Chapter 5.2: The Unintended Hero
424 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Zephyrath POV)

 

I need to make sure the Guild owes me a ton of favor from now on. If I manage it well, all of it’s information. ... Kekeke. HAHAHAHAHA. 

*shivers

What was that? Why did I feel shivers?

*looks sideways.

.....................

 

Well, nevertheless, 

Now with this, I have a prime opportunity to gather information. The more they are indebted to me, the more I can access their private information. 

 

Now, let's move on to the practical test awaiting me. 

If I fail here, my provisional guild card would be taken away from me. And if I succeed, it will be turned into an authentic one with the stamp of the instructor. 

 

The room was packed with weapons and training dummies, and right in the center stood a towering man with a mane of dark hair all over his chest but none on his head. And muscles that could rival a gorilla's.

"I am Dastraian. But For You All, I am Major Dastraian, Understood!?”

 

“Yes Major Dastraian!”

“Good, I will be the one in charge of the test. It's a simple one, really. All you've got to do is land a hit on me, and you're good to go. Even though it is so simple, no one is able to get that done in their first try. I wonder why.”

Everyone around me slumped hard as soon as they heard the requirements.

 

“Oh, and if you don't have a weapon, feel free to borrow anything from within the room."

No worries on my side, as I've got the sword my grandmother gave me.

 

I proudly unsheathed my sword.

Dastraian's eyes suddenly locks onto my sword. 

"Now, that's a fine-looking blade. Let's get this show on the road with you first."

“Sure thing.”

“Haah?!”

“I said sure thing.”

“Where is your yes major Dastraian.”

“I have this potion that my Old man taught me, It is capable to regrow any lost hair if the procedure is followed for a month.”

“What?! ....seriously?”

“As a fellow man, I can understand having your wife leave you for your hair.”

“Don’t talk as if you already know everything! Let’s test your mettle, let’s see how much of you is just talk.”

 

Since the test is straightforward, I planned to stick to using my sword and leave the fancy magic tricks aside.

 

The clash was on, pitting my awesome sword style against Dastraian's beefy fists. I called my sword the "The Chaos Blade," a perfect fit for a wannabe evil guy like me. 

It had a wild design, all curved and jagged. Hs this chaos-like thingy on it’s handle. But what made it really cool was its power to soak up mana and boost it’s sharpness, lessen it’s weight and concentrate my own energy.

 

With a mischievous grin, I struck a pose, ready at any time. 

Dastraian, towering in front of me like a mountain, flexed his bulging muscles. 

 

But, I guess he didn’t know that I have a hidden self, a strength that far surpasses my present self. An auto attack mode, my childish self.

 

The battle started with a flashy swing of my Chaos Blade. Its jagged edge sparkled as it felt slicing through the space of air. I went straight for Dastraian's side. However, he dodged it with nimble movements and counterattacked immediately. I somehow managed to block it with the wide part of the sword, but was thrown quite aback.

 

“What happened? Were you all just talk as I suspected?” 

 

I readied my sword again. I wasn't going to back down. But then, front on fight is not completely my thing as well. I kept on attacking, unleashing a series of calculated strikes, each one packed with several of my calculations. 

 

And after the 21th strike. My calculations were complete.

 

Dastraian, seemed impressed by my determination, he fought back with his fists of fury. His every punch came like thunder, shaking the room with it’s power as I was thrown, dancing away, somehow managing to stand on my foot again. 

 

There was a reason I named my blade Chaos Blade. Indeed it has those few perks that I said before that are awesome in it’s own aspect. But more than that, it’s the only sword that can control my childish self that my Grandmother saw when she seriously engaged with me everytime, or so she says.

 

What went on after that was a continuous study of theory completely made by my the hard work of my Grandmother, The Old man and his wife. 

 

The theory which will support the unleash of my childish self for a fixed amount of time, with certain dedicated fixed circumstances, accomplishing which, it will return me back to normal. 

 

And to accomplish that feat, was this Chaos sword. 

 

I smiled inwardly, hoping he doesn’t die. I relaxed my body, and undid my posture.

 

“What happened? Tired already? So will you give up for now?”

 

“Haha—hahaha—hahahahahaha. Give up? Who will give up? I will give up? ....Why?”

 

What went next was an undoing of my childish self and immediately a restrain put forth by my sword on the basis of my calculations. I became more and more sub-conscious, till the point where all felt like a dream.

 

In that dream, Dastraian’s face went from impressed to pressured to fearful.

Even though my eves should be looking at what my body was doing, I felt like I could see everything at everytime. Ah, he is about to use some sort of a sharp object, something to cause me unconscious?

 

But before he could somehow get to the point of inflicting it to my body, he found it already struck to his own body.

 

What went next was his lower body slumping down, legs losing all it’s strength, and he was now sitting on his legs, with his head held up looking at me about to behead him.

 

“NOOOOOOOO!!!”

 

Suddenly I came back to my conscious.

 

“Haaah. ... Haaah ... Haaah. Instructor will this be my victory then?”

 

As if finding out that his death was avoided, his body let go of his consciousness.

He loses consciousness while in that posture.

Other instructors in the room were all terrified.

 

I slowly pulled in my sword into the scabbard and asked the looking instructors to help him away.

 

The room fell silent as they saw the undefeated instructor Dastraian slowly being picked up with a face filled with a mix of fear and pride. 

 

"You've passed the test, I apologize to you on the behalf of instructor Dastraian. Here this will be the stamp for your pass.”

 

“TO EVERYONE! 

Any more assessment scheduled for guild recruits will be off for today, you will be assessed again tomorrow. Please go home.”

 

Other exam-takers present there were like paralyzed on their spot. They came to their self after sometime. Maybe for them, all of this must have also felt like some sort of a dream. A very very long dream. 

 

A dream where an instructor was almost killed in assessment.

6