A Little Dream and A Friend
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was bathed with my sweat as I hide under a familiar small compartment.

Why am I hiding?

What am I doing here?

And why am I so... scared and trembling?

It was very dark so I scanned myself for any cellphone or flashlight to light up the place but I do not have anything to light me up. I am all alone and I don't know what is happening so I pushed the compartment's door up only to be greeted by an overwhelming light. Like everything is nothing but light.

Why is it so bright up here?

Down there the lights were too far gone, like it never existed. But here...

I don't have any idea how, but the next thing I know I am already facing my parents, soaked in their own blood. And the whole people in the house are lifeless on the ground.

What is happening?

A excruciating sharp pain behind me suddenly striked and now I felt fatal throbbing. I reach for my back and I am greatly shocked by the amount of blood in my hands.

I shivered. "Blood..."

Why am I bleeding?

"What...what is this?"

Suddenly struggling to breathe, I held my chest as I try hard to inhale air but it seems like I am running out of it big time. My eyelids were falling and I can't help but to oblige. I felt my hand descending down the floor frailly and I got no bit of strength to move it to reach for my parents.

Feeling a familiar emotion, I felt my tears drop— before I close my eyes to sleep.

I am feeling the caresses of someone on my face.

I waited for seconds for it to stop but it didn't. It continued soothing me as it proceeded to gently comb my ruffled hair. I carefully moved my right hand on my body to reach for a knife but stopped in my tracks when I remembered where I am.

I opened my eyes only to met a pair of worried light grey orbs watching me so close, and a rough thumb touching my cheeks delicately. Wiping something wet off my face.

I abruptly rose in my position to bump him forcefully on the forehead.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed, touching his forehead as his face contorts on the impact.

He glared at me as I wipe my forehead off.

"What do you think are you doing?" I accused him, critical.

"I was just wiping your tears, my lady," he sarcastically remarked, and the brute just rolled his eyes at me.

This childish.

I, being thankful, kicked him on the stomach to put a little distance between us so I could absorb what he said better. His mere existence is a huge distraction on my silent mind.

And the crybaby helplessly stumbled on the floor.

I paused a bit, understanding what he just said. Bending down, I flicked his slightly red forehead again. He snickered.

"Stop talking nonsense," I coldy argued, even when I noticed how damp my cheeks are.

He only stared at me with utmost irritation.

I combed my fingers in my disheveled hair trying to remember my dream. What would I cry about?

After two minutes, he dramatically got up on his feet and morbidly sat too at the other side of the sofa.

"What a ungrateful bitch," I heard him murmur under his breath.

"I am not deaf."

"Oh, really now?" he gasps, dotting the new bump on his forehead. "Aww!"

"Ouch, this hurt!" he dramatically laid his 'aching back' flat on the foam, eyes tightly closed.

I coldly scoffed watching him press it more.

"Someone responsible should soothe this. What if this would lead my death? What a pity... "

Oh, sure. Such a pity it is taking too long.

I remained insensitive. Watching him go crazy on his own.

"I want to have children. I'll complete a basketball team."

He faked a misery.

"How can I extend my perfect genes to the world if I die early?"

Grabbing a throw pillow on my back, I savagedly threw it straight on his overreacting face as soon as he started to feverishly cough, with his chest and back rocking hard.

Since when do a forehead bump cause hardcore cough?

"I suggest you should go to the hospital..."

I grinned mischievously watching him beam up on my concern.

"Seems like your head finally realized it doesn't have a brain,"

Being a mad man that he is, I caught the fiery pillow that's aiming for my face when he suddenly recoiled to fake violence. I carefully settled it on my lap which made him scoff, hiding a relief.

"What?" he spat when I threw him my judgemental gaze.

"You're such a dramatic asshole."

"You are an unsympathetic insensitive she-devil."

"Do you expect me to get insulted by that?"

"Of course not. We are just speaking facts here, arent we?"

I smiled, getting him this time. "Then that means you've already acknowledge yourself as one of a kind asshole?"

His glaring eyes pierced me.

One fact about Mark, he hate it when people call and refer him as an 'asshole'.

I had an idea why but the I wasn't exactly sure so...

We both brace for a cool down.

Along with our proceeding silence, I noticed how his mood gradually weighed down. I then caught his gaze, seriously focused on the family picture.

"Did you dream something bad again?" his tone shortly made the mood heavier.

I refused to look at him. Perhaps we became reminded about that again.  He is again reminded of how I frequently had dark dreams after that night. He is also a witness of me struggling with those nightmares, which made me cry almost every night. The dreams which made me break down as I grow up.

"Aren't you mad? Why are you asking?"

"I'm mostly irritated at you but what can I do, I love you,"

We both cringe silently hearing his words.

I rolled my eyes to hell.

He directed his playful smile at me because of my reaction. Wanting to not conceal any emotion, unlike someone he knew.

"I cannot remember what the dream is about," I honestly said, peeking at his expression.

I noticed the remaining concern in his eyes so I immediately remove my eyes off him to stare at the opened window instead.

I really cannot remember anything about that dream no matter how I want to remember it. I felt like it is something dark though, even if it already escaped my memory now. There are remnants of what I felt during it.

I let minutes of silence to circulate again before I stood up to face him again, to discuss my agenda for coming here today. I have to get going, I still have a lot to take care about. A mirror passed my eyes and it briefly showed me my dull eyes.

"Let's go," I stated before walking out.

I saw him grab a jacket before following and closing the door.

I nod a little every time I met eyes until we reached the front door. We opened it and the wind automatically swayed my hair on a graceful rhythm as I turn to look back at the inside of the place once again.

This is not the way they should live. But looking at the bond they are making here, a ghost of satisfaction escaped my breath.

At least...

The sun welcomed us with its full brightness and heat when I decided to turn my back to leave.

"You do not have to worry about them here. They are fine," Mark comforts me with his words out of nowhere.

I understand that. I understand him. I understand them. But the idea that they deserve better keeps me firm on my ground.

"They are my family. I will always worry about them, no matter the circumstances" I hushly responded as I started to take a step away.

"Whoa. And I am a part of your family right?"

I didn't answer him, instead, I ignored him like I didn't hear him. He held me by the hand to get a response but I mercilessly glared at it so he removed his hand at me, now being immediately irritated like before.

He turned around on the side part of the building, and although I have no clue why, I followed him still. There, I saw him remove vines, revealing a close to medium-sized gate.

I didn't know it existed here?

I saw him use a silver key to open the gate which led us to a 5 steps cemented stair, that directs a way out of the building and a passage to the shed. I walked behind him as he casually drop the key in his pocket.

With years of visiting here, it is my first time to know that. I always climb up the huge gate to enter the place and climb up again to go out of it.

We managed to reach the little shed where my motorcycle is parked, but with his sour mood. And believe me when I say he is that determined to put a distance between us every time I try to get nearer.

As soon as I got near my motorcycle, I immediately grabbed and threw the helmet at him to test something.

I thought he will not be able to catch it, like back when we were young and he is this irritated, but he swiftly catch it with one hand, which he immediately inserted on my head.

I searched for his eyes before he fully close the cover but he only gave me a glare. And a loud knock on the helmet which irritated my ears.

"I will drive, you don't have a say." he declared like a boss, before suiting himself in front immediately.

Does he own it?

No.

I am about to complain, but with his actions now, we would take forever here if I'd insist to drive. I've known him so much that I know he won't leave without doing what he wants.

I tilted my head at him to cue him to reflect on his reaction before placing myself behind. He ignored my eyes like a pro.

This man needed to meet a woman who can cool off his hot-tempered head and most-of-the-time childish behavior.

We drove under the heated sun, and with me is a hot-tempered friend.

0