Aftertaste
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I acknowledge the fact that there'll be cases of me getting completely caught-off guard throughout my lifetime. But I never expected that this kind of situation would bring me it.

As if sorcery, the effect of wine flew away in the air, leaving me to no avail. Replaced by another poisonous thing that's collapsing my sanity and mind!

I just allowed him... I scowled at the moon as I grit my teeth and get heated in my tracks. It should have warned me of the distaste! It should have said a dark creature is paving his way!

And how my red panty is peeking now completely spun me to seeing black! The warmth left by his hand on my leg is mocking my ego and what makes me madder is that he is long gone before I can even charge him for it!

I closed my legs tight as if it can make a difference. I rudely brush off my damp lips as if it could erase his taste. Stupid bitch. Since when did I get this rusty?

And what the damn bull-shitty-shit is wrong with that asshole...

How dare him. Just how dare he? It doesn't mean that because my dad trusts him that much he can do whatever he wants and whoever he wants, because clearly, I am not a property of my dad or anyone for him to claim me like that!

I drove my way home with my brow creased and my lips grim, occupied by the past encounter. The side mirror showed me a super flushed woman and it taunted me more! Pushing me to do a faster speed cycle.

That fucking pride of the Hontèvioss...

That moron of a shit pawn of my father.

Has fucking claimed the wrong lips!

My chest is still in strained heaving when I reach the house. Stopping in front of the door, I calmed my eyes.

This raging demon in me needs to calm down and not make it a big deal. He doesn't deserve my energy. His death isn't on my death list. It's a pity it isn't. And above all, I am steel and ice combined, I shouldn't be affected by anyone's blazing dire.

That was my first kiss, yes...

But then to hell with first kisses!

Damn all those who stole it!

That is my mantra until I opened my front door. But Instead of no one, I was greeted by a large man sitting on my sofa and the dog eating beside his feet. I do remember them having a little fight over here before, and not like this, casual with each other.

The dog is eating something like a potato chip, the same one my German is munching.

I eyed German to ask for an explanation.

"You seemed very busy nowadays and this dog right here is hungry so I have been feeding him whenever you are out,"

I glanced at the busy dog, before I turned my sight to German again.

"And I am always out like most of the time? " I asked, urging him to confirm my thoughts.

He simply nodded to confirm it. "I've been here most of my time,"

I always feed the dog whenever I'm around, and whenever I go out of my house and do some errands or attend something, I am always making sure the food is ready for him. But wasn't gonna lie I sometimes forget about how he would consume all of his remaining time... alone. And how he should... live.

I am so used to attending just mine that I sometimes forget he also needs my attention... time...

That is why... That is why sometimes when I order his food outside, he would only wiggle his tail, look at me, and won't eat it because this large man is sneaking into my house, attending to him?

My eyes wandered to the food on his plate.

Obviously spoiling him?

I didn't even notice they are close? And that he is leaving earlier than before in our meetings or events. He loves staying in his house and doing these normal things big men loves to do. He trains and rips those muscles off in his own gym or the whole of his wide backyard or the riverside in his land. Sometimes I felt anxious with how he axe his firewood at home, I felt like with just one wrong move he could detach his body in solid half. Even his silent and calm fishing with the rod seems very awkward to my eyes, what more if it is him fully taking care of this dog every time I am around?

Do they cuddle? He had taken him to bathe? What does it look like for them when the dog is hungry for a lap nap?

He is so fond of it to the point I can't feel my legs...

Who would have known this large man will get addicted? And made time for a dog, who barked and passionately bit him at first sight.

I seated on the other sofa and waved my hand to the dog. He immediately walked towards me, leaving his food. I tap and tap his head gently and my mind flew somewhere else.

My hand trailed the beauty of his face. From his ears, that's up whenever he senses something unfamiliar. The expressive brown eyes that would shower me his raw appreciation of my services. The black nose which I dot my fingers into to feel its true dampness. The short lashes that matches his overall black fur. He is a cute dog. A wholesome ball of energy.

And German... seems to be a better companion of this guy right here.

I stood in my seat. The dog wiggles his tail still.

Spoiled. I mouthed.

German looked at us with happy eyes.

"You reached the house late," he soon commented, making me feel disturbed again as I remember a scene. Disrupting my bubble.

"I met a disaster on the road," I simply explained, before nodding at him to sign my departure.

I walked upstairs to take a warm shower I thought I needed. I removed my clothes. I am welcomed by the other shower directed to the bathtub. I stepped my other feet first to feel the temperature of the water.

It is warmer than I thought.

I stepped my other feet in and let the water drown my body. I breathed all the tension away.

Earlier tonight I felt very proud to wear that mask at the event, but with that asshole, it was easily worn off and I do not like that. That could be used against me so I needed to take all my time here to train my mind to not be seen and startled easily like that again.

To not be off-guard helplessly like that again.

Fragileness, emotions, or delay in how to act properly on something will cause me big if I wouldn't have my guard up.

I traced the wound I got from that fight with those shits when one decided to follow me. I became so focused on my own pain and rage that time, and if German didn't notice and informed me I got shot, I wouldn't be aware that I am having physical pain too because I was so into my emotional pain.

German saw the shot, but that man in the mansion fail to even notice it. And people call him my dad?

What a bull.

All the petals nearing me move when I let my body sink more to the tub. I pretended to be consumed by all the water, watchful of ho all the petals above it move to places.

That man who pulled my mask off could never do that again. He should not see any bareness in me. I shouldn't be lost by a touch. I rested all the while there, finally cleansing all the dirt I acquired for the night.

Going out with a rebirthed mask anyone will not reconsider opening.

0