Burned
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite the bolting wails and screams— clamorous roars could be heard as if it was the only sound and vibration we are allowed to hear... and feel. And it is very effective to make us all kneel and heel-toe hide.

Skin looking irkingly rough and rigid even from a far sight, claws ten spans bigger than the whole of my skull, and enormously robust wings capable of hammering houses of any height— dragons are indeed a creature of the sky....

And tonight it is only serving undefiable crudeness instead of a heavenly rhyme.

Ballistically patrolling the whole of the vicinity, their mouths are blazing with fire, making sure everything is under the chaos they were orchestrating. They had summoned fire to reign on our every home that despite the village being in the middle of the vast body of sea, we couldn't even lift a protest of rebellion, or else it would be easier for them to spot and seethe us. And body would therefore be one with the humid air.

And it is a glaring evidence that what makes their kind prouder and even more sinister than ever is the fact that they can easily make people crumble... crumble in their humungous mouth...a delectable munch... that you could hear their teeth and the bones of their preys fighting... an effortless fatale... and in the end, it is their savageness that won.

And like in war, victory ends up with the one who had the last sleek of blood in his or her sword, but in these creatures' case, their mouth had the most sleek and it was undoubtedly their most favored sword.

So how else could a human contest that?

"Kwaaark!"

"Wooooar!"

I could never tame or soothe any of their kind. Aunt Sylvia, the lost soothsayer was very wrong to proclaim the village that I could conquer and tame the most ruthless and virile... the greatest of this kind.

Cause here I am... bowing the lowest-low point that the situation is encouraging... bowing more than what is expected... to hide from the upcoming vengeance that's supposed to be at the mercy of my hands.

I am ought to be a dragon whisperer but in the end, I wasn't able to thwart them when they were gobbling the whole of my neighborhood. All of my family...

I was a civilian then, and now... still a civilian.

1