Chapter 0: Prologue
139 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0: Prologue

Amidst the chaos of the battlefield, an exhausted warrior emerged, clad in a brilliant crimson armour adorned with intricate lacquered metal plates, meticulously linked together by delicate silk laces and cords.

Her once neatly tied hair now flowed freely like a mesmerizing cascade of violet, its hues catching the light as it swayed and danced with each gentle sweep of the battlefield wind.

With fatigue etched upon her features, the determined female warrior braced herself, clutching the hilt of her gleaming viridescent blade.

She planted its tip firmly into the ground, using it as a steadfast anchor, trying to regain her balance amidst the whirlwind of battle.

She is accompanied by someone, a person she trusts with her life. Together, they have confronted and conquered numerous challenges, their bond for each other is strong.

Beside the female warrior stood a man draped in a worn-out rose-colored scarf, his armor has been ruined beyond recognition. Judging from the state of his armor, one would assume he had taken considerably more damage compared to the female warrior.

Yet, remarkably, he stood tall and resolute, undeterred by the weight of his battles, wielding two swords with one in each hand. The man said in a cynical tone,

“I…don’t think…we are going to come out victorious from this one.”

The female warrior glanced over to the direction of the man,

“We are the only ones left standing here, look around…”

The warrior, with her left hand, pointed her finger to her west. Countless corpses are seen surrounding them, on a bloody battlefield.

 “…there’s no one else left.”

The man sighed and said in a displeasing tone, “I really shouldn’t have come back; I could have had a laid-back life if I just stayed.”

The female warrior shook her head slowly in disagreement, “Too late now, you are here.”

“So…let’s try not to die and kill this piece of shit in front of us right now. What says you, lazy man?”, The warrior asked.

“Couldn’t agree more.”

What stood before them, had transcended beyond humanity’s understanding. Its appearance was comprised of a humanoid creature, the armor on its body had melded seamlessly with its flesh as if it were an extension of its body. Its eyes were like a bottomless pit of hole that no amount of light could ever reach. With its eyes, it coldly gazed at the only two living beings present before it.

With its lifeless yet resilient physique, it started to walk towards the warrior and the man. Despite its lifeless aspect, its very existence evoked the feeling of both grace and despair. It was like the manifestation of a god, took on the mantle of death.

The warrior raised her sword and poised herself, her jade-colored blade gleamed brightly under the sun. She had assumed a battle-ready stance, her body aligned with purpose and determination.

The man did the same, positioning himself into a stance with a combination of fluidity and precision. Setting his feet firmly on the ground, his grip on his weapons is steady but flexible.

The warrior narrowed her gaze and focused on the entity before herself, She breathed slowly, matching every breath with each step the entity took.

Every step the monstrous entity took, an encroaching darkness can be felt within their heart. The feeling of dread is filling her as it walked closer, Grasping her by the heart with more force, as the distance between them diminishes.

Deep down, she knew that it wouldn’t end well for them. Her resolve may be unbreakable, but she is no fool that would be clouded by the ignorance or arrogance of her fortitude.

Who can blame her after all? Before them stood a foe, whose strength is simply too much for humanity to overcome. Yet, the duo refused to falter.

They steeled themselves, drawing upon every ounce of courage and resilience they possessed. Their hearts now beat as one, united in purpose and defiance against the encroaching darkness. With every fiber of their being, they cast aside doubt and fear.

In the blink of an eye, the duo leaped forward with a thunderous battle cry, their weapons ablaze with power. Their charge was a symphony of resolve, aimed to pierce the very heart of despair itself.

As their blades clashed with the entity, the impact reverberated through the ground, the battlefield quivered under the sheer force of their clash.

 

 

5