side: Nameless junior witch, second report
49 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

following content has been edited and posted with the help of poltergeist Wilhelm.

All modifications to the text have been delineated with square brackets.

Hello again, everybody! It's me, [undeserving of a name]!

I am not sure how many of you reached out to help me, but thanks to anybody who did!

And to those who didn't... It's your choice and I know you probably just don't know me and don't take this seriously, but this is a real life on the line here...

I'm not telling you have to, but it would be very nice of you to do it!

I'd be very thankful!

But I was told to write a report about my days at the coven here, so let's get to it~!

I have decided to approach my predicament seriously!

I very much hope that this is all a big misunderstanding or a prank, so I hope I won't hurt anybody's feelings when I choose to treat it as real!

So, miss [Sabrina], please don't hate me if it's all a big misunderstanding!

In any case, I have cut down on trivial uses of magic today. I tried to completely eliminate it, but several times I did it unconsciously, before as much as thinking about it.

I promise that I will stop doing it completely as soon as possible!

Also, since I have decided to treat the great witch's warning in her blog as real, I have spent the entire day mulling over what to do.

I only know that there is some kind of conspiracy against me at play, and I know it is miss [Sabrina] who is the culprit.

I would talk to another senior witch or I would talk to miss [Sabrina] herself about it face to face, but with only this much to go on, I can't.

Ah, if only the great witch was present!

But I reflected on where the traps may lay, and I have decided to consult with my fellow junior witches during lunch break!

I do not believe that miss [Sabrina] would be able to bring everyone under her influence, otherwise she would not need plot against me, and the junior witches I have consulted were subordinate to other senior witches in our office.

Since I talked with several of them, I am fairly certain my findings are not fake!

The questions I asked were rather innocent and concerned with trivial usage of magic in the office and at home, their typical jobs and customers, how they became witches and where and how to learn further knowledge on witchcraft and so on.

Most of the answers were the same as I knew them, but there were a few surprises:

1) it was universally considered a bad practice to use magic for trivial purposes and, although not [iilegal], it's greatly frowned upon.

I personally was never taught that.

2) other junior witches can't help but use magic for trivial purposes at home for some innocent indulgences, but they do it with a lot more responsibly than me.

I've always had about the same attitude towards it as to eating snacks. I promise to change though!

3) when asked about senior witches flying on brooms all the time, prolonging their youth and doing other miracles, they said that for the seniors it's free because they have [supernatural powers] that belong solely to them. Having [supernatural powers] is a major element in distinguishing senior from juniors, along with some other requirements.

I never even knew you could have your own [supernatural powers], I thought you simply [traded for favours]!

4) the way to grow for junior witches is learning more [lore], so that we can [receive and service a larger variety of customers and deals] and the primary place to do it is in the [office library]

Which always felt like it was implied but it was still nice to know it was true regardless!

I will still check the [office library] with another junior witch to crossreference my knowledge sometime soon. I would've liked to do it immediately, but in the current busy atmosphere it is hard to convince anyone!

I kept thinking about what kind of conspiracy is aimed at me, and here is what I think:

1) miss [Sabrina] would definitely not aim for anything I know I possess in the material world.

She already has more than any rich man on Earth could dream of.

2) miss [Sabrina] conspiracy is aimed solely at me. In other words, miss [Sabrina] would not use me to take the blame for some of her own poor dealings which would implicate the coven.

The great witch would never knowingly tolerate such plans because it would besmirch her and the coven.

And, also, I do not work alone on projects, thus the great witch would not single me out when talking about the conspiracy. I hope.

3) miss [Sabrina] definitely has a final goal.

I cannot imagine her wasting her precious time during such a busy period just to have sadistic fun.

Unless she and the great witch are pranking me! That would not take much time at all!

That means that

1) miss [Sabrina] covets something that I have in the immaterial realm, such as my soul or my life.

The word "covet" is not exactly right. But her plans, at least, concern something immaterial about me.

2) miss [Sabrina] cannot force me to give it to her.

Otherwise she would make her intentions clear. Whether she is bound by some kind of rule, or if she doesn't have the ability to do it, she has to secretely scheme for it.

This is all I am very certain about. I have conjectures I am not sure enough to share though.

2