Chapter 2
85 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cave is very dry.

A snail slowly crawled on the cave wall, leaving a wet trace in its trail. When she touched its tentacles with her fingers, the snail retracted into its shell and remained motionless.

Yang Zanxing withdrew her hand, looked at the black and empty hole she was in, and sighed silently.

After working overtime for five consecutive days, she was physically exhausted. She bought boxed lunch at the convenience store downstairs and fell asleep before she could even eat it. She woke up in such a strange place, and it was difficult to express her feelings at the moment.

As soon as she opened her eyes, she saw a huge black monster coming out of the water. She instinctively pushed away the girl beside her, before she heard someone call the girl "Yunxin" and perhaps her own name "Miss Yang".

She is just an ordinary working-class woman, and there was no point in calling her 'Miss'.

She didn't know how long she stayed there, until she saw "Zanxing" written on the jade pendant hanging from her waist. Yang Zanxing had a vague guess, perhaps she had traveled through time and space, and transmigrated into a cultivation novel called "The Peak of the Nine Heavens".

Yang Zanxing, wasn't that social, she worked diligently and honestly, with her only hobby being reading online novels. Among them, Golden Finger Cultivation was her favorite. A book with ten to twenty million words could be used to pass a lot of time. In the past few years, she has read about fifty to a hundred cultivation novels. The plot was almost the same, nothing more than "retiring from marriage, slapping faces, wasting wood and cultivating" . She knows all the tricks used in books, but sometimes the authors will tweak a few things and mix up the plot. Why is it so certain that this book is "The Peak of the Nine Heavens"? It may be because of the name "Yang Zanxing".

 "Yang Zanxing" is the name of a female supporting role in"The Peak of the Nine Heavens", with the same surname as her. Unfortunately, this cannon fodder was killed by the male lead's slap within the first seven chapters. From beginning to end, there were no more than three characters of her description, and she was just one of the stepping stones on the road for the male lead to counterattack.

It was just a human tragedy.

If she remembered correctly, in the original plot "Miss Yang" was jealous that Liu Yunxin had won the favor of Wang Shao, her fiance. Taking advantage of Mu Cengxiao's struggle with the demon beast "Hu", she pushed Liu Yunxin into the water to kill her. In order to save Liu Yunxin, his childhood sweetheart, Mu Cengxiao jumped into the water and was drawn into the cave by the demon spirit, obtaining a secret treasure. Breaking through and advancing underwater, he ultimately killed the demon beast and returned to the ground.

The first thing that Mu Cengxiao did when he returned was to kill the "Miss Yang" who had tried to murder Liu Yunxin in front of everyone, thus forming a deadly feud with Wang Shao. And so, "I am the protagonist, I'm going to get revenge and slap faces everywhere" mode was turned on.

Although the plot was cliche, it is also well founded and logically coherent. However, Yang Zanxing, who had just transmigrated, saw the demon beast "Hu", instinctively pushed Liu Yunxin aside, and fell into the water. She was also the unlucky one who was drawn into the cave by the demon spirit.

Yang Zanxing stood up and looked around. It was a very dark cave, with only a gap of light overhead, but it looked too far away. Yang Zanxing yelled twice, but the sound had not yet reached half way when it dissipated without a trace, as if it was a flame that had been snuffed by someone's fingers.

There was no one else around, not even an animal, only a snail huddled in its shell. She plucked the snail off the cave wall and bravely walked forward for a while.

The ground was very soft, and when she picked it up, it was all dry white sand, just like the desert. She clearly fell into the water, but there was not a drop of water in the "underwater" cave. This unscientific thing can only happen in the cultivation world. But... if it goes on like this, she will die of thirst before she finds a way out, right?

How did the male protagonist find the exit after receiving the golden finger? Golden finger... Yes, where's the golden finger?

Yang Zanxing had just thought of this and suddenly felt a pain in her fingertips. She looked down and under the faint light from above, she saw clearly that the flower-shell snail that she held in her palm just now crawled to her fingertip where a dot of blood appeared. 

Bleeding? Yang Zanxing was stunned.

Even if a snail bites a person, it won't bleed, right? What unscientific setting is this?

In the next moment, the ground beneath her feet suddenly shook, and shattered stones began to fall from the cave's walls. Yang Zanxing covered her head and squatted down, trying to find a place to hide. Suddenly, she saw a strange light emanating from her palm, different from the light overhead. The light was so dazzling that it burst in her palm, instantly making her feel as if she had been burned by fire.

The light was from the flower shell snail.

The snail, as big as a fingernail, gradually became blurred and transformed into a transparent pearl, which seemed to have life. The blood flowing from the fingers was sucked into the bead, dyeing the color of the bead little by little in red.

After an unknown amount of time, the vibration beneath her feet stopped and the light dissipated.

Yang Zanxing stood still and looked at the red bead in her palm.

This pearl was the size of an eyeball, ice-cold as if made from glass. At first glance, it looked red, however upon closer inspection, one can see that a cluster of flames was burning inside as if it won't ever extinguish .

Xiao Yuan Pearl... "Zanxing murmured.

Originally, this bead was designated to be the golden finger of the male protagonist Mu Cengxiao. Xiao Yuan Pearl is omnipotent, capable of sensing spiritual treasures, enhancing cultivation, shortening breakthrough time, and replenishing health bars at critical times. It is a necessary artifact to rank high. Because of this bead, Mu Cengxiao, who was believed to be "waste" by others, rose sharply in cultivation before the selection competition of the Taiyan Sect. He went from Qi Refining to Foundation Establishment, and then to the early stages of the Golden Core stage, he took the spotlight in the selection competition, entered the sect and became a disciple of Taiyan sect, completely changing his status "waste"

Now, Liu Yunxin was no longer in danger, the hero who saved the beauty is herself, the one who fell into the water and was drawn into the sand cave by the demon spirit is herself, and the one who gets the Golden Finger, as it should be, has become also herself. 

"So," Yang Zanxing pondered, "Has the plot changed?"

She had just uttered this sentence when the Xiao Yuan Pearl in her hand suddenly turned into a red smoke, and with a "whoosh", flew into her body.

2