56. Am I not heroic enough?
98 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was another thing that has been going viral other than me being a hero, and that is, an ongoing war. 

Apparently, there is a war between the government and some infamous terrorists. The terrorist group has already taken over one province, so the government is trying to get it back. You know, their reasons for this are typically to rule or rebellion because they didn't feel free. One thing I know though, is that a war is a business. 

In the middle of a chaotic battle field where bullets rain instead of water, a group of soldiers find themselves on the verge of surrender. They were surrounded and outnumbered, the dilapidated concrete walls are their only hope for them to cover. The deafening sounds of gunfire filled the air, and the weight of their gear seemed unbearable. 

"Hey Benjamin... Is this the end?" A wounded souldier who's faced by fear and fatigue asked, his voice is slowly losing its life. 

"Stop talking! We'll definitely come out alive from here." The one beside him is trying his best. 

"... If you truly managed to come out alive, can you please tell my daughter that I love her the most?"

"Argh! Shut up! I can't concentrate! You'll definitely coming with me, ok? Save those words and tell them to her yourself." 

"Sarge, remember what they told us in training? We should never give up and face the enemies until the end. But I really just think my time has come. As such, I'll try to stall them." Thinking that he has little hope left and will be a burden, he just motivated his teammate. 

Unfortunately, as if the world has slowed down, he watches a missile as it gets closer and closer to them from the sky. It truly was the end for them... Or so they thought. 

Amidst it, at the right time, I appeared, as the Dolphin hero. With my bare hands, I grabbed it and threw it back to the sky, making a fireworks display. 

"Rest assured, and leave this all to me. I'll clean this all up in under a day." I told them. 

Still, just by stopping a missile didn't make the enemy stop from raining bullets. With a single second of earsplitting dolphin cry, all the bullets stopped mid air. Not only that, but everyone present is all stunned as well with no exceptions in my command. Then, the bullets fall to the ground. 

For a brief moment, there was peace in a battlefield, only the silent sound of air can't be heard. 

"Surrender." I ordered. I am a hero, so I have decided not to kill this time. Moreover, I may not be the best person, but I don't feel as much of an urge as I did so before for now, and I want to enjoy this feeling. There was without a point where I have dreamt of being a a hero. 

Anyways, not like they have a choice other than to follow me. After all, I am a great God. 

After handling them, I have chosen to end these horrors once and for all for peace. I searched for all their leaders one by one in just a few seconds. From there on, I discovered all their secrets. 

"Hah... Hah..." I am panting heavily again. The last time I felt like this was when I searched for my family. Sigh, why does my head hurt so much this time? 

"Pain pain, go away." I tried healing my head ache. However, it stayed with me. Having no choice, I needed to rest for a bit to recover. 

Minutes later, I teleported to their base where I saw a group of so called but shots having a meeting with a map on the table. 

"Hello there." I greeted them humbly then sneered. 

I then beat them up like there was no tomorrow. My way isn't that heroic as usual. But still, I at least didn't kill them. However, I noticed just now that I'm not in my dolphin hero form anymore, but in my original one. For some reason, I didn't notice that I transformed back from my guise. Well, I couldn't care less. My head still hurts, so I guess this is better. This head knows better that I hate headaches the most, yet here I am having to endure one. 

Of course, they weren't the only ones I handled, but all of the higher ups who're involved in this matter as well all over the world. I sure am the strongest to make that sound like it's such a basic feat. I hate to admit, but teleporting that frequently in long distances kinda tired me. 

Now, in the middle of a highway where the military posted a barricade, I walked while dragging a huge cart enough to fit these proprietors where they lay asleep. 

If only it was this easy in reality as well. For me, that can sound fun. 

"My head really hurts." I muttered once again. 

If I think about it, I'm nerfed right now, ain't I? I wonder if that problem will be much of a big difference if I faced gods in this state? 

"Oh, I forgot to put on my Dolphin head." I couldn't help but smile nervously. 

2