August 5
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today reminded me again of how awful this world is. Earlier I felt like going downtown to shop for new clothes, and I was once again made to take the train. I was on the Brown line and stopped near the area close to Harold Washington Library. It seemed like there was some technical problem delaying the train. While waiting, I looked out the window. Under the tracks, I saw a woman running out of an alleyway. She was dressed in black business clothes. Even from a distance, I could tell that there were bruises on her face. A skinny man walked up behind him and snapped his fingers. The woman suddenly convulsed and fell to the ground like she was having a seizure.  I saw a bright blue glow coming out of some ring or taser on the tip of his finger. He grabbed the convulsing woman by the legs and dragged her back into the alley.

 

I went to Macy’s and only grabbed a pair of heels. I browsed the store for twenty minutes and then left. I’ve seen violence in this city, but this one incident disturbed me for some reason. Early in the morning, I saw a small shining star in this dark place called Oak Lawn. But as soon as I went into the city, I was hit again with a glimpse of reality. Someone needs to clean the filth off these streets. In my own motel room, I feel in power, but out here, I’m powerless. Maybe, one day, It won’t be like that. Maybe one day I’ll crush all the rats under my boot.

0