Prologue: The Destroyer Comes to Fiore.
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wendy Marvell - Sky Dragon Slayer and Mage of Cait Shelter - had officially given up on today.

Why, you ask? Well it all started with a loud explosion in the middle of the night, as most things tend to start. Wendy, startled awake by the noise and somewhat grumpy at her sleep being interrupted, had pulled herself out of bed and looked out her window to see a bright pink glow in the distance, lighting up the night sky. What really got her attention though was the utterly ridiculous amounts of unusual, almost evil magic wafting off of it. 

The only thing Wendy could think of that had more magic than whatever she was sensing was her mother Grandine. What could that glow possibly be for it to be comparable to a Dragon?

She had checked to see if her best-friend and partner Carla was awake in the bed next to hers, learning that the cat was still asleep. Apparently, Wendy had been the only one to hear the explosion and one needed to be already awake to sense magic. Sometimes the bluenette hated her Dragon Slayer enhanced hearing.

Part of her just wanted to go back to sleep, another part of her - one that she usually ignored - told her to go see what that light was. The latter part won. 

Curiosity getting the better of her, Wendy quietly changed into her scaled green dress and sandals, before sneaking out of her and Carla's room. The eleven-year-old slowly and carefully crept through the small village that made up Cait Shelter, using her heightened senses to check if there was anyone awake. 

Luckily, she was in the clear and free to walk through the forest surrounding her home towards the pink light. As the girl got closer, she could feel the strange, otherworldly magic getting thicker and denser. It got distracting enough that Wendy had to focus on not tripping over. 

Eventually, Wendy found herself at the edge of a large crater, still smoking in some parts. If she squinted through the cloud of dust, the Dragon Slayer could make out a pink blob of... something. Looking to the side, she could see a defined trench of shattered trees and earth leading to the crater. Wendy turned up to watch the stars, 'Did you.... come from there?' She thought, hazel brown eyes staring at the pinpricks of light dotting the sky.

Before Wendy could make a decision, she heard the sound of snapping branches and twigs. Looking to the other side of the crater, she could see a large green monkey-like creature with stylized hearts on its arms. A Vulcan, she realized with a flinch. Evidently she hadn't been the only one to notice the explosion. 

Thankfully, it didn't notice her, instead bending down to examine the edge of the crater. Wendy took this opportunity to hide behind a bush, watching as the large primate poked at the dirt, making confused grunting noises as it did. This grunting turned into panicked screaming as a pink beam of light shot out from the center of the crater. 

Wendy gaped in horrified confusion as the Vulcan turned into a bar of chocolate before her very eyes. "What?" She whimpered, shaking with fear. Her fear only increased as a bright pink hand stretched out and grabbed the chocolate, before shoving it into a mouth full of elongated teeth.

No seriously, What?

The bluenette was genuinely considering the notion that she was dreaming, seeing the creature standing before her.

It was a short, humanoid being that greatly resembled a young boy around Wendy's age. Standing at a height of 4'9 - barely the same size as her - his bare and lean muscled torso was fairly normal, albeit instead of a normal color he had bubblegum-pink skin. On his forearms were black bracers while his round, youthful face had demonic red eyes with black sclera. Poking out from his fluffy-looking, neck length pink hair was a short antenna.

On his lower half was a set of baggy white pants, the belt of which had a strange, cursive 'M' on it. His feet were covered by pointed black shoes. As he rose up from the crater, the pink boy yawned, showing his large, pointed teeth. Wendy watched as the creature rubbed his eyes like a drowsy child, before looking around with an expression of innocent curiosity.

Overall, he looked like a mostly human boy with pink skin and an antenna. Even still, Wendy kept herself hidden, hoping beyond hope that he couldn't sense magic. Even just going by his own magic reserves alone, he could kill her in a heartbeat. She didn't dare move for fear of him hearing her.

The boy, meanwhile, was trying to get his bearings in order. He couldn't remember much of anything, not his name, or why he was here, in a smoking crater. He had been so hungry when he woke up, he turned that green thing into food. He didn't even know he could do that. He could sense the Ki of another being just outside the crater, but he didn't really care enough about that to investigate.

Wait, what was Ki? The pink boy tilted his head in confusion, before shrugging and going back to trying to figure out where he was. Looking around, all he could see was trees and bushes. A forest then, good to know.

The boy tried to remember something, anything that could tell him how he got here or who he was. He got nothing except the faint memory of a bright light then pain. Flinching slightly, the boy deliberated on what to do. He sat there for almost a minute in his thoughts before the feeling of the nearby Ki signature moving caught his attention. That's it, he could ask them where he was if they were sentient!

Snapping his head in the direction of the Ki signal, he quickly moved over to cut them off, looking like a pink blur to anything watching. Wendy jumped back as the pink boy suddenly appeared in front of her with a curious expression.

"Um, can you talk? Because if you can, could you tell me where I am?" The boy asked, holding out a hand. Wendy gaped at the boy, before forcibly calming herself down. If he's willing to talk, then he must have some sense of reason. "I-I uh-" She stopped and took a moment to chastise herself for stuttering, "Y-you're in the countryside of Fiore, near the Cait Shelter Guild." She answered with a nervous face, not being able to stop her stutter.

"I... don't know what those are." The boy said, rubbing his head. Wendy would have facepalmed had she not been so terrified right now, of course he wouldn't know what she was talking about! He was probably an alien, for goodness' sake! "Then again, I can't seem to remember anything right now." The boy frowned. "I think not being able to remember your own name is a bad thing."

Wendy blinked at the strange, incredibly powerful boy before her. The same one that created a giant crater just by falling if she assumed right, had more magical energy than any human she's ever met, turned a Vulcan into a chocolate bar of all things, and could move faster than she could track. The same boy who apparently had amnesia.

'I REALLY should have gone back to bed.' She bemoaned internally, before clearing her throat, getting the alien boy's attention. "M-maybe we should start over. I-I'm Wendy Marvell." She nervously held her hand out to shake, to which the boy stared at it for a second before grabbing it. Wendy took the initiative and shook it a few times before letting go, quickly pulling back her hand. He had a really strong grip.

Although this strange boy frankly confused and terrified her, he didn't seem to know what to do with himself and looked like he needed help. And Wendy Marvell was someone who couldn't ignore a person in need. This boy's amnesia made her slightly less scared of him, sympathy instead taking up her thoughts.

"Wendy Marvell..." The boy repeated the name with a thoughtful expression, putting a finger to his chin. He scratched his head, looking slightly sheepish "I... " He began "Don't remember your name?" Wendy finished, getting a nod. As she said this, the alien boy felt a sudden rush of memory hit him. 

"Wait!" He shouted with wide eyes, making Wendy jump "I remember now! My name is...." He paused "Is Majin Buu." The Sky Dragon Slayer looked at the now-named Majin Buu, seeing his smile at finally remembering something, and smiled herself. "Well then, it's nice to meet you, Buu!" Wendy nodded, before an idea struck her.

"Say, Buu..." She started, getting his attention.

"Yeah?"

"You don't remember anything right?" Wendy asked to which Buu nodded "Nothing except my name." 

The bluenette pointed to the blue mark on her right shoulder, resembling a stylized cat. "Why don't you join Cait Shelter?" She proposed. Seeing Buu's confused look, Wendy elaborated "Cait Shelter is my Guild. A Guild is a group of Mages - people that use magic - that take on various jobs like monster hunting, body-guarding and a lot of other things." She explained.

"That sounds neat." Buu remarked.

"It is! Although my Guild isn't the most well-known or powerful." Wendy admitted, looking down sheepishly. But she quickly looked back up "But don't let that deter you! Cait Shelter is my family, there's nothing I wouldn't do for them. And Master Robaul is really smart so he might know how to cure your amnesia!" This made Buu perk up. 

"I could... remember who I am?" He said hopefully.

"Maybe, but there's really no way of knowing." Wendy replied, making Buu put a hand to his chin in thought. He stood like this for a long moment. "I suppose I'll go with you. Not like I have much else right now." He shrugged, getting a smile from Wendy. 

"Great! Let's get you to the Guild Hall so you can join!" She grabbed his hand and started pulling him back the way she came. They walked for about five feet before Wendy realized what she was doing and pulled her hand back with a blush. "Ah! Sorry, I should have asked first!" She squeaked, embarrassed.

"It's fine." Buu waved her off, honestly enjoying the feeling. They continued their walk, Buu moving under his own power this time. "I can't wait for everyone to meet you! I still can't believe I found a..." She stopped as she realized that had no clue what Buu actually was, other than her theory that he was an alien.

"Buu, do you know what you are?" She turned to look at her new pink friend, "What I am? Does it really matter? I'm just Buu." He concluded, making Wendy ponder on his words. She giggled "I suppose it really doesn't matter, does it?" The brown-eyed girl looked up at the stars above them. "But as I was saying, everyone's gonna love you! Though Carla might-"

Wendy froze halfway through her sentence as the realization hit her. 'Oh God, Carla's going to flip when she hears what happened.' She paled, not noticing Buu giving her a concerned look.

(Wazzup cunts! I'm BACK with a new story involving a teeny tiny fragment of our favorite pink psychopath Majin Buu!

Now, first things first, why is Buu not killing everything in sight, even if he has amnesia? He is a being of Pure Evil after all. 

Well, when Goku hit him with the Spirit Bomb, it purified him so that when he reincarnated, he would be good. Hence Uub. The same thing happened here, except with a small fragment of Buu instead of the whole thing. But don't worry, just like with Uub, Kid Buu is still in there. And he's waiting...

The reason he's still a bubblegum-man is because A - I wanted him to stay like that - and B - the interdimensional travel fucked with the reincarnation a little, so he's more akin to a half-human, half-Majin type being. Is that bullshit? Yes. Is it what I'm going with? Also yes.

Now since he's half human AND only a miniscule piece of Buu, he's nowhere close to being HALF as strong as the original. He's still plenty powerful, so expect some Majin Buu Bullshittery in the future, but this version would probably get killed by Kid Goku. And not even the one from GT, I'm talking OG series Kid Goku. 

As for Wendy sensing magic from him? Well, Buu is an entity purely made of magic, kind of like an Etherious Demon now that I think about it. So he still shows up on a Mages radar, it's just that he uses Ki to actually fight. 

Now I think that's everything, so please leave some criticism, be as harsh as you need to be. Fuck knows I need some writing advice...

That being said, I will ignore any flames or illogical reviews. With that out of the way, enjoy!) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0