Chapter 64: Everyone Arrives.
272 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Advanced chapters in my Patreon. 

Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

::-------------------------------------------::

(General P.O.V)

"You look...terrible."

Doom said, giving the Fantastic an once-over.

"I wonder whose fault that is?"

Mr.Fantastic growled, walking forward.

"What are you insinuating now, you insufferable Life form?"

Dr.Doom growled back.

The entire mood of the throne room changed, getting heated as both geniuses glared at each other.

"Gentlemen gentlemen...perhaps we should all take a breather-"

Tony begun, only for Cap to grab him by the shoulder, shaking his head. Letting things play out would be better for the Avengers.

They had just appeared here from Asgard and all the Watcher had said was to wait for the rest to arrive.

"We were stuck in the Negative Zone for 5 weeks, Doom."

Reed replied, gritting his teeth.

"Fighting Annihilus and his forces without rest. And it's all your fault."

"Doom has no clue what nonsense you're spouting Richards. Now exit Doom's personal space or pay the price."

Doom threatened.

"Oh come on! Stop playing dumb! We know your Doom-bot messed with Reed's Dimension portal Thingamajig. It exploded and we would have all died if it wasn't for Sue."

Johnny cut in, his hair catching on fire in anger.

"You know nothing of what you speak Boy."

Doom mercilessly replied.

Cracking his fingers, The Thing stepped forward.

"Maybe he doesn't. But I do. It's clobbering time."

"Bring it, Rock man. Doom has faced Gods and Monsters. Doom fears no one."

Doom answered back, green waves of magic swirling about him.

"Huh...should we do something?"

Falcon asked the others.

"Cap said we let them sort it out."

Hawkeye shrugged.

"Not if sorting it out destroys the King of Attilan's throne room. Then we will all be in trouble."

Black Widow countered, eyes surreptitiously gazing at the Inhuman King seated on his throne, watching the proceedings without a word.

That said, things weren't going to escalate further. Not if someone from the Royal family had something to say about it.

"I apologize Dr.Richards, you and your team have been through a lot."

The Queen of the Inhumans, Medusa stated amiably.

"However, please refrain from any hostilities. Unsanctioned conflict of any kind is prohibited in the City. Naturally that includes the Throne room as well."

"Unsanctioned?"

Captain America spoke up.

"Sorry your highness, but that word sticks out to me."

"I'm wondering the same. Do moon people have gladiator matches where one can solve their issues by pummeling their opponent?" Iron-Man snorted.

"Coz if so, count me in Reed. I have some unresolved issues with you, Viktor..."

"Not you too, Tony. I meant we watch and gather information not get embroiled in the fight."

Cap shook his head in exasperation.

"All of you want a piece of Doom then."

Mystical energy brimmed within him, reaching critical levels.

"Come! Doom will take you all on!"

The king of Latveria declared.

Iron Man's chest piece similarly started glowing. The Uru armor working in tandem with the Arc Reactor pushed monumental amounts of power through his body. Power unlike anything he'd ever sensed before.

Golden energy surged out, pushing against Doom's own energy.

It was mystical armor vs Mystical armor.

"I don't have a problem with that."

Iron Man replied fearlessly.

"You will pay for- huh? Thor? Where are you going buddy?"

Tony asked.

Only then did they notice Thor's tense and broad shoulders. Not to mention his heavy steps, filled with a boiling Rage.

And wafting off him was that familiar pressure exuded by the God of Thunder. The smell of ozone as streaks of lightning sparked around him.

"Oh...this is bad. Who thought bringing all these big egos together was a good idea?"

Falcon whispered to Hawkeye.

"I'm just glad none of them are directing their ire my way. I don't think my arrows could save me from that."

Hawkeye replied.

"I'd probably take one down with me though."

"Not a chance Hawkeye. You'd be fried in a second."

Widow mercilessly countered.

"I'd still have a bigger chance than you though, Nat."

Hawkeye playfully responded.

"My arrows wouldn't break easily. But what would your 'spider bite' do to actual gods? Come on Falcon, back me up here."

"Sorry Hawkeye, I'm more concerned with ensuring these guys don't bring the ceiling down on us."

Falcon answered.

And sure enough, the power roiling off Thor was a serious concern. Tiny fractures had already started to appear below his steps, caused by the wild streaks of lightning pouring out of him.

"Take me back to Asgard Watcher or taste my hammer."

Thor growled low, his tone menacing and his eyes hard, filled with the promise of violence upon non-compliance.

"That is no longer possible."

Uatu said regally. Not the least bit intimidated by the God of Thunder.

"Why. Not?"

Thor bit out, eyes glowing with power.

"Because Asgard is no more."

A different voice stated, coming from a portal that manifested in the middle of the room.

And out of it, walked the Ancient One followed by none other than...Shazam.

The latter looked around curiously, eyes taking in the situation.

Powerhouses filled the room. And the auras they were producing...it was enough to make him swallow at the thought of facing one of them.

Or even all of them. He wouldn't discriminate.

"Everyone, meet Shazam. Shazam... everyone."

The Ancient One introduced.

Those who had never seen Billy before, were instantly curious about him. Drawn to the symbol of the white lightning bolt on his chest.

A predatory gaze fell upon his face.

"This is not the congratulatory party I was expecting for dealing with those things Ancient One, but I'm not really complaining. There are so many powerful people to fight..."

"Of course you would see it that way."

The Sorcerer Supreme sighed.

"Don't cause trouble. I won't bail you out if you do."

She warned.

Shazam snorted. Was she serious? Did he look like a troublemaker? Though he wouldn't mind a spar or two. Man, it was like being at an all you can eat buffet.

He counted 3 people who could actually give him trouble.

During his survey, his eyes fell on the Fantastic Four, his expression easing up somewhat.

"You guys look like shit."

He snorted.

"And you...look different."

Sue told him, throwing him a strange look.

"Hey Kid."

The Thing greeted.

"Sup Ben, Johnny, Reed...Sue."

He returned the gesture, eyes lingering on the Invisible Woman a little too long.

"Hey man, have you been...working out?"

Johnny asked, similarly surprised by the body transformation.

"Not really."

Shazam shrugged.

"Woke up like this."

"Sooo cool."

Johnny said, slinging an arm over his shoulder.

"When did you get so cool?"

'What does this hothead mean? I've always been cool.'

Shazam flexed his barrier, pushing off the Human Torch.

"Hey, rude."

Johnny complained but said nothing else.

The way he was staring at Shazam had changed. Now there was caution in his gaze. It was clear Billy was different somehow.

"What happened?"

Billy on his part inquired from Reed.

"I thought you guys had died as well."

"As well?"

Invisible Woman and the other two looked at each other.

Mr.Fantastic frowned.

"We should talk after this Shazam."

Billy knew that Reed was a little jealous at the way he had stared at his wife.

"Yeah we should. But for now...here I got you a present." The Champion of the Gods said, promptly releasing a massive Sentinel from his hammer space, missing it's limbs.

Immediately, Medusa was on her feet.

"Get that thing out of here! If It manages to eavesdrop on our plan-"

"Relax, I shut it down. Fully cutting off its connection to Ultron."

Billy informed her.

"Ultron?"

Mr. Fantastic asked, his attention pulled to the Sentinel.

"We will tell you everything once the last person arrives."

Uatu told them, eyes never leaving Thor. The latter was also staring at Uatu, his patience quickly dwindling.

"Welp, Christmas came early."

Tony said, staring at the remains of the Sentinel.

"This isn't over Viktor."

Iron Man powered down before joining Reed in studying the Sentinel.

"Glad to see Tony listen to reason. A fight with Doom in Attilan is the last thing we would want."

Cap said.

"Hey, isn't that the kid from a few months ago? Billy I think."

Hawkeye said, scratching his head.

"Yeah. But he looks...different. How the hell did he get so ripped in one month? He's almost as tall as Thor!"

Falcon whistled.

Shazam heard his name and turned to the two Avengers.

"Sup."

He greeted, then promptly ignored them. He didn't have time for weaklings.

Infact, he ignored everyone else as his eyes fell upon the strongest being there.

Billy recognized the being almost immediately. The huge head was iconic as were the glowing eyes.

The Watcher.

Shazam walked, or rather prowled forward. His power surged out, making the entire throne room tremble.

On his path was Doom, who stood defiant. Hands crossed over his chest.

Billy reached him...and moved past.

Just a smidgen of his aura dwarfed anything Doom could produce. Which meant Doom was weaker than him. Shazam didn't have time for weaklings.

His aura was even greater than Thor's divine presence. Though it could be argued that the God of Thunder was weakened from his battle with Galactus.

No one however, would think the younger of the two was weaker. Shazam was power incarnate. He felt it within him but his true depths was something even he didn't know.

And he had only unlocked 2 legacies so far. What would happen if he unlocked all?

His power level caused every single eye to focus on him.(Except Reed and Tony who were already geeking out studying the Sentinel, and Thor who was seconds away from blowing up)

The rest had their attention on the Champion of the Gods.

Even Black Bolt himself frowned, the first instant he'd shown his emotions.

He made a discreet sign to his Inhuman subjects, the royal family. Otherwise known as the House of Agon.

A stunned expression appeared on Queen Medusa's face. Her husband...was wary.

She reevaluated Shazam's threat in her mind. Maybe it was time to step in. A brief glance at the Ancient One and Medusa was even more surprised. The Ancient One shook her head at her.

'Don't.'

She said with her eyes.

Medusa said and did nothing, content to watch. If things got dicey, Black Bolt would handle it.

On Billy's part, he noticed something strange. Each step he took towards the Watcher grew heavier and heavier the closer he got.

'Huh...a gravity zone. One that doubles the effects of Gravity each step you take.'

He theorized.

That's why Thor was kept at bay. He was fully under the Watcher's gravity Zone.

Shazam molded his psionic energy around him, staving off the effects as he reached Thor and passed him without a word.

Fighting those of the same power level or even weaker than him wasn't going to do any good. Shazam was more interested in the Watcher's power. It felt like he was standing before Mephisto once more.

"You..."

Shazam finally arrived before Uatu.

"You're strong."

The Watcher's eyes narrowed. Just like he'd thought. The brat was powerful.

"As are you...Demon spawn."

"Demon Spawn?"

Invisible Woman muttered from the side where they were watching the spectacle.

"It's a term that means descended from a demon. Or sharing a demonic heritage."

The Ancient One helpfully answered.

"The boy, Doom demands to know who he is?"

Doom asked the Supreme Sorcerer.

The Ancient One raised an eyebrow at his statement.

"Demand?"

"Doom will not apologize." Viktor said, crossing his hands together.

"But Doom respects you."

The Sorcerer Supreme smiled tightly.

"I see. You still insist on referring to yourself in third person. About your question, you should already know by now, Viktor. Have you been keeping up with your energy sensing? That has always been your weakest skill."

The Ancient One admonished.

"Doom has not."

Doom replied, eyes falling on Shazam's back. He didn't think anyone else apart from the Ancient One noticed but...the boy was not actually walking...he was hovering a few millimeters off the ground.

There was a barely detectable membrane of energy around his body.

"But Doom's entire body shudders at the thought of fighting him."

Everybody within earshot was shocked.

Doon admitting he was afraid!?

"Well, I guess I've seen it all now."

The Ancient One cackled.

Uatu frowned.

The gravity field around him did not seem to affect the boy. 'He's using his own energy to cancel out the effect. He's brilliant with energy control. With time, he could even learn to access the Power Cosmic all on his own...'

And Uatu knew the kind of claim he was making. This child was just that impressive.

"So what do you say to a spar, Watcher?"

Shazam offered with a small smirk.

"How bold."

A voice claimed from Billy's back. A hand landing on his shoulder.

Thor was breathing a bit too fast yet, he was enduring the Gravity Field just by using his body.

"You dare ignore me, boy!?"

Shazam's eyes never left Uatu's. That said, the smirk on his face slipped off as a mask of indifference fell upon his face.

"Remove your hand...or LOSE IT."

The Champion muttered, but his aura monstrously surged outward, filling the entire chamber.

The other presences dimmed and breathing became hard.

Thor's hair begun dancing in the air. His own Divinity roared to life battling against Shazam's.

The hand on Billy's shoulder tightened.

"I have business with the Watcher Boy. You should learn some manners."

The God of Thunder growled.

"Oh well, I warned you."

Shazam sighed.

Following the ominous words, Thor's body was launched backwards.

"Huh?"

The God of Thunder looked at his hammer the instant he landed. Several feet away from Shazam.

"Mjonirl...you saved me?"

His divine weapon had pulled him away without consent or even hesitation. The Hammer had deemed the situation too dangerous.

Looking up, Thor understood why.

"Oh you dodged that? Interesting."

Shazam turned to stare at him, the eyes of a hunter gazing at the God of Thunder.

On Shazam's shoulder, a massive blade created from his Symbiote biology retracted into his suit.

The Trident of Neptune appeared by Billy's side. He grabbed it, slamming the pommel down on the floor.

The ringing sound it produced made everyone's heart shake in anticipation and caution.

"Maybe you are worth fighting, after all. Let's see who's stronger God of Thunder, your divine weapon or mine."

Before the situation could intensify, a blue portal appeared in between both, and a gigantic Dog carrying two people jumped out.

"Motherfucker. You have a dog that can teleport?!"

Fury asked in surprise from the back of the massive Bulldog.

"We're here."

The girl with him, Crystal, Queen Medusa's sister, said while gazing around.

"We also seem to be the last ones."

Her gaze fell on Shazam.

Their eyes briefly met. Crystal stopped breathing. His eyes...they were the most intimidating she had ever seen. Yet, they carried a certain beauty to them.

On his part, Billy was surprised by the sudden arrival of Fury and...her.

She was...different. He didn't know why but she stood out like a candle in a dark room.

He didn't feel like fighting anymore.

"Mmph."

The Trident in his hands disappeared back into his Hammer space.

"Count yourself Lucky Thor. Touch me again and you will lose more than a hand."

7