The presentation
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the morning rain slowly receded, I woke up to a dimly lit corridor, the faint blue light indicating that dawn was breaking. It was only 5 in the morning, and I felt so tired. I walked slowly through the dark corridor until I reached the kitchen. Pouring water into a small glass, I searched for my medication, but it wasn't where I thought it would be. A familiar note above the counter caught my eye, "Dr. Sujeong said that you forget where you put your medicine. Remember, it's never on the counter below, Eun Hyuk!" Right, I thought, it must be in the drawer next to me.

 

After taking my medication, I headed to the bathroom for a cold shower to wake me up fully. The chilly water sent shivers down my spine, but it helped me shake off the last remnants of sleep. As I stepped out of the bathroom, the cold wind hit me, and I hurriedly dressed in simple attire compared to other executives. I combed my hair and gave it a slight tousle before spritzing some cologne, a little indulgence that sometimes drew too much attention.

 

Tae Yang, my assistant, arrived, and we set off for the company together.

 

Lately, our company, Hwa Yang, had been actively discussing a highly valued piece of land. The renowned architect, Mr. Dakho Kim from the Seoul Architecture and Sustainable Development Committee (SASDC), had designed plans for a large residential condominium. He carefully selected reputable construction companies to compete for the project, and Hwa Yang was among them. The competition for Mr. Dak Ho's project created an atmosphere of excitement and nervousness within the company.

 

Tae Yang seemed particularly anxious, fully aware of how this project could elevate the company's prestige in the construction market. "Mr. Eun Hyuk, I'm really excited about this opportunity! Participating in Mr. Dak Ho's project competition is a major achievement for us, don't you think?" he said.

 

I agreed, "Yes, it's an incredible opportunity for us to showcase our capabilities. Mr. Dak Ho is a renowned architect, and his handpicked selection of participating companies means we have great potential."

 

As we arrived at the company, the atmosphere was electric. Other executives and team members were bustling with excitement, discussing plans and strategies for the project presentation. I gathered my team in the meeting room to share ideas and review all the details of our proposal. During the meeting, I encouraged everyone to give their best and emphasized the importance of working together as a cohesive team. "This is a crucial moment for Hwa Yang. Let's show the committee that we can turn Mr. Dak Ho Kim's project into reality. Each of you has a vital role to play in this process, and I believe that together, we can win this competition."

 

In the days leading up to the presentation, our team worked tirelessly to perfect the project and prepare the best proposal possible. Tae Yang and I reviewed every detail, fine-tuning the strengths and addressing any potential weaknesses in the project.

 

Finally, the day of our presentation arrived, and we headed to the SASDC building early. The company's meeting room was immaculately arranged, with our logo projected on the screen. Everyone settled into their seats, and a gentle glow from the lamps created a warm and welcoming atmosphere, perfect for the occasion. Nerves took over me and the team, my heart felt like it was about to leap out of my chest as I prepared to showcase Hwa Yang's vision for the residential condominium.

 

I looked at our team with determination before beginning. Tae Yang was by my side, ready to assist me whenever needed. With a touch of emotion in my voice, I started describing Hwa Yang's vision for the project. "We appreciate the opportunity to be here today and present our proposal for Mr. Dak Ho Kim's project. At every step of this process, our team has worked with dedication and passion to create something truly special."

 

Moving to the next slide, I displayed a stunning image of the project. "As a company committed to excellence in construction and sustainable development, our proposal is built on three fundamental pillars: innovation, community, and connection with nature." I elaborated on the details of each pillar, highlighting how the project was designed to optimize the use of natural resources, such as solar energy and rainwater harvesting. I also presented communal living spaces, green areas, and recreational spaces that would create a welcoming atmosphere for future residents.

 

The room was alive with positive energy as I spoke. The team was attentive, and I sensed their pride and confidence radiating beneath me. The words flowed naturally, and I felt increasingly connected to the project we were helping to create. As the presentation continued, I described our collaborative approach, emphasizing how we worked together with experts, engineers, and architects to refine the proposal. I highlighted the culture of partnership and mutual respect that permeated the company.

 

As the presentation concluded, applause erupted in the room. Our team exchanged looks of satisfaction and gratitude. Mr. Dak Ho praised the team for their unique vision and well-structured presentation, and I bowed, expressing my gratitude as the representative of Hwa Yang. "Congratulations to all of you," he said with a smile. "It was a memorable presentation, and you certainly have an attractive proposal in hand."

 

I felt a mixture of relief and excitement, knowing that the final decision would still be made by the committee. However, I believed that we had left a lasting impression.

 

"Whatever will be, will be" Tae Yang began, "Don't be so anxious, Mr. Eun Hyuk. Let us handle that. I'll take you home, it's already late."

0