Arc 5: Seeking Answers – Chapter 1
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 5: Seeking Answers - Chapter 1

A month later*

"Huh..." Daisuke watched as the vortex that led to KonoSuba's fantasy world quickly closed before his eyes as he was kicked; well, more like almost all the gods begged him to leave as they had too much stress with how much his existence threw everything off course along with all the chaos he had done over the month.

In his right hand is a suitcase filled with many precious materials that were used to pay him to leave the KonoSuba's universe.

So it seems like he kind of got carried away while he was trying other things to see if this was his true calling, other than his idea of just creating whatever he wanted and traveling wherever he wanted.

Daisuke threw the suitcase into the Gate of Babylon, which he noticed took more effort than usual, making him raise an eyebrow that this new world the gods of KonoSuba had sent him might have some restrictions on what he could use due to the world being more mundane.

At the very least, it's not 100% mundane. Certain types of his creations won't work much or at all.

The familiar sheet of paper appears in Daisuke's hand as he reads the future routes along with what kind of world he is in.

Daisuke destroys the sheet of paper as he rubs his forehead as he realizes what kind of world he ends up in. It's Kazuma's home world, aka Earth, but his version.

D4C appears behind Daisuke as he enters the alley. He comes out just behind a light pole.

Another sheet of paper appears in Daisuke's hand and he reads it slowly while he goes over and sits down on a nearby available seat in the open for anyone to sit in.

Daisuke's right eyebrow raised as he finished reading the sheet of paper, then erased it like the one before it.


An hour later*

Daisuke looks at the mansion on the only hill in the village. Then he looks at the sky, where the sun is slowly setting.

Just in time for him to make it before the battle begins.

He walks up just in time to see Hiro just as he is about to close the front doors.

"Greetings." Daisuke says to Hiro, who is very thin in person compared to what he sees in the manga/anime version. "Could you inform the owner of this mansion that I'm here to speak with them?"

Hiro has an uncertain look on his face, but nods and gently closes the door.

While waiting, Daisuke thinks about summoning the others, but then decides to do it later. Because now is not the best time to summon them.

Instead, Daisuke uses this time to use Omnifabrication with the suitcase filled with materials inside the Gate of Babylon to create something new.

Suddenly, The World appears behind Daisuke, stopping time as Omnifabrication takes effect to create the Demolishing Manifestation: Kusanagi, a heavily modified version of the original from the video game Blazblue.

In the form of four paired large blades, each as tall as The World and matching the theme colors of the Stand. Floating behind the mighty Stand, the eight large blades act like wings. Aside from being a deadly weapon in its own right, it also has the ability to neutralize any kind of event interference, as well as manipulate the space/time continuum to make small changes to reality.

The cost of these blades is removed, of course. Instead of making the wielder take all the damage from multiple parallel timelines, these blades can instead affect multiple timelines. Damage all targets from connected parallel timelines.

Daisuke grits his teeth when he discovers that all the materials the gods of KonoSuba gave him have all been used to create the more powerful version, Kusanagi.

The World looked around before seeing the new weapons it had been given, grinned excitedly, and gave Daisuke a nod before disappearing, and time returned to normal.

"Hey! Up here!" Someone shouted from above, causing Daisuke to look up and see one of the windows on the second floor open and Riza leaning out a bit. "Go through the front door! It's unlocked and just come up to the dining room, it's the one with the big double doors! You won't miss it!"

Daisuke would have a lot of doubts right now if it weren't for the fact that his future routes would depend on Hime and the strange adventures she would experience.

Still, he knew that Hime was so rich that she could easily have her mansion rebuilt as much as she wanted and destroy it if it meant defeating the enemy. For that, he could respect Hime because he would do the same in her position. But for those who didn't have money to spend without a care in the world, the owner would be in a lot of trouble.

Anyway, it's time to meet Hime and begin his next adventures of madness.


A few minutes later*

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Hime asks, covered in many blankets.

Flandre, Hime's android maid, comes running with another blanket.

"Wait!" Hime raises her left arm, palm facing Flandre in a gesture for the little maid to stop, which she does. "Is the word: Limit, not in your databank? Flandre..." Hime coughed into her right hand before she could continue. "Seriously, you're going too far for such a small cold."

Flandre didn't seem to hear what her master said, as she tried to pull the blanket back over her master, "Fuga!"

"I told you, I don't need more than that!" Hime yelled at Flandre in frustration, and then she sighed as she took a sip from her teacup filled with some kind of tea. "Anyway, back to you, Daisuke, right?" She received a nod as an answer. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Is this advertisement for a room here still available?" Daisuke reached into his inner jacket, Omnifabrication in use, and pulled out a worn paper of an advertisement he had just mentioned, with food and bedding included.

"Was there such a thing?" Hime looks at the paper in disbelief, then at Flandre. "Did the previous owner place an ad to rent rooms before I got this mansion?"

Flandre tilts her head, "Fuga?"

Hime rubs her forehead, "Never mind... Sure, it's still available. It's not like I'm using all of them. But you might want to come back tomorrow. Tonight might not be a good idea."

Daisuke raises an eyebrow, "Is it because the Pharaoh's Army is coming here?"

"Oh? So you're not a normal human." Hime's eyes widen slightly.

"Pharaoh's Army?" Hiro asked, with a confused look on his face.

"You don't get it, do you? That guy you met today was probably a scout. They're coming... Tonight, which means you'll have to send your sister somewhere else." Hime sighs, then looks at Hiro with disappointment in her eyes.

"Huh...?" Hiro blinks, causing Hime to sigh even more.

"Just take your sister somewhere else than here!" Hime yelled at Hiro, causing him to rush off to do as he was told. "Alright, so what can you do? Can you fight?" She looks at Daisuke, who is just sitting in front of her with a blank face.

"Yes, I can fight. I have many methods for combat. Would you like to hire me as your bodyguard in exchange for living here?" Daisuke didn't care either way since he had achieved his first goal of getting into the main group of this world.

And so far, no divine beings have tried to kick him out of this world like the ones back in KonoSuba. All because he decided to join Kazuma's group to experience all the crazy nonsense they experienced in the events of the canon. This made the gods of the KonoSuba beg him to leave their world.

"All right, seems fair to me. After all, I already have someone who does the same." Hime smiles. "Flandre, get ready and gather all the glass bottles, rags, and gasoline."

"Fuga." Flandre nods, then walks away. Leaving Daisuke and Hime alone in the dining room.

"You may choose any room except the one at the end of the hall. That would be my bedroom." Hime said to Daisuke, who nodded. "Any questions?"

"Yeah, what's the odd of you facing dangers on a daily basis?" Daisuke asks so that he can choose which Stands to use more often, besides The World, for the overkill and the items he has created. Maybe even 'waking' Esdeath from her sleep, which has been going on for a month now.

"More often than you would think. If I'm lucky, then—" Hime starts to cough roughly, then takes another sip from her teacup. "As I was saying. If I was lucky, then I could be left alone for a few more days to a week at best before something or someone shows up wanting to end my life."

"I see." Daisuke rubs his chin, "Well, I should prepare for tonight's battle. Unless you need me for anything else right now?"

"Not if you have something to cure my cold." Hime coughs again at the end. "You can go now. I can manage on my own until tonight."

"I happen to have something that would do the trick." Daisuke pulled out a small pill container filled with pills. "Just one should make you feel better in no time." He got up from his seat and walked over to Hime, placing the pill container in front of her. "Just take one, and you will see the result in a few minutes."

"No disrespect to you, but I'm not going to take something from someone I just met." Hime didn't touch the pill container. "Thanks for the offer, though."

"That's fine." Daisuke shrugs as he takes the pill container back, putting it in his pocket while actually putting it into the Gate of Babylon for future use. "I'll leave you be, then." He exits the dining room.

"Come back here before midnight if you can. I want everyone here when the Pharaoh's Army shows up." Hime said to Daisuke before he closed the doors.

"Noted." Daisuke nods at Hime, then closes the doors behind him as he picks out a room for him to use. It didn't take long as it wasn't too far from the dining room.

Daisuke looks around and finds that it is a nice bedroom. Surprisingly, a king-size bed is not covered with dust; there is even a small bookshelf with books. Along with a single chair and a table next to it. Right next to the bookshelf.

All in all, the place is very nice. It is sad that this bedroom, along with the rest of the mansion, is constantly being destroyed by monsters. However, it's not really his problem, as Hime would simply replace everything after the battle that took place in her mansion.

Walking to the window between the small bookshelf and the chair. Daisuke looks out of the window at the great view from his bedroom, then sits down in the chair and starts thinking about what he should show everyone and what he should keep to himself.

Daisuke thought about it for a few more minutes before he decided just to use whatever, and if they asked, he could just say that he made it, which was true, and that was the only thing they would get from him. At least by then, everyone should be aware that he wasn't like Hiro or any other human in this world because of his ability to make pretty much anything.

The sound of Daisuke's stomach begins to growl.

Right, the first thing he should do is pick out what kind of food he should eat—plenty of options with all the food stored away in the Gate of Babylon.

0