53. Things only I can seem to see
42 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon is bright this November 1, it's the day of the dead. I regressed to the age of nine to trick or treat around a random town I don't know of. I'm wearing a very realistic zombie costume. Mine is different from others because my wounds are real, not make up. My actual bones and organs are showing. There's no blood dripping though because that will be really messy and I don't like that. Not like anyone will realize that this is real though. I am able to maintain this form by bending reality. 

I knocked on my first door and waited in front of it. Seconds later, a middle aged guy opens the door. He was taken aback by my amazing costume that's very kid friendly. 

"Trick, or treat?" I asked. I looked straight to his eyes with a death stare. 

"You're scary, kid. I almost thought that it is finally the start of the zombie apocalypse." He laughed lightly before giving some candies to my pumpkin. "I wonder how your costume works? No matter how I look at it, this isn't possible by make up alone and it's impressive."

"I dunno. My sister is the one who dressed me up." 

"Your sister is such an amazing artist, I tell you." 

"Yeah, my sister is the most amazing sister in the world."

"You're a good kid for being proud of your sister that much." 

"That's right. I love my sister so much that when I grow up, I even plan to marry her. Anyways, thank you for this small candy. I think I've spent too long talking with you, mister. It's time for me to scare other houses." I bid farewell. 

There, I continued my adventure in scaring people and taking their candies. On my way to a different street though, I saw something that peaked my interest. It is a kid who's also hunting, wearing a dolphin head. 

I first waited for him to finish, because I wanted to ask him something. However, it seems like I don't need to anymore after overhearing what he said. 

"Dolphin hero is my idol! He saved my life when I was about to get hit by a truck. Someday, I will be a superhero too!" He replied to the one living in the house proudly, full of joy. 

Hearing that made my heart flutter. 

Moving on to another house, I knocked on another door. 

"Trick, or treat?" I said the same line for the 15th time. 

"Sorry kiddo, but I don't celebrate Halloween" A big brother replied. 

"So no candies, huh? Then, I curse thou reproductive part to be forever small starting from now on." I said, not wasting any more time and left. 

While on my walk again, my way was blocked by a woman in white lady costume all of a sudden. For some reason, she's floating while looking down. She just leaped in front of me. 

"Excuse me, miss." I asked respectfully. 

"You can.... See me?" She spoke in an eerie and rough voice, staring at me with its dead eyes of nothing but a black void. 

"You're a ghost, I assume. Want some candy?" I offered. But she didn't seem to have even hear what I said at all. 

"You can... See me?"

"Well, yeah, I can see you. So what? Now, please move out of my way." I asked politely. Seeing as she just got even closer, I tried pushing her to the side, but my hand just passed through as if she's an air. That didn't happen the second time though. However, that just made her pester me more, repeating the same words of how I can see her. 

"You can... See me." She didn't say it in a question, being sure. 

I'm pissed of now though.

"Oy, I'll kill you if you keep following me." I stared deep to her soul. In her eyes, I look scarrier than a demon. Thankfully, that was enough to make her decide to go to a different way. But then, I had an idea. 

"Wait a minute, miss." I stopped her. "Are you sick of roaming around and wish to have eternal rest? I can be an exorcist at the right times."

She becomes silent, staring at me silently. She was thinking about it deeply. 

"Decide now miss, times ticking. I still need more candies." I said. 

Finally, she nodded. 

"That's great! Now, don't worry. You won't feel pain anymore and this will be real quick." With a flick of my fingers, she slowly became more and more transparent, until she couldn't be seen anywhere anymore. 

"I hope you won't reach a point where you have to hung yourself again in your next life." I cracked my neck for relief. "Exorcism feels great. Thanks for the experience. I crave for more spirits now."

3