[One shot] Traffic jamming quest in another district
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As a young adventurer you enter the guild to take one of the novice quests. On the board you can see the usual "Potion herbs resupply", "clean the waterway for wastes", "Guild delivery" and etc.

But suddenly a guild assistant put on the board a new F quest: "Traffic agent." Those are usually good paying even if you stay standing up for nearly 4-5h for the duration of your mission.

You obviously take it to the receptionist without reading the details thinking it's like the usual.

The receptionist look at your badge hanging around your neck and confirm that you are indeed a F rank too and stamp the quest before giving you a few directions to where you should operate.

You thank him and run toward your destination without letting to him the time to tell you a few more important things but too late, you're already gone.

You run through the streets following the directions he gave you, dodging a few carriages and trailers moving around with their horses or oxen pulling said vehicles.

After moving around for 5-10min, you reach a district checkpoint and right before you there's a gate large enough for a single buff guard to walk through and high enough just in case he was also taller than average. There are no guards on your side, and the gate is currently closed so you look around just in case you didn't miss anything and knock on the gate, maybe they're on the other side?

Knock knock

"Yes what is it?"

"Hello! I've been sent by the guild for a traffic regulation quest!"

"Oh it's you for today? You're a life savior. Things we're starting to look at bit messy since we have a large influx of tourists this year!" You could hear small noises coming from behind the wall, as if something was running around but at a... smaller scale?

"Don't move, we'll open shortly and let you in." You could swear to hear a group of little footstep in armor moving around again behind the wall.

The gate was slowly opened and once you entered the district. It instantly closed behind you.

"Huh?"

"What?" the guard asks while raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't know... that you... I mean-"

"Did you read the job description?" he interrupted you.

"No? I mean I knew that it was a traffic agent quest, and I thought it was the same as always although it's always in a different district but I didn't know that I would be..." you looked at your right at what your brain was describing as impossible and otherworldly at the same time.

 


It was a miniature district. An entire district populated by the smallest species within the capital: all kinds of imps, fairies, minishes, cute lizard peoples and some demi-humans of the smaller species. Like the delivery mouse-boy that just ran past the corner with a huge bag on his side. For his scale.

But the guard quickly snapped you back to reality.

"Hey you!"

"Y-y-yes? M-me?!"

"Yes! You!" The old fairy guard took flight, and you tried to take a step back but you were already against the wall of the district gate since the street isn't that large for you."Is that it?! Your outfit?!" he yelled as he was checkin' you from head to toes furiously. Your only reaction was just someone extremely startled and confused.

"Did you think a traffic agent was working with such an indecent outfit?!" the guard inched little by little toward your face to the point that your eyes start to cross in so you could see him even thought it was a bit scary since the old man was pretty furious right now. Just like a grand-father who caught you read handed stealing pocket money from his nightstand.

"It's too late now! Go to main square. Right at the main entrance and help smoothing up the traffic. Execution!!!"

"Chief. Maybe she should still go back and chang-" another guard interjected to help you but was quickly shut down.2

"There's no time. We're lacking hands and since we finally got some reinforcement. With big hands too. We should use them immediately before it's too late and the square is jammed all over." he slowly returned his attention toward you, and you could swear that you could see the flame of duty burning deep within his glare. You needn't to be told twice and moved toward the square.

"Excuse me." you started moving through the street with little humanoids walking on the different passageway and even the road. There were just too many small folks! "Sorry! Please make place!" calling out to people wasn't easy enough under normal circumstances. But when they're tiny and the density is 10 to 15 times higher. It's even worse! Especially since you have to join the main square as quickly as possible!

As you moved through the streets and got closer to the square. You could clearly see and even 'feel' that the number of people and merchants moving around had marginally increased since earlier. There was even that one time where there was an accident clogging a street and you have to pick up the broken carriage without horse and move it delicately to the side as the small patrols were trying to contain the population from getting closer. You could notice a few glances from below which earned them a small blush but like the captain of the guards at the gate said: it was too late now.

Even now you were trying to hide your embarrassment, but the smaller population didn't miss the rosy cheeks painted on your face when they saw you pass new to their windows or balcony.

It was as if you were from the giant race who tower over 15-18 meters tall and moving downtown.

After some great difficulty to move through dense packed area and managing to crawl under an inhabited arch. You finally managed to reach the main square. And as you could see : it was a nightmare...

Never in your entire life as an elve, you've seen this kind of density of population within a city. It was a mix of a bazaar and a market.

Between the gerbil woman situated on the middle of the square with other merchants that were probably from the desert people. The gerbil like demi-human was absolutely cute, so cute that you wanted to take one of them home and pet it non-stop. But you quickly snapped out of it when you saw movement in the crowd. It was the guards that were coming to open a temporary passage for you.

Right now you were towering above the market place, a lot of buildings who were probably shops too all around the area and more importantly a huge crowd of small persons who were equally as fragile as they were small. No errors would be tolerated from you since you could gravely injure someone with even a small movement if you didn't pay attention to your surrounding.

While you were lost in your thoughts, the guards had formed a tight corridor for you to walk through. Now you have realized why the guard captain was furious about your clothing. Thanks to your skirt you were totally exposed, and the little boots with heels were absolutely not adapted for this kind of situation.

One step at a time, you moved awkwardly while holding your skirt against your legs. You evidently earned a few teasing whistles from the guys in the crowds but thankfully not the guards who kept their eyes in front of them and your shoes when you were moving near them.

"Please god, make sure that nothing weird happen today" you muttered quietly as you were balancing yourself perfectly since you were almost at the destination.

"What could be worse than that?" you heard a feminine voice from your which made you shriek in shock and slam in the ground your left feet. Sending a few guards flying like some wooden figurines for childrens.

"Please. NEVER do that again!" you almost shouted to the imp woman. That little devil had almost made you do a massive accident!

"Whoa! Ahahah! Calm down! Calm down please! I wasn't trying to startle you. I thought you felt me but it look like you were too focused on what was happening below. Ahahah!" she couldn't hold back her laughter.

And while you were still angry, you couldn't move around again because most of the guards who were holding the crowd were sent flying thanks to the shockwave and from what you could see up there, they were trying to come back and didn't seems injured. Even thought it was with difficulty since the people were squeezed against each others while they moved around.

As you were bickering with the imp woman, another group of individuals were moving at high speed on the roofs.

 


One of them was wearing a cloak and was at the forefront and a small group of other with various kind of armors and robes were pursuing him.

"Get back here! Thief!" the minish warrior shouted. He was the closest one following the cloaked figure.

"Give us back that box! This is the property of count Cheddar!" a lizard kind ranger wearing chainmail yelled too. The group of pursuers wasn't outpaced but couldn't' close the distance too. They still had a good distance separating them from the white figure who was moving around with an agility and dexterity unparalleled. Climbing down building while using its environment, hiding within the crowds, climbing up by using the various miscellaneous object or facades of the alleyways. He was doing everything to lose his pursuers, but they were extremely tenacious.

As he was running and jumping around rooftop to rooftop he was about to reach another corner and saw a small rotation crane against the 3rd floor of a shop. He jumped at it and gripped it to turn around very quickly without losing his momentum. But at the very same moment something huge surged from below, broke the crane and sent splinters of woods everywhere after it exploded from the impact. Multiple screams erupted in the streets and a lot of people ran away thinking it was a sort of terrorist attack. A louder shriek was also heard.

"Wh-? Gy-?! Kyaaaaaaaaaaah!" it was louder than anything else in the world. Or at least from the pursuers perspective. They've lost their target, and the huge elf in front of them was screaming while looking at the ground and was wriggling around as if she was possessed which had terrorised them to a huge degree. They all fled without trying to think straight. They couldn't think straight when a creature as massive as an elf was moving around violently...

They quickly disappeared and ran away. Far.

 


Meanwhile, the guards below had formed a very large circle all around the hysteric elf to protect the population from any sudden movement. Some of them who saw what caused her sudden hysteria didn't know what to do. Since it was... unique in a way.

"What should we do?" one of them asked while watching her trying to catch something in her clothes.

"Dunno. What do you think we can do?" he retorted to his colleague. With a nose bleed.

The elf lady was turning around and wriggling frenetically to catch the thing that fell in her 'top'. More precisely inside her shirt. Right by the only opening there was at that moment since most of her top was unbuttoned to the limit.

Her massive cleavage.

"Think we could help?" the guard with a nosebleed asked again.

"How? Did you see those wrecking balls? Do you want to end being transformed into minced meat???"

"I wouldn't mind being minced by... that. Honestly and between us."

The first guard pinched the upper area of his nose bridge "If the captain ask, I'll say I didn't hear anything..."

 

After gently picking up the guards that were trying to come back and delicately dropped them near the other. You tried to stand up again. But for some reason you collided against a crane which was present earlier and didn't seem to be about to be used when you checked earlier.

A small panic was created because of that but the patrols quickly calmed down everyone and checked for any injured persons and at the same time the guards created a circle around you to delimit a safety perimeter for you but also the population.

"What in the sevens hell...?" you muttered as you felt an anomaly against your skin "Wh-?" it moved "Gy-?!" you were about to scream as it went from 'groping' you with its tiny hands to full speed marathon on your body. Which snapped the last string of reason within your mind. You screamed. Pulling the attention of the whole market place since you were the only 'giant' present. But right now a 'rat' was having the time of its life or whatever minuscule bipedal creature it was. You didn't have enough reason to pay attention to the thing around you anymore.

The thing moved at a very fast pace all around your shirt and you tried to grab it as it crawled in your collar, your back, your upper arms, your waist, your tummy, everywhere there was enough space to move through and about. Until it climbed on one of your breast which made you see red for the first time in a very long time. The creature gasped in terror and jumped forward without thinking, trying to move through your chest.

It shouted it was a huge misunderstanding. A gigantic error that should have never happened. He pleaded as he was moving around. But it was at that exact moment that he dived. Tried to dive through your valley.

You hugged yourself in one violent movement and a loud thud echoed through the square.

Silence...

Your face also lost its color as you had almost realized what you did.

""Did she just???""

"""Squashed him?!"""

Exclamation and shout erupted from the crowd as you were slowly pulling the black haired tiny cat-boy from your chest and put him against your ear.

You released a small sigh of relief "He's alive, thanks god..."

Cheers erupted from the crowd as you closed your hands over him. You were happy there was no victims in the end, the crowd was happy, the guards were happy. Everyone was happy.

Aside from one. The shop owner who had his crane pulverized. A sort of fat round fairy was moving through the crowd toward you and his shop with a large scowl drawn on his face. He was so red and round that he looked like a pepper bell that was about to explode.

 

"You!" He screamed with a not very masculine voice "You big stupid salacious elf! Look at what you did! Look at what you did with yours! Yours!! kgrpkgs!!!" he screamed higher and higher while hurling tons of profanity against you. But he did say one thing that every elf couldn't and wouldn't tolerate. No matter how calm or pacific they were: he has insulted the forest. The forest you were from. You speak for the forest. And the forest speaks to you.

Nobody has the right to profane an elven forest. Even with words. And now the forest (in your little world) tell you to make him apologize or suffer the consequences.

The guards knew and paled as they heard the fat bellied fairy hurl profanities in a torrent since earlier and tried to calm him down. They've asked him to apologize for that very small part at the very least.

He spitted on the ground "Never." he told them will glaring at you. You who were right now an agent of the guild but also the district in the middle of its duty.

Although you suffered a few incidents since you've arrived. You never caused a major accident. You've amused all the people who came for a shopping session. At the same time since the crowd was busy observing, the merchants managed to move their goods quicker than usual at this period of the year. You've completed your duty with flying colors.

And yet.

That little thing dared. To. Speak. Ill. And. Insult.Your ancestors. A vein bulged on your forehead, slammed your left foot on the ground to turn around and face him. The guards this time had taken their distance and thus nobody was sent flying.

But for the merchant his eyes bulged as he saw in slow-motion what was happening with that quick and violent motion of yours.

 

Your chest which was following the movement of your upper body. Collided with the third-floor wall. Creaked it. Dusting it. And like two gigantic wrecking ball: : demolished the entire facade of his shop and half the third floor was swept away with by it.

Snot was now visible under his nose. He passed out right after that.

Everyone had their mouths gapping and the two guards below were trying their hardest to not burst in a mad laughter.

They didn't last a minute, and their laughs were so contagious that the other guards also exploded in a mad laughter. The entire square was starting to laughs as if the drop of a massive joke had landed on their head. The 'poor' shopkeeper was brought to the hospital by a patrol and another one had apprehended the cat boy who tried to escape discretely while you totally forgot about him.

He was brought back to you who you grabbed mercilessly this time since there was no way he could brute force you and get away.

Later in the evening you were escorted to the gate after sending the cat boy to jail via a patrol for 'sexual harassment in a public place' even through his charges will be lessened since you were also breaking the law by wearing an 'indecent' outfit in public. The difference was that they couldn't arrest you nor put you to jail and the laws of your district had nothing to punish you from that.

After going back to the guild not without difficulties and reporting back to a clerk. You returned home completely exhausted from today little adventure in the small district. You were told to wait for the report of the district guard captain, who was coincidentally the captain of the guards gate. Before receiving your reward.

 


[2 days later, a Saturday]

(receive a box with the catboy inside + the monetary reward to your big surprise.)

you wake up with difficulty. Especially after a series of rather loud knocks on the door from the adventurers' guild delivery man. After putting on a fairly decent outfit, you head for the door. An outfit consisting only of a baggy shirt and shorts that don't even reach your thighs.

you open the door slightly to receive... a box. A relatively small one at that.
You glance at the " factor " who's come to do the delivery, forcing him to finally look you in the eye instead of staring at you.

"Where's my reward?"

He coughs in order to concentrate on the discussion rather than anything else "It's all in the package. The money has been deposited into your personal account, however. You can come and withdraw the sum at the counter when you're... available." the fact that he turned his head and couldn't stay professional was seriously starting to annoy you. But you don't insist and he eventually leaves. Relatively quickly, in fact.

You close the door and walk over to the table in the living room to open the sealed box. After 2 minutes of struggling, the top opens and inside... You can see a letter on the left and the black-cat-boy delinquent bound and gagged just to the right.

The letter was simply a thank-you from the guards and patrols for helping them mitigate blockages and move bulky vehicles. Especially towards the end of the mission, in the middle of the evening, when everyone's in a hurry to get home or to their inns.

 

{

[...]

PS: "We didn't know what to do with the kid. He's a notorious criminal in this part of town. The thing is, he's only 19 and he's got crazy potential. So we've banned him from the district. You can do whatever you want with him. Who knows? Maybe he's got talent elsewhere."

-Marius, Gate keeper and captain of the south-west district guards. }

 

 

after blinking a few times at the way he's written the postscript. you turn your attention to the teens who's been trying to protest and scream for the last while, wiggling like a lunatic. You could only hear the gagged "Mmmm! Mmmpf!!!" as he was glaring madly at you and the letter.

It didn't take you more than 2 seconds to understand the message the captain was sending you. Just watching him squirm with such energy made you blush slightly, even though you'd been resting your hand on your cheek the whole time.

"Sorry kid but... it's going to be a long night~"

He redoubled his efforts, trying to crawl as far away as possible when he saw your hand coming dangerously close to him, but it wasn't being completely tied up that was going to change much for him.

And that was the night you were going to discover all those... hidden talents~.

What should I improve first? [2 answers per person]
  • Grammar Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Structure Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vocabulary Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idea (developping more before writing?) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0