Oblivion
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There once was an empire, not far nor near. Unpunished for its crimes and filled with evil, Monsters hiding behind painted skin.

And in that empire was a kingdom with a king who fell in love with an accursed creature and fell into an abyss of despair. He found out about its foulness and slayed the darkness that had begun swallowing his land.

There was also a lonely, lonely man, cursed to roam this earth as a fiend for eternity. This fiend went hand in hand to create an oath of a hundred years with the most heartless creature roaming the land. Creating what was never meant to be.

Then there were two siblings. One with a fair head on its shoulders and another with an oblivious one.

The fair-headed took charge of the vile and filthy land they were destined to rule and the oblivious took part in the vile and filth that it was filled with.

Yearning for something out of reach is outright stupid. And yet, we leave behind what we have to chase those things. The earth is a heaven and a hell. It is a reward and a punishment.  Why can't you understand? It is not something you can change.  You may have hell and they may have heaven. They may be rewarded for your deeds and you may be punished for theirs. If you want your own reward, your own heaven then you must snatch it.

Grow powerful enough to protect it.

Else, there will be one the same as you. Desperately trying to earn its own happiness, stealing yours and everyone else's.

This land filled with filth is no better than the jungle.

It is worse.

The strong eat the weak, the weak eat the weaker.

So many deceit and lies. Was it all worth it in the end?

Did you find your heaven?

Or was snatching theirs not enough?

 

A decade seems so long, yet the years feel more shorter.

If you close your own eyes, if you pretend you can't hear, will you be alright? Safer?

If you can't see it, if you can't sense it, then it won't exist. Right?

No. It won't. 

Like repeating a nightmare over and over again, it will replay in your head. Day feel like minutes, minutes like years. What was the point? Whether it be eternal sleep or eternal death. Where is the difference? How dare the hideous fiend fall in love? How dare he create a life that never asked to be created?

How dare the vile king slay the righteous fairy? How dare he tarnish such pure land?

How dare you yearn for something that was never true? Why? Why did you believe everything they wove for you?

How could you give away your own heaven in exchange for their hell?

Was everything true or false, did he remain as oblivious as he was?

Monotonous eyes looked back at him, making a promise of an eternity. 

Nobody asked for your crown. You can dorn it in your head. Keep your poison and keep your schemes. Keep it all to yourself. This land is yours to rule and control.

Take back your crown and stitch back your head.

Take back your blood and awake from your death.

Wake up your dog, or not and leave him be. Catch my hand and come home with me.

I never asked for your crown so take it back, please. Take it back o' fair head and let me stay as oblivious as I can be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There once was a fair kingdom away from the darkness looming above. A fair king who was bewitched by evil.

And there was a lonely, lonely man proclaimed as a king. Cursed to be alone forever, the only one of his kind. So, he took an oath with a witch. Soon, they both fell into eternal slumber after giving birth to thirteen offspring.

1