Chapter 5
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The water curtain became once again calm.

On the soft sand in the cave, her blood stained the sand, turning it into a deep red color.

Zanxing leaned against the wall, looked at the wound on her hand, and felt unpleasant.

What is more humiliating than going out with full confidence to engage in a big fight, only to be beaten by the monster instead?

She had just been slapped in the face and it was painful. 

In the original novel, Xiao Yuan Pearl could be always used, regardless of time. How come that when it's in her hands it doesn't work? If she hadn't fled desperately back into the cave where the demonic beast couldn't enter, she would have been dead.

But... it shouldn't be like this!

Just now, she had clearly touched the monster's body. It felt like melted cotton candy with a sticky consistency. Her fist did indeed shatter its body, but after those black spots dissipated like ants, they quickly gathered back together.

This guy can't be beaten to death.

No matter how many times she hits the monster with her fists, it will not affect the other party in the slightest. This is way too frustrating.

Zanxing sat down against the cave wall, and tried to recall if there was a description of this monster in the original novel. Most of the story was used to describe the protagonist's cultivation process, to the extent that she didn't even know the weakness of this monster.

Does he really have no weakness?

Zanxing lowered her head and looked at the ground. The wind from the other side of the water curtain shook her shadow slightly.

"Fortunately, I can't see my shadow in the water." Zanxing said to herself. The sand shot out of the monster's mouth can be dodged by humans, but it is a bit difficult to make even your shadow avoid it.

Wait, shadow?

This monster likes to shoot at other people's shadows, does it... have no shadow?

As her mind flashed, Zanxing turned around and stuck her head to the edge, looking out. Underwater, the vague body of the monster could be seen occasionally.

If it were in the past, it would have been difficult to see clearly, but it may be due to the bond with Xiao Yuan Pearl, that she can now see the details clearly. Therefore, she saw a small black shadow like a tail hanging under the monster's body.

This black shadow is different from the rest of the body, it has a darker color and a more condensed appearance. It's not that big, only the size of a palm. It could be easily overlooked at first glance, but one can see the difference by looking carefully. 

"Is this the shadow of 'Hu'?"

If so, this monster is too cunning. Its body looked as faint as a shadow, but the shadow looked unusually firm. The demonic beast "Hu" likes to hide in the water and attack sneakily. If the shadow is the weakness of this demonic beast, I don't know if I can handle it.

"But... " Zanxing looked at her injured hand, "What if this shadow is the same as the body?" Earlier, the moment her hand touched it, it dissipated and then reassembled back. Besides, there is nothing here that can be used as a weapon.

She couldn't just throw sand.

The demonic beast threw sand at her, and she also threw sand back. What is this, elementary school chickens pecking at each other?

However, the sand in the cave is still much better than the black mud spewed out by the monster, at least there is no foul smell, and it looks quite neat and clean. Zanxing squatted on the ground, grabbed a handful of sand, and watched as the sand leaked through her fingers, suddenly thinking of something.

Clearly, the entry to the cave was right in front of him. Although this monster had a large body, it was a mosaic that could grow, shorten and flatten at will. It was not impossible for him to slip through and enter. The cave inside and the water curtain outside are two distinct worlds. At first, she thought the reason was Xiao Yuan Pearl, but if it were like this the monster should have shown at least some fear, but he didn't. If the pearl wasn't the cause, then the reason would only be the gravel inside the cave.

Is it because "Hu" is afraid of these sand particles and doesn't have the courage to come over?

She took a bit of sand in her hands, got close to the crack in the stone, and when the demon beast had passed by, she fiercely threw it towards its small shadow.

Earlier, when she was fighting with the monster, Zanxing noticed that she could see a "qi" emanating from her body, which she could manipulate freely.

At present, this "qi" rushed towards the black shadow with the sand particles and accurately hit the center.

A hoarse and unpleasant scream was heard, accompanied by the fierce tumbling of the monster. The monster fighting in the water stirred up the wind and almost knocked down Zanxing, who was crouching in front of the crack to observe.

She spat, formed a large lump of white sand into a ball and rushed towards the demonic beast that seemed to have gone crazy, throwing the sand ball into its small shadow.

In an instant, a column of water surged up causing a violent underwater vibration.

At the surface, the water was calm and without waves. On the tree, a bird tilted its head to look at the person squatting by the stream.

The little maid crouched by the stream, with her eyes full of tears.

Behind her, the elderly coachman sighed and called out, "Hong Su, come here, it's too dangerous there."

"Miss hasn't come out yet." Hong Su said, using her hand to wipe her eyes. "I can't go"

"Miss won't come out anymore." said the coachmen with a worried expression. "It's been six days now, even if she hasn't been killed by the monster, it's already…."

It's impossible for humans to survive 6 days underwater. The Wang family's carriage has already left, and only the two Yang family servants are still stubbornly guarding the stream with hope that she'll come out, but everyone knows that's impossible.

Hong Su couldn't help but cover her face and burst into tears, "Miss... Miss is gone"

Just as she was crying and weeping, a familiar voice rang out.

"Sorry, that…"

Hong Su was stunned for a moment, put down her hand and saw the girl in green looking at her strangely. Her dress was stained with large chunks of black mud which were emitting a fishy smell. A ray of sunlight fell on her, lightening her bright eyes, the corners of her mouth were slightly raised as if she was confused and concerned.

She said, "You're sitting so close to the water, aren't you afraid of being caught by monsters?"

2