Dog
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was able to reach the house at three in the morning. And unlike the past years, I realized... someone is now waiting for me to go home.

My dog has passionately suited himself to sleep on the rug after the main door.

And it cost me. I could say it got me. Hard.

He got me hard.

The parking awaken him yet he remained to be on the same position, stomach and chin flat on the surface, but with his tail wagging up continuously on the floor and eyes not leaving me...adorable and excited.

My supposed-to-be fast steps slowed down.

And he patiently waited until I stopped.

I have never thought a dog could make me feel... comfort... tenderness... ease...

And hunger... for warm hugs.

Things I've failed to welcome geniunely all these years.

One booted foot after another, my right knee slowly touched the ground. Curiously and cautiously my palm made its way to his stomach up to his back, feeling his smooth coat furs right under my skin.

He gave in to my caress and I couldn't defy the glitch it brought my steel-coated heart.

"Mornin..." I greeted breathily.

Which he then replied by lazily standing up and gently placing his chin on my left lap. He also yawned, showing me his grogginess. He is obviously still sleepy and it got more obvious when he tore his irises at me just to gaze somewhere untouchable.

I have met a lot of situation where I should feel guilt... but this dude right here, earnestly got me in a haze.

Buying the guilt tease, I carefully carried him out of the rug. While he suited himself on my arms perfectly, heat spreading even on our little gaps.

How long has he waited?

I was out for hours.

German texted me earlier, saying he already feed him. He onced asked me where I was. Later on, he said that he and the dog are a bit cold, they need someone who can serve them something flaring... perhaps like my blazing glare... But soon he said they felt hot and in need of something chilling... maybe like my cold distant eyes.

He is straightforward most of the times, but whenever it was between the two of us, he loves to play with words.

And we're a matchmake because I know well how to understand meanings beyond words.

We are already near the staircase when the dog suddenly jumped out of hold. I paused a bit, watching him casually walk himself up the stairs.

Sooner I found myself looking down on my naked feet, eyelids getting heavier.

And so I followed, watching his tail wiggle alongside with his steps. As soon as he reached my locked room, he sat and barked once. I unlocked it and he was silent when he trailed just after me.

I threw myself to bed, he suited himself on his. And we both dozed off as soon as the lights turned off.

~

By now it's already past 9, and I was up to go to a beach only a few have discovered.

But today's visit is different from my past visits because I'll have an accompany.

Someone deserves more than the corners of the house and gate.

"You are coming with me," I conversed with the dog, after the finalized packing.

He's been sleeping in my room since I found him so I've made some changes to my room and door just to accommodate this one here.  Right now he is lying comfortably on the feet of my bed with a brown square pillow under his chin which he bit out of his bed earlier while I am finalizing our itinerary.

He only stared, wiggled his tail, and moved his chin a bit on the pillow as a response.

I raised my brow at his little action.

When the sound of the opening of chips pouch got his attention back, I narrowed my eyes. He stared, interested, eyes a portion more dilated as my position made him stare up.

We did a silent staring contest and we are both competitive.

It's actually not a staring contest though, because I am not just staring, I am coldly gazing at him.

And the dog don't care much about my reputation of killing, I guess. He is staring all out.

It remained like that until I lifted my eyes off him.

Why am I even spending time competing on who will blink first? And with a dog?

I removed myself out of the bed and opened the door for him, to urge him downstairs. He tailed beside me while I busied myself being consistent with my peripheral vision activity.

I advanced sideways when he missed a step. His nose dotted my leg.

We continued marching down, spontaneous on our trail. Our usual setup every morning.

I poured water on the other plate, his food on the other one. The warm water in my glass made itself known by my palms. I watched how the lemon juice colored the water duller.

He went to drink water first. I proceeded to sit on the high chair to wait and watch him eat sooner. I sipped on my glass little by little to keep up.

Someone is growing fast, healthy—and handsome.

I waited for him to finish his meal before we proceed to go upstairs. As soon as we got upstairs, I grabbed my phone under the matress that was covering a secret compartment of my bed to text German the location. I don't have any idea if he would scribble on his phone today but I still texted if ever.

The sun is already up. It is time to move to bathe.

I used my car to drive off home since I am with the dog and he obviously won't be comfortable with a motorcycle ride. And I guess I am a bit extra today for letting him wear a personalized cool brown shade I bought online. I have ordered our food from a restaurant earlier so we are now on the way to pick up my order.

As soon as my windows rolled down, I noticed that something is even brighter than the sun outside.

"Good morning Ms. Flinn. Thank you for ordering in La Veliz Tahana! Here is your order," the attendee's smile almost blinded me even with the black round aviators in my eyes.

My hand was already on the paper bag when I notice her gaze and smile sticking inside. Being not a people pleaser I mindlessly click the window button, yet stopped it too as soon she talked again, uttering a favor with sound hesitance.

"Uhhh, Hi, ma'am! Can I ask for a photo...if only it doesn't make you upset... or-"

I clicked a button to make my seat lay back, giving her a better camera view to the dog. My brow crooked on her confused expression.

"Go, take a picture of the dog-"

"With you ma'am"

Oh.

Are these things even allowed?

I gave her my usual face, not selfie-friendly. And she seemed too happy to not comment about it as she clicked the camera button multiple times, almost no interval.

"Thank you, ma'am! " she happily bid, holding her phone as if it is some sort of a lucky ticket. The drive-thru then got busy over her phone as soon as my car advanced.

My eyes darted on my passenger's seatbelt but I didn't fail to notice his face, getting used to being the superstar of the day, with his tongue falling boyishly on the side.

"Spoiled dog," I silently remarked, which he fully ignored as he sniff all over the paperbag.

I am busy on the road when I noticed a side-eye from my right.

Falling into his sorcery, I let him have some.

0