Chapter 32-To the Barracks
93 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Pictures of the princess and Sako (at last) are below. Kiyomi's picture has yet to come.

76b81eea4886424489db7e88d7e725e5.png?ex=661b1e48&is=6608a948&hm=b96c91ccd6e7c21ff7d0825861aa86d9f6974c5121962c6aebfaa22a1de21f9d&=girl ((hd)) ((best quality)) ((Perfect face)) mast

Sako slowly opened her eyes and sat up in bed.

The wonderful sun came in through the window and lit up the room, making it all nice and happy! Happy, happy, happyyyyy! Today would be a great day!

She couldn’t wait to get started! Great sleep, nice, warm bed with lots of space! Comfy pillow! She was tempted to go back to sleep and sleep away the day!

She couldn’t help but smile, stretching her arms up to the ceiling. “Aaahhh!”

Luna was sitting upright in a corner of the room on the floor where the sun couldn’t reach. Feet cocked up as she hugged them. A face with a dead expression. Bloodshot eyes with bags under them, looking right at Sako. Her pink hair was ruffled. Those eyes were thick with envy and bitterness. “Fuck off,” she mumbled.

“Well, good morning to you too, sweetheart!” she replied.

Luna’s eye twitched.

Sako frowned. “Did you sleep well?”

Luna didn’t reply.

“Oh, I guess you didn’t, did you? That’s a shame. I wish I could’ve done something about it for you. Maybe that goodnight kiss on your forehead would’ve helped. Oh well.” She shrugged. It sure sucked to be Luna right now. Sako was having a blast! She was full of pent-up energy!

Last night, Luna had tried sleeping in Sako’s bed with her and had asked for a goodnight kiss, but Sako then threatened her with a chair again, so Luna gave in and decided to sleep on the floor in a far corner of the room as far away from Sako as possible. Not once had Luna complained about the cold and discomfort while Sako was under a warm blanket in a soft bed.

The princess had been kind enough to get Sako a room in the palace for however long she needed one, since she had been a great help in the invasion. Luna had simply tagged along because she had nothing better to do with her time apparently.

Sako would begin the quest today. She and the princess had talked about it in detail. It’s probably a good idea to sort out my gear and inventory first though. And then do her skill points.

It all took a while. And a lot of thinking.

She went to the Adventurers’ Guild in Luthyia after getting Kiyomi’s help. And when she was done, she would text Kiyomi to teleport her back to the capital. Elora wasn’t at the counter, but there was a service bell on it.

She tapped it.

DINGGGGG…

Elora showed up in a dull, blue flame, yawning with a hand over her mouth.

“Can you—?”

“Yes, I’ll buy your cores and whatever else you have.” Another yawn, long and soft.

“How—”

“Your friend was here earlier, so I figured you are here for the same thing. Can we hurry up? I want to go back to sleep.”

Sako handed her a box with her cores and unwanted gear.

Elora took them and tossed them carelessly into a nearby portal. She nodded and mumbled, “Guild awards 6 mil gold.”

Ping.

The gold in her inventory went up to about 16 million. Before she could say thanks, Elora, barely with energy, said, “Have nice day” and disappeared in her blue flame.

~~~

Sako sat on the floor, her back leaned against the bed while Luna was sleeping on the bed on her stomach. She had stolen the bed during the time Sako had been at the Guild.

Now to distribute her skill points.

She opened her interface and paused, not understanding any of it. I’m a Light Wizard, so where do these points go? Not a clue. She messaged Kiyomi.

Sako: Hey, Ki, can you help me with my stat points?

Kiyomi: yeah examine me then copy my stats

That was a good idea. She did just that.

20 minutes later.

There! Done! Her stats were almost identical to Kiyomi’s. The only difference was that Sako was 4 levels above her, so she had a bit more to spend. But she used her discretion and added them to strength. Strength was okay for a wizard… right? Well, it didn’t matter. She would likely change her class soon anyway.

Next, she looked at Kiyomi’s gear to know what to equip and which stats to look for.

Done.

A knock sounded at the door.

“Yes, it’s open,” Sako answered.

A little girl came in, dressed in a white and purple dress with a purple rose on the side of her head. Some leaf blades stuck out of it. Her hair was also covered in a white headband made of cloth. Her dress exposed her shoulders, giving her a little allure and charm. But her pouting ruined her divine appearance. “So, Lamentine’s planning on another attack today, this time with its own soldiers. Get your ass ready.”

It took a while for Sako to recognize Princess Vanescka in that outfit. She looked so neat and civilized for once. “Why do you look like that?”

“Daddy forced me to wear this crap,” she grumbled.

Sako giggled.

“What.”

“You look nice!”

“Whatever. Just be with the guards and do what you can.”

Sako nodded, following her out of the room, down the hallway, and then down the stairs to the front double doors. Luna wouldn’t be of any help, so she would leave her to sleep away.

Ping. A message.

She opened her interface.

Kiyomi: do u know anyone with electric spells

Sako: I could ask Kondor?

Kiyomi: fine

Sako messaged Kondor.

Sako: Hi, Kondor! Do you have any electric spells? Kiyomi needs someone with some of those.

Kondor: Hi! Sorry, I don’t have any electric spells. But I know someone who does.

Sako: Great! Can you send me their name, please? I’ll send it to Kiyomi.

Kondor: Sure. His name’s Razor Edge.

Sako: Whoa! That’s his name?!

Kondor: Not his real name. He changed it with gold. Pretty expensive though.

Sako: Oh. Well, thanks!

Kondor: No problem. How’s Kiyomi?

Sako: She’s off grinding.

Kondor: Oh! Tell her I said hi!

Sako: Will do! See ya!

Kondor: 👋

Sako went back to Kiyomi.

Sako: I got a name from Kondor: Razor Edge. He also said to tell you hi.

Kiyomi: cool, ty

When Sako looked up from her screen, she realized the princess was way ahead of her. She had to jog to catch up. “Where are we going?”

“To the barracks,” Princess Vanescka replied. “Follow Chelsea’s lead.”

Once they made it past the courtyard through the gates and reached the barracks, Chelsea caught sight of the two. She froze, puzzled. “Hi, little girl, are you lost?”

“I’m not lost, damnit!”

“Actually, it’s Princess Vanescka,” Sako said.

“What?! But she’s so neat and civilized!”

“Are you saying I can’t be ‘neat and civilized’?”

“Eh… well… So, what brings you here, princess?” Chelsea forced a smile.

“Don’t just change the topic. Ugh. I just wanted to bring Sako to you since she didn’t know where the barracks were. There. You can handle the rest. Do your job.” Princess Vanescka turned away.

Chelsea saluted her. “Right.”

The princess walked back to the palace.

“So, what’s the plan?” Sako asked.

“I’ll tell you in a bit,” Chelsea replied.

3