Chapter 3.2
2.2k 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RFF - Chapter Three (Part 2)

RFF - Summary of Chapter Three (Part 2)

Outside the Tao Manor, Tao Fang Ao (TFA) was pacing back and forth.

The guards were curious who TFA was waiting for, because it was the first time TFA waited for someone.

The guards didn't need to wait long to see their suspicions confirmed, TFA was waiting for Tao Tu Yun (TTY).

TTY and Su Wu (SW) ran toward TFA.

'TFA, I'm sorry I made you wait,' TTY said.

'Let's go,' TFA said and held TTY's hand.

'Wait,' Li Tai Fang (LTF) said.

'TFA, why are favoring TTY?' LTF asked. 'I'm your future wife. You should take me sightseeing instead of taking TTY.'

'Everyone's hearts know who TFA's real fiance is,' SW said. 'Besides, TFA likes my mistress, not you.'

'You're only a maid,' LTF said. 'You have no right to speak.'

LTF raised her hand to slap SW. TTY stood in front of SW to protect SW, and LTF's hand changed direction to slap TTY.

'Stop!' TFA said and grabbed LTF's arm to stop LTF from slapping TTY.

'TFA...' LTF called.

LTF's arm felt like it was going to break in half, but TFA's glare was scarier.

'If I see you hit anyone, I won't spare you,' TFA warned.

TFA heard from his servants that LTF dared to hit his servants. If LTF dared to hit his fiance in front of him, it meant LTF behaved worse behind his back.

TFA let go of LTF. LTF stumbled back and Feng Yu (FY) caught LTF.

'If you want to come with us then follow us,' TFA said coldly.

TFA held TTY's hand and they walked together to the markets.

LTF followed behind TTY and TFA. LTF glared at TTY's back, and LTF vowed to take revenge on TTY.

TFA took TTY to eat at a restaurant in one of his family's inns.

The restaurant was a popular restaurant in the city. The customers who were waiting for a vacant table didn't complain when one man and four women got a table before them, because TFA's family owned the inn.

The customers were curious to see TTY and LTF. They speculated about who was TFA's real fiance and who was TFA's fake fiance.

The inn caretaker escorted TFA and his guests to the best table on the third floor.

TTY wanted to sit on the seat furthest away from TFA and LTF.

'TY, sit on my right,' TFA said affectionately.

TTY felt awkward sitting closely next to TFA.

LTF glared at TTY and LTF chose to sit on TFA's left side.

A banquet of elaborate dishes were brought to TFA's table like seafood congee, grilled chicken, beef and pork.

'TY, taste the restaurant's most popular dishes,' TFA said.

TFA put vegetables in his bowl, and TTF put grilled beef in her bowl.

'SW, come sit next to me and eat,' TTF said.

'Mistress, am I allowed to sit and eat with you?' SW asked.

'A maid should know her place,' LTF said. 'Isn't that right FY?'

'Yes, mistress,' FY said and looked at the delicious food on the table enviously.

FY also envied TTF and SW's close friendship unlike hers and LTF's mistress and maid relationship.

'A maid is a person too,' TTF said. 'LTF, you shouldn't belittle another person. I grew up with SW. In my eyes SW is my sister. FY served you for years. I don't believe in your eyes FY is only a maid.'

'Stay out of my relationship with my maid,' LTF warned.

LTF wasn't going to give TTY a chance to act like a mistress with a generous heart in front of TFA.

'You're right,' TTY said. 'I have no right to interfere in your relationship with FY so you have no right to interfere in my relationship with SW. TFA, can SW sit next to me at the table and eat together with us?'

TFA saw that TTY didn't want to fight with LTF. He ate a piece of grilled beef and granted TTY's request.

'Yes, SW can sit and eat with us,' TFA said.

SW happily sat next to TTY, and TTY put a piece of grilled beef into SW's bowl.

FY was envious SW had a good mistress like TTY who treated SW like a sister.

Later that day TFA escorted the women back to the Tao Manor, Tao Fang Ling (TFL) was waiting for him outside his bedchamber.

'Big brother, why do you want to see me?' TFA asked.

'Nothing important,' TFL said. 'I couldn't find you in your calligraphy room. The guards informed me that you took your two fiances to eat outside.'

'Big brother, confess,' TFA said. 'Did your wife send you here to confirm or deny rumors?'

TFL laughed helplessly and he didn't deny TFA's assumption.

'The truth is I'm curious about your two fiances too,' TFL said. 'Have you found out who's your real fiance and who's your fake fiance yet?'

'Nothing confirmed yet,' TFA said. 'Big brother, you know it's not important to me who's my real fiance and who's a fake.'

The Tao brothers exchanged a smile with each other. Like TFA, TFL didn't care about their father's arranged marriages for them. Luo Bing Liang (LBL) wasn't TFL's fiance, but TFL was adamant about marrying LBL because TFL loved LBL.

The four Tao siblings didn't care about outsiders seeing them as unfilial and not honoring their father's wishes. It didn't matter who their father gave the jade bracelets to, because the four Tao siblings would only marry for love.

***

End of Chapter Three (Part 2) summary

3