Chapter 4 – In the Presence of a King
218 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 - In the Presence of a King

“Are these the blueprints?”

“Complete with guard rotation, the schedule of everyone in the building, and anything else you might need” 

“Good, good. You can go now” Not even looking at my subject bowing and leaving, I start looking through the blueprints with a careful eye.

“With this, all the jigsaws finally fall into place” Laughing maniacally, I think about the arduous 8 years of work I had to do to reach this single point.

When I awakened my power, I was but a high school boy, with average grades, bullied, invisible, not even worth batting an eye at. But because I suffered, Lady Luck felt nice and I awakened the power of Mind Control.

With this power, I’ve used it on everyone I came across, for their transgressions– or lack of help against me. 

Walking across the street and I look at some old lady? New bug acquired, a random 15-year-old child? Sleeper agent. An office lady? Free slave & new company on my hands.

While my actions may be morally questionable, it doesn't really matter. They should be proud that I even look them in the eye!

The people I’ve mind controlled are numbered in the thousands, whether they are super or not, I don't discriminate after all.

Giggling like a little girl, I think of what I’m about to do.

“Nuclear warfare, I’ll break into the Pentagon and send all of the nukes into US cities, AND! Foreign countries!” Not even caring if Eclipse hears this, I scream at the top of my lungs. 'Eclipse hearing reaching one end of the world to another is just a boogeyman story after all. Even if he comes, I’ll just mind-control him' 

“I AM INVINCIBLE” Cackling, I start my phone and begin sending messages to my loyal slaves that the operation will be started in T-Minus 24 Hours.

Going into the kitchen for a celebratory meal of my success, I open the fridge and start cooking. 'I think today deserves a fea-'

 

BOOM!

 

'The fuck?' Coughing, I squint my eyes and notice that my Ceiling just broke 'This is a 35 Million dollar Mansion! You will Fucking pay for this!'

“Tony Alveor, 26 years old. Successful businessman,  he was bullied all through his school life, parents are both dead. No relatives to speak of. His power is Mind Control” 'Who?' 

“Who are you?” 

“Doesn’t everyone know about me?” as the smoke finally clears I see HIM

'E-Eclipse!' Quickly I look into his eyes and use my power on him. 'Sadly for you, you are not immune to the powers of a god!'

“W-W-what?” 'Why isn’t it working?'

Tilting his head, I see a small smile break into his face.

“Do you think your stupid little power can work on me?” 'What is going on? How does he know my power? What do I do? I can’t escape, I can’t run, no one can escape from Eclipse'

Eclipse, looking at him, I notice he wearing his most famous suit, a depiction of the full moon in his chest, black all around it, with a yellow cape and yellow gloves. Complete with his short black hair and sharp face, it is the depiction of scary against any enemy.

“Let me show you what real power looks like” he says while looking into MY eyes, I feel myself finally able to enter his mind.

 

.

.

.

 

Space. the earth, the sun. With no moon to speak of.

'Every Mind is different, the mind contains the memories, and the landscape of that mind reflects both the person and their goals. The state of the landscape represents the health of the mind' Looking around I see that im floating in space.

'Now let’s start working on him, my greatest slave ever. I will control everything from the shadows' Laughing I start to notice something weird.

'Why is there no light?' Looking in the direction of the sun -where it should've been- I see him. 

Bigger than the sun, Stronger than a nuclear bomb, a God amongst men.

The Eclipse.

“Do you know what my job is?” Gulping, I can feel myself sweating, his voice so heavy and coming from everywhere, giving a sense of pressure never felt before.

“My job is to protect humanity, Do you know why?” No matter how high I look, I find myself unable to see his face.

“Because humanity can’t protect itself” I find myself gasping for air as an invisible pressure envelops me. 

'FUCK,FUCK,FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKWHATTHEFUCKISTHISWHATTHEFUCKWHATISGOINGON' Trying to get out of his mind, I find myself unable to.

“Why do you think I am called Eclipse?” Not listening to what he is saying, I run, Run faster than ever before. Away from him.

“Is it because It feels as if I am so big, I cover the sun?” 

'Keep running, keep running, don't listen. Don't look back'

“Is it because I help humanity with dangers it cannot face?”

'What have I done to deserve this? I just wanted to make people feel what I felt, to suffer what I've suffered! Just when I was going to complete my magnum opus. He shows up!'

“Maybe you could say that I am between extraordinary dangers and humanity”

“What if it is because I am so influential that just by existing I create waves so big, It changes the course of history?” Unable to breathe, I clutch my chest in pain.

“You could say all of those are right, but the thing is, I am called Eclipse because just like a solar eclipse, I leave a profound impact on all of those who witness my power”

“So let me show you, Tony Alveor, your own personal Eclipse” Widening my eyes, I finally look at him.

'Oh my god' Looking at him, I notice he has his arms outstretched, as if he were in a cross, the sun behind making it look as if he has a divine halo around him.

'This is the aura of a god' Before I can finish the thought, I feel my presence, nay, my very existence turning into dust.

 

_________________________________

 

Looking at the before me trash turning into dust, I start flying back into the MoonTress. Moon fortress. 'What a stupid name, she’s lucky that she had the choice to decide on the name just because she built it'

'That trash was a mind controller and didn't even know how to fight back, tsk. What a disappointment' Not having many chances to fight in the palace that is called the mind, every chance is precious. 'It’s a shame all of them are wannabees'

Doing a quick eye scan, I wait until the doors open to step in. Not affected at all by the low gravity I begin walking in the halls of the building, thinking about the 'fight' that I just had.

'To think that because he could control minds he could fight inside them. I even waited until he grew, it seems that I have to lower my expectations even more'

Opening the door to the watcher chamber, I start walking to my chair.

'It is quite amazing how quickly Mechanic could build this base. She has a power worth being around. It’s a shame she is a little crazy'

Sighing I quickly begin to sit on the chair, tapping the armrest. Looking into the hundreds of thousands of monitors in front of me, I lie in wait until something that needs my presence starts happening.

'Boring'

1.2k words

Yo, hope you liked the chapter. My bad for not uploading yesterday, I kinda didn't know what to write lol.

Anyways I loved writing this chapter. It was so easy to write! (this is the shortest ive done a chapter, being around 6 hours. from 11am to 4pm)  I guess it's easy to write assholes lmao.

So because I stopped the daily upload streak, I'm asking u guys what u want the schedule to be, so I did a poll at the end of the chapter for u guys to pick it.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Upload Schedule
  • Monday - Wednesday - Friday Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (comment) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 7 · This poll was closed on Aug 7, 2023 08:14 PM.
9