Chapter 9 – m.A.A.d city
148 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 9 - m.A.A.d city

<10 Minutes earlier>

 

“Matthew, are you ready?” Hearing Olivia ask me a question, I nod.

“Of course, we’ve been planning this for a while. I’ve been mentally preparing myself since I awakened”

“Good, good” Sighing, I look at Olivia again for the possible– No, the last time.

Her wavy brown hair stretched down her back, her eyes so clear she could look at the whole world through them– and then some more. The way her red pouty lips invite you.

I love her.

“Can’t I get a goodbye kiss? Pretty please?” Batting my eyes, I look at her.

Hearing her sigh, I almost slump down in disappointment.

“Alright” Watching as she takes her hands off the wheel and starts making her way to me, moving seductively without meaning to.

Perfection makes its way to me.

 

Smooch!

 

“I love you”

“Me too” Watching her smile so happily, my resolve becomes even greater.

“I’ll miss you, Matthew”

“There is still the chance that I can come back, we don’t really know the after-effects of my power after all”

I wince at the small pain in my shoulder. Did she really have to hit me?

“I already told you to stop trying to give me hope, your power literally makes you go ‘boom’, Matthew, Don’t talk nonsense”

“Talking nonsense is my specialty girl, I literally did a class to everyone involved” Rolling my eyes at her forgetfulness, I make my way to the back of the VAN.

“I’ll get going”

With a heavy heart, I close the door of the VAN behind me, doing my absolute best to not look back. Knowing that otherwise, I would break down on the spot.

Going the long way to confuse anyone following me, I start walking.

BioMorf. The mere thought of them makes my blood boil.

The biggest pharmaceutical company in the USA, Too big for their own good.

Crossing the street, I keep my eyes focused on the 50-story building towering over the skyline with the many skyscrapers that accompany it on the airspace.

They will not know what hit them. Stealing the most secretive project they have right under their noses! If you ignore the fact we are entering with me bombing the entrance– The thing is, what matter the most in a villain is ‘presentation’

Making my way over to the doors, I get stopped by a security guard.

Just like the plan.

He has a slight beer belly, a receding forehead, and overall just looks depressing.

“Stop there, are you here for a visit?” Nodding, I start activating my power for the first time since awakening.

“Yeah, I came from good old Britain to visit a friend. And of course, I could not miss a visit to BioMorf” Try to maximize the power.

“Yeah yeah, I would look around too if I weren’t working here” Hearing him keep talking, I try my best to hold my smile.

“Do you have any weapons in your possession today? Knives, guns, pepper spray, any weapons on you at all?”

“No, but girls say im the bomb” With a wide grin on my face, My whole body getting redder by the second, I laugh along with him.

“I haven’t heard of that one–”

 

BOOM!

 

_______________________________

“Of course, something had to happen now”

“Tsk, you both go to the park and wait there, I’ll take care of it”

Woah, That shockwave was massive. Will he be fine? what about his superhero suit– Shouldn’t he have one? What about his secret identity? Isn’t that a must when talking about–

“Calm down kid, he’ll be fine” Unknowingly, I was holding the teddy bear so tight he looked like he was going to explode. More like felt but–

“If you’re worried, we can go and look him yeah?” What about collateral damage?

Nodding, my worries about Alex’s well-being winning over my logical side.

“I’ll park over here” With a speed so fast it felt like I was on a race car, Martin drifted to a spot and parked.

“Let’s go” Opening my seatbelt, I wait for him to open the door. I don't know what side the sidewalk is, don’t want to get in a crash.

“Don’t worry about getting hurt, I can dodge anything that might come at us” Feeling his hand on my head, I weakly smile.

Let’s hurry. Hurriedly shaking his hand to show my distress, I try to make motions in my hand for him to carry me.

 

BOOM!

 

What the hell? A terrorist attack? There’s no way they can just throw bombs around like they are free, or ethical.

“Get on– never mind” As he grabs me by my legs, I gasp in surprise.

Sighing, Martin talks again “I don’t know why you are this worried about him, while a bomb will make him feel a lot of pain he will be fine” Why does he make it sound as if pain can just be overlooked?

While grabbing him tight on his back, I feel the wind on my face. Not the wind, the shockwaves.

Trying to calm myself, I breathe in slowly. It’s okay, he’ll be okay, this is just an irrational fear. Yup, all is fine.

Feeling the shivers in my body calm down, I force myself to–

 

BOOM!

 

Okay, this is some kind of joke.

“Well, maybe he’s in a bit of a pickle” While laughing, Martin starts to run faster.

“Even then, he just has to hold out until other heroes arrive, this much of a mess is going to attract attention– Ah, even more, if it's against BioMorf” BioMorf? What the heck is that?

Hearing the voice of a woman screaming, I start to listen attentively,

“My job is to hold you back, Enforcer. My team has already entered the building and is already in the process of stealing PROJECT SOLAR ECLIPSE! Something you actual idiot were not even aware was a thing if not for me!”

 

BOOM!

 

What is even making the sound of an explosion anyways?

“Who are you again?”

“Olivia SquidWorth! You stupid bastard!”

“I guess that explains the tent–”

“You might be thinking that we are on a timer, but it’s actually you” Talking with a voice tainted with such venom, I hear the sound of something cracking.

“Fuck, we need to move from here. Alex will be fine, trust me”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

Talking again, with a voice of absolute trust he whispers as much for me as it is for him.

“He’ll be fine”

1k words

"I was walking on a plain, so where did the cliff come from?"

I wasn't thinking of ending the chapter here but as you might notice it's not currently the day of Friday.

I was too confident about myself, I wrote 300 words in an hour and was like "oh this was easy, i'll finish it in no time" but then the biggest enemy of mankind attacked:: Tiktok

It wasn't actually tiktok, it was youtube shorts but its basically the same thing. anyways what i'm saying is that I had to watch this meme

I was already thinking about that scene from last chapter and you know... since the original was a short one thing led to another and i started endlessly scrolling, the origin of all evil: short video format.

How come that it's so addicting? I'll try to control my urges from now on lol.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

5