Chapter 34-Young Luna, I
90 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luna was sitting up in bed, back rested against the wall. That bitch Kiyomi. Luna’s failure had started when she had shown up and ruined her and Sako’s intimate moment at the inn. There was no doubt in her mind now: they weren’t ordinary. Just the other day, they were Level 5s, and now, they were over Level 200? And Kiyomi was very clever. That hit with the fire extinguisher had been well calculated. She had appeared exactly in her blind spot.

She was a difficult opponent. And although she wasn’t here at the palace now, what was to say that she couldn’t pop in at any time?

Luna was lost. She didn’t know where her Sako had run off to. She just fucking left me here. What the fuck am I supposed to do now? Luna needed someone to beat senseless so she could calm her nerves. Maybe strangle or stab them to death. But sadly, there wasn’t anyone around.

The princess would be a perfect target, especially with her low level and stats… except her skills scared the living shit out of Luna. It was best to find another target and not piss her off.

I should get my levels up. A Level 3 Water Wizard won’t cut it. Gaining levels would make it much easier to have her way with people. But she couldn’t levels nearly as fast as those two. They were insane. She needed a cheat or something.

There’s no way in fucking hell I’m staying as a side character either. I’ll take the stage by storm. Eventually.

She missed her Sako’s twisted face. I need to see it again. And the smell of her fresh blood. She wanted to lick it all up—to savor the taste in her mouth.

Back in her school days, she used to beat up her bullies. She had sent them to the hospital. And once they had gotten out, she sent them back. Again and again. It all had felt so good, especially when she would drag the girl bullies off to a private room. She had gotten kicked out of a few schools, but she made it back in. Her parents had been wealthy, so they threw lots of it at the schools. With each entry, she had grown more violent and could never fully satisfy herself with the girls in the girls’ bathrooms. Killing had never been allowed. Such bullshit. The most she had been able to do was knock them unconscious, and then she could do almost anything she wanted to the bodies.

Mom and Dad had been so busy working overseas, so they hardly knew anything. Whenever they had come home, they only stayed a few days, and during those days, Luna acted normally, which dispelled any suspicions, if they had any. Though eventually, they had caught on, and Luna couldn’t cover it all up. They had sent her to 11 therapists. Waste of time and money. Nothing had worked.

Duct tape had been her best friend: strong, resilient, and reliable. She would take up all the rolls of tape she could get her hands on whenever she found them around the school. Once she had taped up her girls properly, they couldn’t get out no matter what. She had loved it whenever they begged her not to hurt them. And the crying had been a big kink, and still was. 

Most of the boys had been scared of her, which worked to her favor. Most of them had never asked her out. For the ones who had mustered up the courage, she broke 2 to 4 of their limbs. Boys were irrelevant. They had inflated egos and smelled bad. And what they had in their pants never excited her.

~~~

“Luna, take your medication,” Mom said. “It’s good for you.”

“Listen to your mom,” Dad said from the kitchen sternly.

Luna put the pill in her mouth and pinned it under her tongue then took up the glass from the kitchen counter and drank the water. She went to the bathroom, locked the door behind her and spat the pill into the toilet before flushing it. They think I’m crazy. There’s nothing wrong with me. Grown-ups didn’t know anything. They were stupid and annoying.

Her grades were fairly decent, but that was due to her tutor, a senior girl that was a few grades above her. She was a great tutor and didn’t care about Luna’s bad rep and tendency to get into trouble. They spent a lot of time together. Having lunch, playing around with the instruments in the music room and laughing about their poor musical skills, hiding all the balls before gym class, buying snacks after school at different places…

Luna wanted to do things to her. Usually, when she reached home, she would fantasize about her. Poking a cold, sharp blade against the girl’s skin and imagining her scream. Her scream would be as beautiful as she was. Or just downright plunging her knife deep into her to make her squirm in unbearable pain. Eyes wide and bulging. Tears streaming out of her frightened eyes. Luna always finished when she thought about killing her. Strangling or slitting her throat would be hot. So fucking hot. Then she would change the bedsheet.

One day late after school, Luna was in the music room, waiting for her. She sat in front of the grand piano and started a song. Slow and steady with a gentle passion. Soft, long notes. 

Her tutor came running and swung open the door with a look of surprise. “You’re playing that?!”

Luna nodded, smiling without looking her way or stopping. The song had to go on. A beautiful moment shouldn’t end abruptly. So, she continued her singing alongside the piano. She had a great voice but had never been interested in singing until now.

“But… how…?”

Luna had practiced this song for about a month. She remembered everything. It had been hard; she had sacrificed a lot of her free time to practice in private. The lyrics were about the moon and its loneliness in the night sky. How it remained fixed and could never achieve any sense of true fulfillment. A solemn song.

Her tutor herself had never mastered the song despite her tedious efforts. Many of the notes were complex and tricky, as she had proven 2 months ago when she fumbled over the keys at the entrance ceremony in front of everyone, especially the first-years. She had sat there for 5 long minutes to remember the other half only to give up and awkwardly leave the stage in silence. And as she made her way offstage, she slipped on a marker that had been carelessly flung there earlier and fell. There had been some suppressed snickering in the crowd, and once she recovered and left the stage, the laughter grew. No one could have contained it anymore.

And even in the following weeks, there had still been talk about it. 

But Luna understood how to handle the keys; she had the fingers, determination, and quick memory. The knack for the piano. She tapped her foot accordingly with the fluctuating tune to maintain rhythm. And if she ever made a mistake, she could simply blame her tutor for being a distraction jokingly. Then they could laugh it off and move on.

But her tutor never laughed again.

3