42. Guitar hero versus Goddess of war
149 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She seemed to have depleted her stamina as she acted dizzy and was about to drop on her knees on the ground, but was saved by her knights. 

"You okay?" I asked, a bit dissatisfied because of how short she lasted. I received no reply, so I guess she's knocked out. Hey, I realized that pronouncing You okay is the same as saying my other name Yuukei. 

Though, it seems like it's not yet time for me to be dissatisfied. Just as I thought she got ended, I heard a freaking startling laugh, I wasn't paying much attention. It was her, which I found surprising since I've always seen her as an expressionless person. I guess she finally snapped. 

"You're still awake, huh." I said. The air got a bit chilly for some reason. It looked like she was gathering some new power from the air because she has that windy effect around her where leaves and crumbs are floating. Another holy light from the clouds is above her. She then grows four angel-like wings on her back, and her clothes transform from a nun outfit into shining armor and helmet. She looks like a hot... valkyrie? Yeah, that's how I'll describe her current now. She also has a cool looking spear and a shield. 

"Being able to withstand the blessings I gave to my followers, you're more than it seems as the master of those four dragons. To think there will be a time where I'll have to interfere with myself again. I am contracted and have sworn to protect this country, I won't idle by and watch." She spoke with a smirk. 

"You kinda seem different... Do you have a split personality?" I asked genuinely. I noticed her change of demeanor. 

"Close to it, but you're completely wrong. I am the goddess of war, Zinnia. I am currently possessing this body as a temporary vessel. Although it restricts most of my power, this is enough for me to handle you." She answered. 

"I see... That's a shame you're not the real you." I said. How many so-called gods are there roaming around, I wonder? Are there like, hundreds more all over the world? Or maybe even thousands? Oh wait, she said she's a goddess so I guess she's not a god. 

"I've heard that a blond haired mortal recently caused trouble, was it you perhaps?"

"Yeah, that's right. What you gonna do about it?"

"What a confidence, I like that. I would've taken you as my disciple if not for the contract. I won't believe in rumours easily though, so I'll see for myself if you truly possess a power capable of slaying us. It's pretty unbelievable after all, and you understand that right? Everything has been quite peaceful these days, so I hope you'll be able to entertain my cravings for a fight."

"So we're having a duel, huh... It might be really destructive though."

"As long as the people lives, the country will never die. As such, fulfilling my duty as their guardian."

"Ok..." 

Having that said, I wonder how should I fight this one this time? I mean, I wanna try something different. Like, I'm kinda getting bored of my repitetive style. I'm basically like, summon sword or whatever, summon robot, summon gun beng beng which seems to be my current favorite weapon. 

"Oh well, I shouldn't really think deeply of this. The outcome will still be the same after all." I sighed. Getting inspired to transform as well like she did, I changed outfit in an instant like a magical girl. With a flash, I'm now wearing a black jacket and a very short skirt, and my neck and arms is filled with necklace and bracelet. I'm wearing make up called eyeliner that is black to make my eyes cool and depressed, covering my face with a black facemask and have my hair in twintails. I also have electric guitar in my hands, and I added black wings to make me look like a perfect fallen angel. On both of my sides, there are speakers the same as my height. In front of me, there's a mic. 

"... What a strange shape for a harp. Are you planning to make me listen to a song?" She asked, looking down on the capabilities of my electric guitar. 

"Yep, why do you think I'll be having an instrument right now?" I replied. However, she just laughs at me. It made me frown. "Laugh while you can, goddess."

"Ahaha! You're a funny girl!" 

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I said. I then started playing despite having not enough knowledge about guitars. I struck the strings, sending a very loud sound, and she then had that as if she's been shot on her spine. 

"Still gonna laugh?" I asked seriously. I continued playing with the electric guitar non stop, sending random noises that can make anyone have their ears bleed. But for me, this is a masterpiece. All she could do was cover her ears. 

"Where's your laugh now huh!? Where is it?! I don't give a damn about whoever is in my way! They can kill themselves if they don't appreciate this godly concert of mine! Have you never seen or heard about sound attacks!? For a goddess of war, you're more dumber than I thought!!" I didn't stop the torture. She was trying to say something, but I couldn't hear a thing I didn't bother lending an ear. 

"What's wrong, madam?! Does my song move you so much that you're on your knees??!! This is what happens if you don't want to pay the fee to watch my performance!! I am the best in the world and I ain't free!!" I'm having a big smile on my face. Unfortunately, no one will see it because I'm wearing a mask. 

Even though it felt like hours had already passed by, I didn't stop. 

Seeing that she seem to have no will to stand against me as she's already in tears, I stopped. 

"How's my performance?" I asked. 

"... It's awful..." She could barely reply. 

"Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it." I raised my electric guitar. I then made a stance as if I'm playing golf. I strike her head like a ball. Her costume slowly vanished. 

8