Chapter 70: Vs The Indomitable Hulk part 1.
173 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Advanced chapters in my Patreon. 

Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

::-------------------------------------------::

(General P.O.V)

The World Tree. A massive cosmic structure that connected multiple realms through spatial wormholes.

That TREE was burning.

The fire was more conceptual than physical. And it was more concentrated on Asgard's location than anywhere else.

Despite that, the damage was extensive and soon...the flames would burn through the branches...and reach other realms.

The locale of the World Tree Asgard had occupied was a smoldering vortex of chaotic energy. 

Both cosmic, divine and magical power, swirled vivaciously in the aftermath of Asgard's twilight.

And in that space where nothing living could survive, a figure laden with multiple burns, missing most of its limbs and blind on both eyes floated a top the cosmic soup. 

This was the state the Allfather found himself in after battling against the World Eater. 

A fight he'd ultimately lost. Quite badly at that.

Asgard was...no more. His wife. His children. His subjects. His people...

The Allfather's shame knew no bounds.

He'd been spared while his Realm was devoured by Galactus. Odin knew why he'd been left alive. It was an insult.

Galactus was basically saying that he saw no threat coming from the Allfather.

"Unacceptable."

Motes of green light started gathering around his broken form on account of the sheer anger within him.

"Your folly for letting me live, Galan of Taa, will be your UNDOING!!"

Odin's voice echoed out through the unstable space, the sound projected through the Odin-force. 

He might be weak. He might be old. But he was far from useless. Even in defeat, his pride would not let him give in. 

Even in defeat, there was something he could do. 

For Odin was not the only thing to survive Asgard's end.

The Destroyer Armor's face plate lit up in the darkness. He couldn't wear it. But that wasn't the plan. 

"Go forth, seek out my son Thor. If he's dead...find someone worthy."

The Allfather gave his final order. 

The cosmic soup trembled as the Destroyer Armor blasted away, leaving the galaxy and headed to Earth. 

(Billy's P.O.V)

The Hulk tore apart the wall separating us like it was a sheet of wet paper. His bloodshot eyes glowed with rage as he stared me down. 

My response was the middle finger. 

A low growl rumbled from his chest. 

"Go. He has his attention on me."

I informed my allies. 

Black Bolt and the other three made their move. 

Unfortunately, the Hulk's focus landed on them. He roared, a sound that shook the IRIS, then grabbed a massive sheet of metal and threw it like a discuss, Crystal's way. 

I stepped forward and caught it, the force and impact getting absorbed by my TK aura. 

"Bad Hulk."

The sheet of metal flew out of my palm at twice the initial speed, rushing back the way it came. 

The Hulk brought both hands together in a deafening Thunder clap. The pressure wave was strong enough to shred the sheet of metal into pieces. 

Psionic Field shimmered around me as the shockwave was blocked. The surprising thing was that I was pushed back. 

But the Hallway would have had it even worse had I not covered it with a psionic membrane. 

The whole Satellite rocked due to the Hulk deciding melee would be more effective on me than ranged attacks. 

It took all but two lunges for the massive purple and green monstrosity to invade my personal space. 

There was no hesitation, I immediately tapped into the full might of Hercule's strength. The Hulk wasn't an opponent I could take lightly. 

Heat invaded my body, my skin turned red as the color of red hot coals. 

Immediately I shot up in size and height, placing me not at his level but just slightly below.

Bam! 

My fist collided with his, slightly pushing me a few feet back. The force of his attack was so strong my TK Aura could not contain it all. 

The Shockwaves would damage me if I didn't do something. 

So I redirected the excess energy out through the shoulders, tearing apart the costume, but the Symbiote side was already working on fixing it. 

"Rraaarhhh!!"

Another furious howl escaped him. 

Bam! 

Another fist was unleashed my way. I met it with one of my own. Then the barrage started. 

The Hulk was like an out of control wrecking ball. For the first time sincemy rebirth, I felt actual pain coming from my hands. 

Not even the Sentinels had hurt me. 

Each punch I blocked pushed me back more and more until I found myself two feet away from the end of the Hallway. 

This time though, the expected punch didn't come. 

Instead, the Hulk kicked out with monumental strength. The leg shifted with cords of muscles as a foot as big as my arm raced my way. 

My eyes widened minutely and I immediately teleported behind him. 

Unmitigated Havoc. 

That's what how I would describe what happened next. 

The whole wall was obliterated, tearing a hole through the IRIS and exposing us to the vacuum of space. 

Now I know what happened to The Thing. 

The satellite buckled as air escaped through the hole. 

This fight was already too risky with the rest around. I couldn't go all out without hurting them. 

So that leaves one option. 

I slammed into the Hulk's back and we sailed out through the hole. 

The heat around his body would have turned anyone else to cinder. He was positively burning with a strange energy. 

I knew Gamma radiation. And this wasn't it. 

The energy must have been the reason he was purple and green now. Beating him back to green would hopefully revert him back. 

For equal measure, I enquired throught Quantum prognosis and grinned at the answer.

'You and I are gonna have so much fun, Banner.'

I thought, both of us careening through another satellite, leaving a shower of metal floating in space. 

The Hulk couldn't breathe in the vacuum but that didn't seem to deter Big Green and Purple. He unleashed another Thunder clap to our front, arresting our momentum and throwing us back. 

I see, he's trying to get back to the IRIS where there's breathable air. Smart. 

I teleported to his front, still flying relative to his own speed.

An arm was pulled back, Hercule's strength brimming through the bones, muscles and flesh. 

"This is for trying to kill Crystal!"

My fist landed on his cheek. The Hulk's body sailed off at supersonic speeds, trajectory set for the IRIS. Right before he could collide with it, I was there. At his back. 

"And this."

I stated, whipping out with my leg and landing an earthshaking blow. 

"Is for thinking you could take me!!"

The Hulk shot off once again. But I was there as well, ready with another devastating punch. 

"Dakota Smash!"

He shot off like a bullet. I teleported where he was headed. 

Was I blatantly plagiarizing other people's attacks? Yes. Did I care? You know the answer to that. 

"Serious punch!"

My fist connected with his neck. I heard a crack as it broke but was fixed instantly. 

"Thunderclap Finish!"

This time I broke his spine, it was also fixed in the fraction of a second. 

"Sundip punch!"

"Collosal Titan Punch!"

"Meteor Fist!"

"Garp's Fist of Love!"

On and on it went. I finally stopped holding back on the second legacy. Hulk was a ping pong ball. My ping pong ball. 

Yet, any damage I dealt was meaningless. His regeneration was crazier active than my own. 

"That's it. Let see if you can take this."

I blinked above his body, then poured everything I had into my arm for one final attack. 

Hellfire coated my fist, the orange colored flames making the already scarlet arm glow even more brightly. And dangerously. 

I pulled on the reserves of Kinetic energy in my TK Aura, adding it to the mix. 

My hand begun breaking down and regenerating in a never ending loop. The pain shooting through the limb was agonizing but I beared through it. For this was my coup de Grace.

"Herculean Punch!!!!"

There was a whoosh as space itself trembled along the path of my fist. Then it landed right on the Hulk's midsection. 

The Hulk's eyes poked out of his sockets, his massve form bent around my punch and then he was off, blasting down towards the Planet like a meteor.

His form instantly begun burning upon reentry, bursting through and parting the smog hanging above the planet. 

I could swear I heard the loud boom his landing made, off the Southwest of Toronto in Canada, a decidious forest region. 

I teleported straight there, using Psionic Field to scan the terrain. My hand was already fixed but even that good news, paled next to the scene at my front. 

Damn. Herculean Punch was a bit of overkill. 

Before me was a crater, almost as big as the Grand Canyon itself. Stark in the middle of the woods. And on the center of the crater was Hulk's smoking body. 

I teleported above him, staring down at his form. 

His left hand was gone. And there was a massive hole on his chest. His head was bald, the air most likely having been burnt on reentry. 

"That should put you down for a while big guy."

I told him, even though he couldn't hear him land on ground and approach. 

My steps slowed down. Something was wrong. I tried to investigate with my sensinf and the results were quite interesting. 

Hulk was absorbing the radiation from the ground and the air. His injuries were starting to heal at an insane rate as well. Maybe punching him to Earth wasn't the best idea. 

The battle hungry smile on my face however, revealed my true feelings. The truth was, I didn't want it to end so fast. 

The Royal Demon Bloodline demanded I fight and dominate. Unbeknownst to me, my other eye, the blue one gained a second ring around the pupil. 

I only came to notice it afterwards but right then...my vision became razor focus and paired up with Psionic Field, I could perceive energy and see through matter. 

That's what allowed me to spot the core of something in the middle of the Hulk's brain, specifically the Frontal Lobe. 

The part that controls key functions relating to consciousness and communication, memory, attention and other important roles.

Ultron. 

"Chances that the device in the Hulk's brain is what's causing him to go haywire?"

"100%"

Quantum Prognosis answered. 

Good to know. I just have to remove it then. But how? Something of this calibre needed delicate surgical precision. 

I couldn't blunt force it with Telekinesis, believe me. I tried to cover it with psionic energy and teleport the device out but something blocked me. 

Must be Ultron's contigency. The only way to remove it would be by cutting through his skull.

I could do it with a sharp enough water construct, but the problem was the fact I wasn't anywhere near water. 

Shit. Maybe if I-

The surroundings changed suddenly. One second I was in the Canadian region, the next I found myself in the Sahara.

In the night time. 

My brain registered the existence of the teleportation right after my body had already cleared thousands of miles. 

When I turned towards the general direction of where I came from, I understood why. 

The entire sky was painted with a purple glow. Extending out psionic field to it's limit, I was able to get a clear picture of what was happening. 

All the radiation in North America was being absorbed into a vortex. And in the middle of that Vortex was the Hulk. 

Bigger. Badder...and his entire body was coated by a thick layer of Vibranium in the shape of armor. 

Setting my teleportation to a few miles from the eye of the storm, I appeared on the fringes of the vortex. 

While before the region was covered by sickly but still standing elms, beeches, maples, hickories and many trees... 

It had transitioned into a flat even ground. No rock outcrops stood tall in the terrain, no hills, or mountains were left jutting out. 

It was all...flat.

For hundreds of miles on end.

And at the center, brimming with unholy amounts of energies, was the Hulk, hands spread out, torrential quantities of radiation seeping into him. 

Wordlessly, Neptune's Trident appeared in my hands.

A part of me was still thinking om the fact my body had automatically teleported me away due to threat of mortal harm. 

The 'How' aside, it was clear the Hulk was now strong enough to kill me. Instead of fear, the possibility spurred me on. 

I twirled Neptune's Trident, summoning Gaea's glowing water from my inventory. The same water I used to construct The Ice Unit in the past. 

"Let's try that again, shall we?"

::----------------------::

Check out my new book, Spider-man X. 

5