Chapter 8 – Slime is too strong p4
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Kwon Myunghan, Executive Director in charge of the Korean branch of Arcadia.
After returning to his office after an emergency meeting, his face was full of tiredness.
“Huuu”
After taking a deep breath, he rubbed his eyes to relieve his fatigue for a moment, then looked at the computer that was turned off and said.
“Alice”

Snap click

The computer suddenly turned on as if in response to his words. And text appeared on the screen.
[Level 3 Administrator, Kwon Myunghan, Executive Director. Confirmed]
Executive Director Kwon Myunghan, was unable to concentrate because of his complicated thoughts throughout the meeting. Others had dismissed the matter as a mere error, but he knew it was not.
Alice, an artificial intelligence system that is close to perfection and seems to have far surpassed modern technology.
He knew that this slime incident was not a simple mistake, but a thoroughly intentional and calculated situation, as long as the subject in charge and control of everything in Arcadia was an artificial intelligence, not a human. However, he just doesn't know the reason behind it.
“This slime stat adjustment, Alice, did you know it?”

Alice answered Executive Director Kwon Myunghan’s question.

[That’s right]
“Why?”

His question pops out immediately as it should be. However, after a brief pause, Alice gave a dry answer.

[Insufficient access rights for related information.]
Lack of access rights.
Information that he, who is in charge of and oversees the Korean branch of Arcadia cannot access. The executive director, who had received that answer, had a distorted face.
“No, what if even the Korean Branch Executive Director can’t read it? Shouldn't the company respond if they know the circumstances before and after? Consumer complaints are exploding exponentially right now!”
“...”
As the exquisitely strengthened slimes destroy the beginner's experience of the game left and right, Korean user’s dissatisfaction increased greatly. A situation where normal play is impossible. But Alice’s answer was the same.
[This is a normal stat change. Adjustment of related contents is not possible.]
Any human can question her, but since she is an artificial intelligence, it was impossible to appease or threaten her, so Kwon Myunghan gave up persuading her.
“Then, First of all, the basic quest prepared for beginners, would you mind revising that first?”
In order to put out the urgent fire, The Executive Director had brought up a story about a tutorial quest prepared to help beginners get started.
[Beginner Adaptation Quest - 1]
-Kill the Slime 0/1
Because of this quest, the official website and the customer center were burning brightly.
-Oh shit, did you guys send me to catch them and then send me to the netherworld?
-Are you crazy? Are you telling me to catch this as a beginner now? Dark Soul is not like this.
-A game for beginners from the start. Mmmmm
-You gave me the wrong quest. ‘Be killed by a slime’ is the original content quest hahaha
There was a public evaluation that the game was a bit unfriendly to beginners, but now, beyond that evaluations that it is an extremely hardcore game that game companies are deliberately inducing beginners to die are rampant here and there. Although it was a problem that game company had nothing to do with all of this.
[Which adjustment are you talking about]
“Slime hunting quest, deactivate it for now. It would be difficult if there were more protests saying that they died because of us.”
At the words of Kwon Myunghan, Alice immediately gave an answer.
[... Satisfied with administrative rights. Disable ‘Beginner Adaptation Quest - 1’.]
It didn’t yield much, but he thought it was a sigh of relief that one problem that was producing newbie damage was solved.
But he didn’t know.
That this situation is just a prologue.
***
Who said that humans are animals of adaptation?
The situation where the reinforced slime slaughtered unsuspecting beginners did not last as long as Jaeyoung had hoped.
Since it became a hot topic on the Internet and even had an article published, the number of beginners who died trying to catch slimes has plummeted to the point where you can’t find them.
That’s in just two days after the slime got enhanced. And the efforts of users also played a big role in this situation.
“You shouldn’t go hunting for slimes.”
“Hey! The slime monster here is strong. You need to kill and catch a different monster.”
“Huh, oh yeah thanks.”
When there were even people who stopped users heading to the slime habitat, not knowing if they didn’t read the Internet well, and even made them turn away, Jaeyoung realized that the sweet honey was all gone.
“What… Still, this isn’t a bad situation.”

-Killing newbie users who have not changed jobs.

-Number of novices killed: 9,640
-Remaining time: 1 day, 22 hours, 46 minutes, 17 seconds.
Nearly 10,000 users died because of Jaeyoung and were restricted from access for a day. And even now, very intermittently, the number was increasing. And the moment the number reached 10,000
[You have killed 10,000 beginners]
[A feat that no one can achieve! You are a vicious killer that everyone can acknowledge!]
[The title, ‘Novice Killer’ has been obtained.]
[You have exceeded the reward range of the given mission. You’ll receive an Intermediate Reward.]
Various messages floating in front of his eyes as if he was being congratulated by the achievement. Among them, Jaeyoung titled his head while looking at the last pop up window.
“Intermediate Reward?”
When he pressed the shiny box, a black orb appeared in front of him.
Ugh-
A violent storm blew around, cracking the space itself. And something came out of the little hole.
“Kwaaek!”
Something about the size of a palm, with black glow all over its body, appeared with a strange scream.
[Intermediate reward settlement has been completed.]
[You have acquired a Familiar.]
Familiar. It’s similar to a pet, but it's usually a type of fairy that gives various buffs and debuffs, but what appears in front of Jaeyoung.
“What, Why am I here and Why am I like this!”
The familiar’s appearance is a demon with two horns and tiny bat wings that it flaps.
It looked around as if it had suddenly got dragged in, but soon found Jaeyoung and glared at him with ferocious eyes.
“You bastard! Did you summon me?”
“... I didn’t do it, but maybe it was because of me?”
At those words, the little devil’s face contorted in a grim manner. Then it started to glow violently.
“No! I don’t have time for this, am not some low level imp bastard, what? Familiar? What should I do if I get thrown away with this forced and compulsory contract that I can’t even negotiate one! It’s not just one or two things I am currently doing in the Demon Realm right now!”
Jaeyoung, who was about to open his mouth at the sight of the demon squealing and blazing with its small size, not even the size of his palm, was startled when he saw the name on the top of the little devil.
[The Lord of Chaos, The Demon King Satan.]
Satan.
At first glance, this cute little devil had a famous name that could only be heard in mythology. Even with the prestige of being the ‘Demon King’.
“... ?”
It was the same for Jaeyoung that he did not understand the current situation. Are you suddenly a demon? No matter how many beginners he killed, it seemed too much to throw a demon king to use as a familiar pet as an intermediate reward settlement. That’s also the demon king who seemed ang- no, very angry at the moment.
“Below this level, Damn, even bad guys should be moderately twisted. What the fuck is this lately.”
Satan, who had been lamenting as if he were an old man in his late years who had gone through everything in the world, and all kinds of sort of things looked at Jaeyoung and started talking.
“Hey, human.”
“... ?”
Seeing him speak so casually, I wanted to say, ‘Familiar pet, but rude to the owner!’, but he couldn’t.
[Demon King Satan.]
Just looking at that name, there was a very strong sign that if he touched it wrongly, He would not be able to find his bones and he would have to quit the game.
“No matter what, the forced contract was made in your human language, so I think we should stay together for a while.”
Just when Jaeyoung didn’t know how to react when he saw Satan jump up and land on top of him, a message popped up in front of him.
[You can use the power of the familiar pet by consuming plausibility.]
[However, The Familiar is a demon. Beware of deception and temptation.]
“Hmm.. ? Y-you have quite a bit more power than I thought, right?”
Satan sitting on his head suddenly speak in a strangely interesting voice.
“What power?”
“Is this why I became involved in the contract? Well, if you do well, you might be able to push away all those chicken winged angels, right?”
In response to Jaeyoung’s question, Satan muttered to himself what to do, lost in thought. Then, he waved his fluttering wings and floated in front of Jaeyoung, asking.
“Human, by any chance, can you give me the power you have?”
“No, so what power are you asking?”
“What is it? The power to overturn the laws of the world! The one you have!”
“What? Are you talking about plausibility?”
The power to overturn the laws of the world. Hearing Satan’s words, Jaeyoung was able to realize that what he wanted was plausibility.
“It’s a power that a mere human wouldn’t be able to use anyway, so just give it to me. Then I will reward you appropriately.”
-Plausibility: 8,975
I don’t know what it is, but Satan salivating and covets the plausibility stat. Looking at him, Jaeyoung was able to realize that this stat is much more important than he thought.
“What, how much are you going to give me?”
“Let’s see… Hmmm, If you’re giving me all you’ve got.”
Satan, who seemed to be contemplating something, waved his hands in the air, then took out a cloak from somewhere and said.
“This much?”
[Nargal’s Lament - Unique]
The cape of Nargal, who leads the Demon World’s 2nd Legion.
-Level Required to Equip: 150
-Physical Defense: 2,500
-Magical Defense: 1,500
-Special Skills: Energy Absorption, Vengeful Ghost Shield
-Evil-type Skill: Lv +2
-Protects the user from a fatal blow once
(Cooldown Period: 2 Days)
“... …”
In a situation that made him lose his words, Jaeyoung’s mind became complicated.
The game just opened less than two weeks ago. But even though it was such a game, Jaeyoung felt as if he was playing another game. I heard that an American ranker had finally reached level 50, but this little devil was pushing a Level 150 equipment right in front of his eyes.
Even with a unique grade.
For a moment, he fell into an extremely strong temptation, but Jaeyoung swallowed and shook his head.
“Um. Isn’t that enough?”
Satan is a little disappointed when he rejected the offer, but mutters as if he knew it. However, he soon sent the cloak back somewhere and asked again with a coy look.
“As expected, if you’re my contractor, there’s no way you’ll be satisfied with this. Then, is there anything you want?”
Jaeyoung pondered for a moment at Satan’s question. What does he want? Now that he had just started playing the game, he didn’t want much. If he wants anything right now…
Jaeyoung, who was seriously thinking about it, suddenly heard a group of party members passing by.
“Hey! Are the slimes hot right now?”
“Suu! As I got stronger, my experience requirement also increased, but the mob regenerating remains the same, the pattern remains the same and there is no other place that has the same hunting efficiency as here.”
A slime with abnormally enhanced abilities. However, the simple behavior patterns for beginners monsters and the horrendous mob regeneration remains the same, so this place was no different from a dream hunting ground for users of appropriate levels.
And as if that fact had spread, parties of users who had leveled up to a certain extent after changing jobs began to gather in the slime habitat one by one to hunt.
“Kwuuuuuuuu!”
Suddenly, it sounded like slimes were crying plaintively from somewhere. And Jaeyoung suddenly asked Satan.
“Could it be possible to strengthen the monsters?”
“Eh? What monster?”
Satan asked with an absurd face as if the request was too different from what he had imagined.
“Slime”
“Slime… ?”
Satan, who was absent-minded for a moment. And he suddenly started laughing maniacally.
“Khehehhehe. Hehehehe. Crazy!”
Satan couldn’t stop laughing for awhile, After calming down a bit he gasped.
“It’s really fun. I don’t know what the situation is, but I think it’s the first time I’ve ever seen a contractor making a wish like you in my life.”
Satan has a genuinely funny look in his eyes. Seeing him like that, Jaeyoung asked again.
“Is it possible?”

“Not impossible. But how much?”

Jaeyoung answered the question without hesitation.
“All of it”
At that, Satan replied with a mischievous smile.
“Contract Established.”
Jaeyoung didn’t know. What will be the result of the deal with Satan now? What a huge incident that will be proudly recorded in the Arcadia Accidents section.
1