Chapter 64
323 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With one last yell, Moleck jumped for the Elder Being's throat, his hands started moving as he sailed through the air, wrist rotating as his elbows started to make circular motions, when he got near, his ethereal blade met the physical body of the Elder Being, tearing it apart with his greatsword as he swung in a continuous arc, he spun his sword around like a deadly beyblade.

With the rate he was going, the Empowered Moleck was able to reach the being's core in just a scant few seconds and he showed no mercy when he did, he tore through the veiny, purple orb with rash abandon until it was nothing more than tiny pieces that floated through the air-

-The illusion broke, and the gigantic, black thing that's more tentacles than body faded away into blue dust, flowing into the wind until it was nowhere to be seen. The guy who played Moleck fell down into the ground and landed knee first, he was heaving, his body language looked tired, and yet the grin on his face was as genuine as it would come.

And just like that, the play ended. Multiple Gods were slain all throughout the play, and what's left of them is the current Pantheon of 4 High Gods and Goddesses and 8 lower ones. Among them were the scant few Gods that showed themselves to Jacob on his first few days in this world, the ones that were willing to help him and that, oddly enough, made him feel suspicious, especially Horos' words- what kind of games were they playing exactly? And how does he play into them?

Whatever they're plan is, it's probably best that he doesn't try to pry, angering Gods should be the last thing that he wanted to do in this world.

And with that being said, Jacob walked away from the theatre feeling good about himself, Asya looked content and if he were to judge how things were going from her expression alone, then he can safely say that the date was a success and if he can most likely end things here but- he won't, not when they haven't eaten anything other than... three (for him,) large buckets of meat.

Damn it.

Well, the day was still long and besides, everyone knows that dinner is the most important meal of the date so with that being said, Jacob turned to his date and asked her what they should do next, and Asya answered with something along the lines of- "I want to do something physically demanding, I think."

- which shouldn't be a sign nor a hint but a genuine request, so Jacob hummed as he thought things through, "Then how about we go and try to ride horses? That sounds physically demanding right?"

"Not really," Asya retorted with a tired expression that she quickly cooled in favor of turning to Jacob with an encouraging smile, "but it sounds fun,"

"It does sound fun!" Jacob mused.

Thanks to a bunch of people having conversations about riding horses, finding the place where the carnival goers were allowed to ride horses had been surprisingly easy and the two were soon standing in front of a wide fenced-off area where a bunch of trainers, riders, and horses were frolicking around. A quick look at the wooden sign placed directly on top of the fence gate told them the price- with it being varied depending on who's riding, with children going out for a meager two silvers and a half while adults go up to about 5 - 10 Silvers depending on their seniority, - and Jacob thought it was cheap enough that the two of them can probably ride a horse of their own but that wasn't the plan.

Nope.

And besides, his date right next to him looked tired, and he simply can't trust her riding out on her own.

"Which of the horses do you like?" Jacob asked the blonde.

"The brown mare with dark spots looks nice, her fur looks well groomed," she answered, eyeing said horse neighing at the passerby as it stood inside its own stable.

"She does look nice doesn't she?" He complimented as they moved over to the mare, whose name is 'Thulesia' according to the sign on the upper frame. Jacob gave the stable boy walking over to them with a smile before asking, "Is it fine if the two of us ride him together?"

"Wait what?" Asya suddenly said, shock clear in her voice. Her glare at him just made Jacob smile.

The kid- well teen, they're probably the same age but eh, - gave them his best-practiced smile and answered with a confirming nod, "Of course, Sir." He said respectfully before turning to Asya, "Maam," he added, "she's strong enough to carry an entire family," Jacob gave a reassuring nod to the teen's words, "but the fare is still the same, even if two people are riding the same horse,"

"We'll take it," Jacob said.

"Wait-" Asya grabbed his hand and shot him a glare, "- we didn't talk about this," she hissed.

"What's wrong with riding together?" Jacob asked as the stable boy pushed the gate open and let Thelusia out, he clapped Asya on the shoulders- which got a whimper of surprise out of her - and pushed her to Thelusia, "It's gonna be fun, trust me," he said as he held onto the reins and pushed against the foothold of the saddle, when he was riding the horse right, he looked down on Asya and held out his hand, "come on," he said, jerking his head over to the horse, "it's gonna be great!" he tried to reassure.

Asya reluctantly held out her hand while blushing, Jacob waited for her to put her feet against the saddle and when she did, Jacob took hold of her hand and didn't let her get second thoughts and pulled her up towards the saddles, "wrap your arms around my waist," He said when he realized that Asya was looking around for a place to hold onto.

He got a flustered- "What? NO!" - for his efforts but he didn't let that stop him, nor did he let the fact that Asya tightly held onto his shoulders deter him from running the horse out of the stables in full speed. He grinned when he felt Asya wrap her arms around his stomach and press her head against her shoulder, her breath brushed against his cheeks as she raised her mouth to his ears and then proceeded to yell-

"JACOB!" He started laughing and got the horse to move faster, "DAMNIT I'M GONNA JUMP IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THIS!"

"WHAT?!" He yelled back as they passed through multiple riders in a blur, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! I'VE LITERALLY GONE DEAF FROM YOUR YELLING! YOU SHOULD STOP SCREAMING!"

He laughed again when she bit his ear, "THEN STOP LAUGHING!"

He, in fact, didn't stop laughing.

Well, he did, but only when Asya was slamming her hands against his back- not because it hurt (it did,) but because she was starting to fall off so Jacob had to slow down for both of them to catch their breath. As the horse's run slowed to a crawl, he only let one of his hands hold the reins so that he can help Asya with the other, she was glaring at him, face red and her well braided hair now turned into a mess, well, she overall looked like a mess and as she pulled the hem of her dress with an unsavory expression, Jacob thought to apologize- "sorry,"

"Shut up." She said heatedly, continuing to fix her dress but ultimately not going down the horse, which... should be a good sign.

'Should be.' Jacob said to himself as he looked away from the blonde's glare.

"I... thought that it would be fun," he explained, "and well, it... was for me but you clearly didn't so I'm sorry."

He heard a sigh and Asya wrapped her hands around his waist again, then she leaned her chin against his shoulder and said, "if you wanted me to do this so badly, you didn't have to make the horse run fast,"

Jacob cleared his throat, "It was supposed to be a joke actually," he defended, making Asya laugh.

"Sure," she said, one hand freed from his waist to push a stray strand of golden hair at the back of her ear, "I believe you,"

"You don't need to," Jacob said as he kicked the saddle, though this time he made Thelusia run slower. Much slower. "because I'm telling the truth,"

"Uhuh," Asya said as she nuzzled his neck, her skin was hot to the touch, a testament to just how panicked she was just now, "and, do tell, why would I want to believe you?"

Jacob hummed, "Well I guess you're right," he decided to "admit", and added, "Why wouldn't I want someone like you to cling to me tightly?"

"Damn right." Asya replied proudly before kissing him on the cheek, "And next time, just say that I'm pretty instead of being so wordy,"

"You're pretty," Jacob quickly said, smiling when he felt Asya's neck grow hot.

11