Chapter 2: A dream?
265 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"It's not that bad, everything is still the same" Jack said to himself as he observed that nothing seemed to happen to his body.

Once Jack was done with his attempts to spit out the fruit, he decided to forget about it and set off for dry land.

But then Jack Sparrow discovered a strange sensation throughout his body.

At first, he ignored it and went to the helmsman, but a few moments after grabbing the damaged and splintered helms, Jack felt something strange in his hand.

It was then that Jack noted his hand covered in water, or rather it actually was water.

"Aye, what just happened?"

He watched that his water hand was completely ignoring the helmsman's splinters.

"Is this a dream, Hmm no, it's not, if it was it would have rum".

Jack noticed that he could still feel his hand perfectly even though it was water.

He could feel every movement of his fingers even though they were now water and even felt he could reform them to his desire.

"That is interesting," said Jack raising his water hand to admire it as he moved it.

He began to try some strange ideas.

First, he thought of lengthening his water fingers and succeeded.

Then, when he got more confident he started to do more daring things, transforming his hand into a water sword, a gun, and other things.

All this while he felt and watched his water hand being modified and reshaped at his whim.

"Aye, it's addictive. It feels even stranger than being a skeleton" thought Jack as he continued to play with his water hand, creating different shapes.

Jack Sparrow felt the same sensation he had in his hand, also running through his entire body.

But for some reason the rest of his body was the same as always, there was no water part.

Thinking of a risky idea, Jack pulled this feeling he had all over his body and tried to do the same as he did with his hand.

Instantly, Jack's whole body turned to water at an extremely fast speed, his body was completely made of water and he could still feel it perfectly.

His legs, his arms, his head, even his crotch.

It was most appropriately described as unique and incredibly unusual.

Even the Aztec curse fell short of strange when compared to becoming a "water man".

For some reason, he could now liquidize and solidify any part of his body at his will, from the hair on his head to his skin and muscles.

But Jack had already seen a lot of very crazy things in his life, so he didn't think too much about it and instead preferred to get himself a good name.

"Captain Jack Sparrow, the Waterman, Hmm, that doesn't sound nice at all," he said to himself in disgust.

"The Water Invincible Captain Jack Sparrow, Hmm no, that doesn't sound nice either," he said to himself again in frustration as he shook his head and kept thinking.

After some time debating with himself what name he could give himself from now on.

Jack Sparrow gave up when he couldn't find a name he liked and decided to continue sailing for the time being.

But the truth was that he needed at least a few drops of rum urgently, so his priority was to find dry land where he could get it.

Grabbing his compass, Jack set sail with the Pearl.

...

After sailing for quite a while to where his compass was telling him to go, Jack finally saw land in the distance.

"Coast in sight, finally," he said as he watched an island in the distance with his little golden spyglass.

But when Jack was close enough to the island to see its structure he was stunned.

"Shiver me timbers! What's that?" wondered Jack as he saw the huge island.

"Aye, that's new, a huge island surrounded by a huge wall with a giant water fountain shape and canals around it, along with an equally gigantic city with water streets, no place I've ever known had such a structure."

In the center of the huge water fountain-shaped island, Jack came to see a station that said "Blue Station".

"Well... I guess I've seen it all now" said Jack laughing sarcastically.

'But what the hell are those numbers on the wall for and where's the port?' he wondered again as he looked more closely in search of the port.

"Hey, you!" someone was shouting in English to him.

Jack looked to the source of the voice and he found a man on a raft.

"Pirates are not supposed to enter through the front door, go through the back alley over there!" the man shouted back pointing to the alley.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me, gentleman, what is the name of this island?" asked Jack now calmer due to meeting someone who spoke english.

The man seemed to look at Jack as if he was stupid, but answered him anyway:

"You are in Water 7 the Water Capital and the city of Paradise most renowned for its carpenters."

'Water 7?... Water Capital? Paradise? well, let me think about it, no, it doesn't sound familiar, where the hell am I and why does he look at me like I'm an idiot for not knowing?'

"Thank you, my friend" Jack thanked nonchalantly and entered the alleyway the man indicated without asking any more questions.

He had decided to find out once he was already inside the strange city.

It was normal for the man to see it that way, after all, anyone who navigates the first half of the Grand Line should know this place.

And there is no one who has ventured into the New World who has not heard of Water 7.

When Jack Sparrow entered the city he was again surprised.

The city resembles a giant volcano-shaped fountain because of the graded system of house construction.

"Oh, unbelievable, the whole city is on water... I really wonder if all this is not a dream..." said Jack to himself looking at the streets formed by large water channels and seeing if he saw rum by chance or if the water suddenly turned into rum as would be his ideal dream.

"No, it's definitely not a dream" seeing that nothing was happening, Jack repeated to himself again that he wasn't dreaming despite the incredible view in front of his eyes.

'How the hell did they build this and who built it?'

"Aye, maybe Serenissima Repùblega de Venèsia, Hmm no, their canals are natural, these are not, here they built the foundations of the city underwater, so strange and unique, how is it that I never heard of this place?"

The architecture was very colorful, most of the houses had a tan or peach color for the walls and roofs, which many times are red and semi-circular; Almost all of the roofs are red and textured.

The houses were in tiers to allow more houses to occupy space.

Some canals are wide enough for boats, but mostly Jack saw that they are just to allow some boats to enter the city so they could dock somewhere.

Jack looked for a place where he could leave the Pearl moored and then disembark.

"Water Capital, it fits the name' thought Jack contemplating the massive city.

All of its streets were located underwater with waterways and canals that were used for transportation like roads and often surrounded by sidewalks on the canals that had different businesses and structures that Jack had never seen before.

Then he was surprised again to see strange creatures resembling huge seahorses attached to the boats.

"Aye, I'm not still in the domain of David Jones and I'm crazy already," said Jack looking strangely at the creatures and the citizens who seemed to use them to navigate the city.

He even saw some stores where they rented these creatures apparently.

"Bull rental store..." read Jack.

They rented "bulls" of various sizes.

Shaking his head, Jack moved on to mooring the Pearl in a secluded, hidden spot in precaution that someone might think of stealing it, but in the state, the ship was currently in, he doubted it.

It required several repairs.

After coming ashore, Jack went to this strange creature store to find out more about the situation he was in.

17