08 – Unexpected Meeting.
1.3k 21 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV - Jay/Bronya

As I was sleeping, I felt the sun on my face before covering my head with my blanket. Let me sleep for ten more minutes, please.

However, even though I tried to sleep more, my mind felt awake. It feels like I'm forgetting something...

As I tried to remember, the sudden sound of keys trying to open the door surprised me.

I fly up, summoning Bunny, ready to destroy whoever's trying to invade my room... My... Room?

This... Isn't my house... Yes, that's right. I'm Bronya.

The door opens, but I quickly go out through the window before they can see me.

Everything comes back to me. After escaping the AST, I waited to get pulled back, but it never happened.

Since my princess-like dress was too noticeable, I walked through the city's alleyways until I came to a hotel that seemed quite easy to sneak into and hide in.

Finding an empty room was easy, and they were quite tidy. I looked around until I sat on the bed to gather my thoughts, but after finally being free and meeting the protagonist, the soft bed took away all of my tension, and before I knew it, I was falling asleep.

It was the first time I slept normally in a while... I keep noticing how normal things like sleeping and eating have become unusual for me... This can't be healthy.

It is a new day, yet the situation remains the same... I can't use too much energy at once, or my power could be detected by those mecha girls, but creating something like this should be fine.

Creating clothes doesn't seem hard, but without a clear image of what I want, it feels like it will not end as expected. Maybe the clothes will be too big or not symmetrical...

I considered starting with a simple white shirt, but as I saw what the people walking down the street were wearing, I became inspired.

With a short burst of light, the clothes were created. They were in my hands and seemed to be just the right size for me... Somehow, it was easier than making ice cream...

The problem now is finding somewhere to chang- Wait... What?

... I saw some students walking by wearing clothes similar to what Shido was using and thought it would be the perfect disguise... But somehow I'm already dressed in another uniform that is identical to the one I am holding.

Since I got curious, I did some experiments with my powers and quickly discovered that this dress can already change forms by itself, so I didn't need to make clothes... Perfect for a spy mission; that's convenient. It would have been nice to know that sooner, but anyway, it's time for me to infiltrate human society!

...

"Here you go, your strawberry ice cream is ready."

"Thank you, Bronya needed this."

"Oh, you are such a cutie~"

The ice cream lady pats my head. I feel slightly offended since she's treating me like a kid, but the ice cream is good, so I let it slide. I say goodbye to her before going my way.

Aah... This is heaven...

At first, I was feeling bad about using my power to get stuff for free. Making money is easy to the point that it's scary... But when I found the ice cream store, it was impossible to hold back.

"Ah, who is that girl? She's cute. Is she a first-year?"

"Maybe she is a transfer student."

While I was walking, I overheard some girls chatting about me. From the familiar uniform, they are students... It would be trouble if they discovered I'm not really a student, so I finished my ice cream and ran away from them.

I discovered a place with few people and instantly realized why... A destroyed school... A reminder of what happened yesterday... Maybe I should try to keep damage to my surroundings to a minimum... Whatever, I don't want to think about the AST right now.

I was about to leave when I felt a weak pulse of energy. I summoned Project Bunny in a hurry to protect myself, but nothing happened.

Luckily, Bunny has invisibility, so it didn't cause a scene... This unknown energy came from inside the destroyed school, and it's different from what the Mecha Squad uses... If anything, it's closer to... My energy.

"... Is that another spirit?"

I can't hold back my curiosity; I want to meet with them. 

Jumping over the rubble, I scan the place, but I can't find anyone else around... The destroyed school really shows how those fights were real. Anytime I came back, everything was fixed, so I didn't think much about the destruction I caused...

While I was feeling down, another burst of energy rushed over me. I hurried to the area it came from, only to not find anything again... And that was pretty bad.

This pulse was apparently coming from where I'm standing, so I waited, hoping it was not what I thought it was.

Unfortunately, that energy once again erupted... From the empty space in front of me.

The spirit wasn't here, but it's arriving here!

The problem is the destruction that will follow... A spacequake, right?

The city will become evacuated, and then the AST will arrive... Why now? I'm finally free from all of that... I do not want to lose this now!

I don't know what would work to stop it, so I tried using Project Bunny to create a shield to hold it back, but it wasn't enough... As I continued to try different things, one method worked particularly well.

When I tried to use the same pulse against it, the energy was weakened; this means I can neutralize the first burst of energy by firing another similar energy pulse at it, dissipating both. With victory in sight, I kept going.

It worked well at first, but those bursts were slowly becoming more frequent and stronger. It wasn't to the point where it was hard, but it certainly became annoying because it was taking a while to stop.

One minute, then two, then five, then ten minutes pass... Just when I started to wonder if it wouldn't stop... The biggest energy surge appears, and...

"Guh!?"

... A bright flash of light came with it. I wasn't ready, so that really felt like getting hit by a flashbang. And IT HURTS!!!

Even through my anger and surprise, I still managed to match the pulse, quickly dissipating not only the energy but also the light. And it seems like it finally stopped... I was about to go crazy.

I rubbed my eyes to get rid of the irritation, and when I opened them... I saw someone where that light came from...

A girl with very long, dark purple hair and crystal-like dark purple eyes. She is wearing a black dress, adorned with plated armor.

Her eyes lay on me before she grabbed something behind her. It looks like a throne, but then she pulls out a broadsword from it...

"You guys were fast today... Can't you just leave me alone?"

What does she... Does she think I'm with the AST?!

"Bronya is not part of the AST."

"... Bronya?"

"Bronya's name is Bronya."

She somehow seems similar to Shido...

"... You talk weird."

"..."

... I was worried she might attack, but now I'm worried the one who will start fighting is me.

What a headache...

Somehow, it didn't take two months! Hurray!!!

Honestly, I might have been able to get this done in one week, but I kept getting ideas for new stories and couldn't concentrate...

Please tell me if there are any mistakes, because I honestly feel like there are but just can't find any.

And as always, thanks for reading!

63