The Beginning
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[I got a proof reader for the next chapter but kind of want to leave this one so y'all know what it looks like when I don't]

Terrence felt the warmth as is seemed to leak for the hole left in his chest by the knife, he could hear his family's screams in the background seem to fade as his consciousness left him. Death was approaching fast and he had no way of knowing where he was going in the end. 

That was a terrifying thought to his fading mind. His fighting career had meant nothing to the knife wielding fool in front of him, the blade had been buried deep before Terrence even knew he'd been stabbed. At the very least the one solace he had was that he no longer needed to fight to make the money to feed his family, they'd be fine on his life insurance policy. Lucille had made sure he got one after he told her he'd be going into the bare knuckle competition that had just cropped up two towns over. 

As he faded the word around him seemed to warp, shift, and undulate. The air weighing heavily in his lungs as he felt the cold rushing in almost as fast as the regret, he'd hoped to spend more time with little Sarah. She was only three now and probably wouldn't even remember him. 

---

The warmth was back and it hurt the tears came fast and with it the screams of her baby. 

"Hand me my boy, I want to see him John", Tiffany cried as the blood on the operating table seemed to fill the room they were in. John's eyes watered as the love of his life was visibly paling losing that life she was always so full of right in front of his eyes.

"No baby you need to stay calm so the doctors can fix you up good okay hun?", As John shook with the little monster in his arms screaming out to the world for the crime of it's very existence. The tusks coming out of its mouth covered in his mother's blood, having gored her on his way out. John set it down in the crib. Not even the nurse willing to do much as approach the thing to swaddle him. The little beast's first moments in the world dyed in cold and screaming. 

---

"Fredrick get you goddamned ass over here right now!!!!" John screamed to the sty across the property.

Fredrick sprinted out of the stalls after having only just brought the pigs in for the night, "Yea Dad?", he questions through gritted teeth. He didn't hate the man not with the severity he seemed to show him but give what ya get in this part of the country for they'll tear you apart like the gators so fond of the bayous they inhabit. Fred was not a stranger to resentment, not after the treatment his father put him through and the even rougher moments in the public school he was put in for his pa's small reprieve from his apparent disgusting presence. 

John looked his boy over if you could even call it that. The thing stood at 5 foot already and it was only 10 years old. Broad shouldered and with a pair of long barreled arms, it seemed to be built to survive. But that face, that damn monstrous face. Less human than the pigs he handled so often, it had the full snout of a boar and the tusks of a full grown one at that. It's face wrinkled and head larger than any man's should ever be. 

"I'm sendin' you to a place where they oughta be able to take better care of ya. So eat up good and get some nice rest, I don't wanna have some suit knockin' on my door cause you got a lil' peckish on the ride over to the home", John seemed to mull over that last word but Fed thought nothin of it. He was just happy to be going somewhere he might not be judged so harshly for his appearance. Don't get him wrong his old world wasn't anything perfect but damn if it wasn't less biased than this place, though with that weird swamp creature wading around he couldn't really get angry with people for not liking somthin' that didn't fit the norm round here. 

"Alright Dad I'll clean up and scarf down some food", the conversation had come up about a week prior, during one of their weekly shouting matches that had stared over something small. But he was prepared he had a bag packed and had everything squared away. He was just waiting on his dad to make the call.

"Go on and get in the the shower now", John seemed more docile today than previous days, hell years in all honesty. But Fred wasn't complaining their, relationship was strained at the best of times but John had never raised a hand against him. 

The night dragged on and eventually Fred was out like a light, the drugs John had slipped into the food worked like a charm. John made the call that would damn them both hoping for all that was right in the world, that they'd have the damn thing outta his house that night. Not knowing that the van parked just down the road intended to leave no witnesses.

[And so ends chapter one of Onslaught, I took some inspiration from some played for this idea but I hope y'all like the first chapter. I'm going to try and keep him relatively weak. He'll be stronger than baddies like croc but with less of the strengths that make him the imposing foe he is. Think grindy but taller and smarter. And but that I mean the depiction in most cartoons, big and dumb. Leave a like if you enjoyed it and want to see me continue this, like literally one and I'll make chapter two I have huge plans for this but don't wanna waste time on it if no one's interested.]

1