Undo
404 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[3rd POV : Tsukimi]

"I've been hearing reports about your casino slowing down operations. Care to explain, President of the Second Affiliate?" 

A man around the age of 30 sat opposite the girl in her office. His tone was harsh and held a certain angry edge to them.

The girl, Tsukimi on the other hand stoically looked at one of their main investors. It was truly tragic that she didn't have much dirt on him that he could stride into her office and demand answers to these questions.

Nevertheless, it was nothing she couldn't handle.

"Indeed. We've deliberately scaled back operations in anticipation of the upcoming UFC title match to be held in our city." She said with a measured tone while her red eyes stared right at his eyes.

"So, you're sacrificing business for a sporting event? That's preposterous!.  We can't have you disrupting the local economy."

"The local economy? You mean the money flowing in your pockets?" Tsukimi asked sharply.

Although she looked focused, her mind was not totally present at the moment. It was occupied by something more important.

"You know exactly what I mean."

"It's a strategic decision to capitalize on the influx of visitors for the event. We're reallocating resources to ensure our casino does not stand out during this high-profile occasion."

"That's a flimsy excuse." Indeed it was, she mused. "I want my money 'Miss' President."

"No need to get worked up Mr King-Min. I've merely chosen to take a cautious approach. It's about safeguarding our interests. You don't kill the duck that lays golden eggs, you have to be patient." She said offhandedly, resting her chin in her hand.

The men all but growled at her. 

"If I couldn't get my money then..." His eyes travelled up and down her body. "I expect to be compensated in some other way."

Maybe it was because Yuito was in Seoul but she felt herself visibly recoiling back and fixing her blazer.

"There is no agreement or contract that specifies that I own you a certain financial threshold. You should be glad you even got as much all this time." She said but the man continued leering.

Annoying.

Why was this the only thing men thought about or wanted from her? 

Although she had used this as an advantage to climb to the top as she did, she sometimes wondered how it would brle like to not always be objectified.

"It was nice to meet you. You may leave." She said bluntly with a barely hidden scrowl.

The man clicked his tongue, "Just know that you're skating on thin ice. Deliberately impeding business operations is a breach of trust."

"You don't have to worry about me, all of my moves are calculated." She said and pointed at the door, "And there's the exit."

The man huffed and went out of her office. Nomen was about to enter and ask her if she was alright but a quick look made him think twice and he closed the door.

"Haaaa..." She let out a sigh and leaned back on her chair.

She stared at the ceiling blankly for a long time. Her mind worked and her thoughts spiraled out as she contemplated about the news she had heard recently. It was what was on her mind even when she was in the middle of wroking.

She rubbed her eyes and she felt like things would surely get out of hand.

Yuito.

"What are you doing in the third Affiliate?" She asked out loud.

Does it even matter that she was trying to lay low and make everything peaceful if he was going to go right to the enemy's nest?

She couldn't for the life of her, come up with a reason why he was involved with them.

The third Affiliate was dangerous. They were said to be part of the Workers on contract but their true loyalty lies with the Chinese Billionaire. 

If trouble stirred up there, she didn't know if she would be able to intervene.

If he really found himself in trouble, it would prove to be dangerous and problematic as he would make an enemy with the Chinese Billionaire with international influence. Not just the Workers who operated in Korea.

She couldn't help but worry.

.

.

.

"But why do I even care."

That was the question, wasn't it?

Was she so pathetic that she would never truly get over him and stay obsessed like some psychotic ex in those movies?

Was she hoping that this would be some kind of redemption for her and if she kept loving him, he would eventually take her back?

A foolish dream.

When will it end?

It has been 2 years already. She thought wounds heal and scar, why did hers feel fresh?

She got up from her seat and walked out of her office. She simply put her hand up and stopped any guards from following her as she got in the elevator.

The Second Affiliate was also the place where she lives so she quickly reached the top floor and went to her room to change her clothes.

Yuito.

She had grown much in this past 2 years. Logically, that was to be expected in her line of business where she delt with gangs and evil politicians on a daily basis.

Korea was a cruel place.

She had gotten much-needed time to truly look at herself and her mental state. And it did not take a genius to figure out that she was mentally ill.

Or a problem at least

Maybe it has something to do with her abusive parents and her controlled childhood. Perhaps it was the bullying? Or the lustful attention of males she received from a young age?

Growing up in such an environment was sure to be traumatic. 

Her parents controlled what she wore, what she watched and how she behaved. If she was not the perfect little girl, then she would be beaten. At school, she was bullied due to her body which was maturing quicker than her peers. And every man she encounters seems to eye her like a piece of meat even if she did not understand it back then.

The only thing she knew was that her world was burning and she was drowning at the same time. Everything was wrong.

But then he appeared. 

He taught her how to find warmth in her burning world, he taught her how to swim when she used to drown. He made everything right.

Yuito Fujita.

He was a bright beacon that embodied her happiness and hope in life. He was everything that was good in this world.

When a person is at the lowest point in their life, they search for something grander than themselves. A being or an idea which they could rely on, their stronghold in the stormy ocean called life.

These people found their stronghold in the form of religion. She found it in the form of a purple-haired boy.

A perfection. One that wasn't wrong like the world or themselves.

A God.

That was basically how she saw him when thinking back on it. A boy so secure with himself that nothing in the world seems to be able to harm him.

He was unnaturally mature beyond his age, and he cared for her. He provided the security and affection that she could never find anywhere else.

Thinking back on it, he was a rather strange kid. He had the body of a kid but the presence of a grown up. 

Maybe that's why Tsukimi almost saw him as a guardian. Parents were said to be God in the eyes of their children, so that was what he was to her.

He had such a huge impact on her life that when she made a mistake and ruined everything, she didn't know what else to do. It would be better to say that she did not even know how to live.

She was kicked out of her stronghold and left to bear the stormy ocean called life.

What? What was she suppose to do when her security and hope suddenly vanished like that.

Everything that was right in this world was gone. Leaving a broken world where everything was wrong. She drowned again, she burned again.

...

"Don't let anyone in." She said to the guard outside as she entered the gym. 

She recalled how Yuito first taught her to exercising so that she could lose weight. It was he, who introduced her to the gym.

Since then, it has become a fond activity for her.

...

Everyone, at one point in their life, experiences a breakup. Or the loss of someone they love with all their heart.

Cheating was not an uncommon thing. People cheat on each other all the time whether intentional or accidental due to circumstances and the influence of substances.

Sometimes, that was the end, sometimes they reconcile and get back together again. Couples break up, husband and wife divorceed. It was a normal part of life.

So why was it such a big thing for her? Why must she suffer till today even though she did not go all the way to committing a mistake? Even though there were things she couldn't control or ask for.

Why must she continue to hurt herself like this?

What was it again that her therapist said her issue was? Apparently, there was a medical term for her situation.

Trauma bonding. Yeah, that was the term her therapist had given to her situation and supposed obsession. 

A situation that often happens to children growing up in abusive households or experiencing trauma. They put all of their affection into one thing - it could be a sport or a person - and it is through this that they seek validation and affection. It was a way to cope with their pain and sadness.

She just can't forget about him.

Not now, not ever.

She tried to busy herself with work, she tried to forget about him by setting other life goals. Even when other men express their love to her, she can't stop thinking about him.

All roads lead to him. 

She is in too deep now.

Two years was reduced to two seconds. Her love remained the same. Her heart clings to him even if it hurts.

...

She let out ragged breaths as she just finished doing Romanian deadlifts with a respectable weight for her body.

She wiped away her sweat and looked at her reflection in the mirror. 

"It's fine."

At least she can involve herself in his life through his many social media platforms. The fact that he was a global star now was a blessing for her.

And maybe this was a hopeful wish on her part, but she thinks there would eventually be a time when she could return to him again.

.
.

She figured it out.

That's why she was doing all of this. 

Helping him in whatever she can, caring and loving him from a distance, Rejecting any love from other men and making sure no one else could have a way with her body. 

And even her ongoing revenge against Gun. The need to get revenge.

She was doing all this almost subconsciously. And she would continue until she was worthy enough again, at least in her mind.

After her good deeds outweigh the bad, and after she was sure that she wouldn't hurt him again.

After she was satisfied with the punishment she got for betraying his trust.

She was doing all of these so that someday..

She would she be able to walk up to him unashamed, like he did in the restaurant.

Say hi, it's been a long time.

Look him in the eyes, unhurt. 

And then fix the broken.

Or at least try to...

Undo the ruin.

.
.

[Image]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author : Did I cook? 🔥🔥🗣️🗣️

16