Chapter 57 – Secrets
653 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Lord Parol invited the Serncond Family for dinner two days ago,” Nina spilled out what she had gathered so far, still searching for her dress. “They invited me to the dinner table too.”

“See?” Jenna patted her head like she was some obedient doll. “Parol trusts you. Now, the Serncond family is the closest to the queen after my father. Did they reveal any surprising intentions? Poison the queen? Kill her head guard? Hang my father?”

Nina shivered with each question. For once, she was curious to know what thoughts ran in the woman’s head.

“No, during dinner they only spoke about a political alliance against your father,” Nina recalled the details well. There were far too many words she couldn’t understand, but she caught the words bank and deposits. “Apparently they are raising money for something.”

Jenna frowned. “Probably a political campaign. Did they mention the name of a bank?”

“Oh yes, the Atra Holds in Lukumb District.”

“Which is at least a two-day trip from this district. Why would they choose a bank so far away? Anything else?”

“Both of them are attending the nightly court in the coming week.”

“They are political candidates Nina, of course, they will. The queen will be visiting this district next week, and when the nightly court is held, everyone will want a word with her,” then her voice grew silent. “Except me.”

She seemed to be lost in thought, and Nina took the time to grab her skirt. But before she could grab it, Jenna held it firmly.

“Oh, you can stay naked Nina. Seeing the person I talk to naked always makes me feel like they are my bitch.”

If she wasn’t the duke’s daughter I would be slapping her in the face.

But Nina stayed kept her mouth shut.

“What else?”

“Lord Parol’s son was caught groping a maid.”

“I meant related to politics Nina. Maids being groped is more common than men getting wilted cocks on the bed.”

“I wasn’t finished. This time the maid wasn’t silent. She said she would report to the queen.”

“Ah, the queen’s natural care for women is spreading wild, isn’t it? I don’t think Parol took it easily.”

“No, he threw a tantrum, and let the maid go. Two days later the military came back saying they found a woman’s body floating down the river-”

“That’s not news either Nina. When someone goes against a royal, ending in the river is more of a good option.”

“That is all I have.”

“So all you’ve gathered so far is how Parol is teaming up with the Serncond family, and their money is in a bank far away.”

That made Nina snap. “With all due respect my lady, I am not a god. My eyes are limited to only a few rooms.”

“True,” Jenna wasn’t smiling anymore. “Besides, I don’t think I’ll have any need of your duties after next week.”

Nina suddenly tried to imagine a world without Gray’s sex. No, that was what drove her to the Adlefort mansion. She needed the sex.

“B-but-”

“Don’t worry,” Jenna shrugged her away. “From the next day onwards you’ll be handled by Lyla. What you do is up to her, and when Gray will fuck you is up to Gray.”

Nina didn’t know whether to be sad or relieved. Gray seemed to have sex with a lot of women. What made her special?

Speaking of women…

She looked at Jenna, who was still thinking about something.

“Lady Jenna, can I ask something?”

“Ask away.”

“Were you assaulted....maybe by someone you didn't like?”

The royal’s eyes blazed, and when they stared into Nina, they seemed to drill fear straight into her heart.

“I-I didn’t mean to offend-”

“Watch your tone governess!” Jenna threw her clothes. “Did you forget what Parol did to the maid who decided to speak too much?”

Nina felt like she wanted to empty her bladder. “My lady, please-”

“What gave you the idea that me - the daughter of the duke - was even touched by some filthy…fucking animal?”

Thinking of it Nina shouldn’t have posed the question. She wanted to help her if it was a serious issue. Or perhaps she loved that giddy delight of snapping at the woman, because all the times she and Gray had sex, she noted something.

“I forgot my place Lady Jenna. Please-”

“No,” Jenna grabbed her by the hair and pulled her close. “Tell me, what made you think that?”

“I shouldn’t-”

“You have three seconds to speak,” Jenna’s nails scratched her cheek. “Or you are going to wish you were a floating body in the river.”

Nina’s heart beat fast. She felt a few drops of urine escape, even when she tried to hold it.

“Y-you always look afraid,” she broke down crying. “When I first saw you watch me and Gray have sex I thought you loved watching us. But the moment he started thrusting into me you’d look away. And then I thought….I thought….”

Jenna’s eyes were blazing. “SAY IT!”

“I thought you were into women. But a few more days later I realized you weren’t into women, and it wasn’t that you disliked sex, you were afraid of it.”

Jenna was shivering, and she was heaving like a mad bull. Nina decided to continue. Something told her she needed justification to stop herself from getting thrown into the fireplace.

“I’ve seen someone like you. My sister was the same. She was raped by the noble she worked with, and she had never been the same. She tries to hide it, smiling and grinning, but whenever she sees a man she coils away. Whenever she sees me have sex she looks away with distaste. Lady Jenna, you are trying to be brave just because you don’t want others to see your fear, don’t you?”

Nina had a moment to react before Jenna pushed her out of the bed. And for a woman who grew among maids and riches, she was awfully strong. Nina didn’t even know what happened till her butt hit the ground.

“Get out,” Jenna wasn’t looking at her. “And pray the gods you don’t tell this to anyone Nina. Because if you will, I know where you live. I know where your sister and old father stay. I’ll kidnap you, and then butcher them right in front of your eyes.”

Her tone. It was what scared Nina the most. There was such confidence in her tone Nina didn’t want to think otherwise.

“L-lady Jenna-”

“GET OUT!”

Nina dressed hastily, almost half. She realized she had forgotten her chemise, but she ran out of the room with her breasts out in the open. She ran out and closed the door firmly.

That girl was a nut job. Something had happened to her. Nina was sure of it. But she didn’t want to know.

“Sexual assault huh?”

Nina jumped. She turned to see Aisha leaning beside the door, with the snarkiest grin any woman could ever put out.

“L-lady Aisha…”

“I finally have something against that bitch,” her grin widened. And the little knife in her hand swirled. “Ahh, my sweet Gray is going to be delighted when he hears this.”

“M-my lady-”

But she had already turned, and she walked out of the corridor, muttering something to herself.

Nina’s chest was heaving. All because she couldn’t control her damn mouth. She looked around to see any piece of cloth to cover her top. And then she would be out of the house.

Hopefully this would be her final visit.

Sex with Gray was good, but dealing with the psychopaths surrounding him wasn’t.

14