12 – White Wolf
2.7k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dude, what about the test for the football team, is it fun? The other guys in our room seemed pretty excited about it." I asked Remy while we were on the bus coming home from school.

After what happened yesterday, we decided to go to my house after class and train there. But today during class, a coach came to our office to say something about a test for the football team. At first, I thought it was something boring, but besides me and Remy, the other students were clearly very excited about it.

"Man, I honestly don't know either. Because of the training with the Thieves Guild and my father, I never had time for this kind of thing. My fun had to be practical and portable." He said this while he kept playing with his deck of cards.

"So you never played either? How about we play a little game at my house after practice?" I asked a little animated.

"Sure, we can do that to rest our minds, it should be fun." Remy also responded with a clearly animated look.

After getting off the bus, we walked along the dirt road until we reached my house and from a distance, I started to hear the noise of two pairs of steps coming towards us, very fast.

From far away I saw a huge white "wolf" running with his tongue out at least at 100Km/h. It's worth pointing out that this was a speed that some cars had difficulty to reach, but the huge wolf that after bathing in the sun was only getting bigger and bigger seemed to be having a walk in the park at this absurd speed.

A smile appeared on my face, and my friend next to me narrowed his eyes, trying to see what that white figure coming so fast towards us was.

With curiosity taking the better of me, I decided not to warn him about Krypto and see what would happen.

When Remy noticed that what was coming towards us was a giant "wolf", I could hear his heartbeat speeding up and he picked up a deck of cards from his pocket, getting ready to use it. "John, it looks like a wolf is coming at us at the speed of a car. If it didn't run so fast I'd suggest running, but we won't be able to get away from it, we'll have to fight."

In order not to ruin everything, I held back my smile and pretended to enter into a battle pose for Krypto who probably also heard the whole conversation even though he was more than 1 km away.
With my improved vision, I noticed the look he always showed when he discovered a new game. Seeing that I didn't say anything, Krypto put his tongue back into his mouth and pretended to be angry while running. That dog couldn't stop surprising me.

When Krypto was 300 meters away from us, Remy threw three loaded cards at the "wolf", that, with the great agility it had, easily evaded. Unfortunately for Krypto, it was not enough to deviate from the cards. When they hit the ground, all three exploded at the same time raising a cloud of dust and preventing us from seeing what was happening.

Remy prepared three more cards to play with, but before the cards could come out of his hand towards Krypto, a very loud bark came from the other side of the dust cloud.

*HOOOOLLFFF* Krypto's bark not only disoriented Remy because of the volume, but somehow there was also a gust of cold wind that went in our direction and all the dust blew on us. Fortunately, I closed my eyes before any dust came in, but Remy wasn't as fast and now I was tearing up while having trouble seeing.

However, I did notice something frightening. Krypto blowing the dust on us may have been clever for him, but now our clothes were full of dust, and inside my house, there was a woman who wouldn't be a bit happy about it.

"That's enough, Krypto, look at our clothes and tell me what you think about it." I said in a cold voice.

Krypto left the "Wild Way" and returned to the playful expression he always kept on his face, but on seeing our clothes that were once black, now red with so much dust, he got a little scared and lowered his ears with a low bark. *Bark...*

"Because of you... we're gonna have to work it out before we get home, otherwise we'll both be dead." I said as I facepalmed.

Remy on my side was speechless when he saw me talking to the giant "wolf" as if I was talking to a person, and on top of that, the "wolf" was understanding perfectly and responding too. That was a lot of information for him to handle.

As he remembered the name I called him, Remy seemed to understand something and a shocked expression appeared on his face. "Dude, you... you called him Krypto? Is that giant wolf your puppy?!"

I turned to him and laughed a little. "Yes, that's my dog, Krypto. Krypto, this is our new friend, Remy, he helped me yesterday." I made the introductions.

Krypto, hearing that Remy was the one who helped me fight the bad guys re-evaluated Remy and calmly approached him before licking Remy's face, who was still speechless as he was made aware of the intelligence of this animal.

"You were afraid of your mother because of the dust on your clothes, right? I can fix that." He said as he put one hand on me and with a light reload, all the dust fell to the ground.
"You'd make a great cleaner." I joked at the practicality of his power.

He rolled his eyes and caressed Krypto's huge head slightly. Now much less afraid, his big tail was wagging back and forth because he didn't have to worry about our mother berating us anymore since we got cleaned.

When we got home, my mother was surprised that I didn't arrive alone and was happy to see that it was a boy of my age. Even more so as the boy matched exactly the characteristics of the boy who had helped me yesterday. "Welcome back John, and hello… Remy, I presume. Have you eaten yet? I was making cookies." She said with a smile.

"Let's eat some Remy, we'll start training after that." I suggested after seeing his somewhat emotional face as I received my mother's affection in front of him. It just made me think even more about how hard his life could have been after being abandoned in an orphanage.

================
Wanna read a lot of advanced chapters? Support me on patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd
Discord: https://discord.gg/aTVfQdt

51