Chapter 11 – And So, We’re Off!
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Immediately, the seven deadly sins all stand up from the crowd.

“This case is over!!” LUST of the Seven Deadly Sins -  "Amor" Viola.

“AND WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU START OFF WITH THAT!?” - WRATH of the Seven Deadly Sins - “Beast Tamer” Jules.

Viola continues, “Free the other two from detention. We’re throwing a welcome party!”

“FOOD!!!” Frei screams.

“...Tsk...Waste of money.” Love replies.

Moments later…

The stale and professional environment of the courtroom now has blaring music, and people eating and dancing joyfully. Kenzo and Viola are having a very competitive drinking contest.

“This is great! You should’ve told us you guys know Jirocho! We could’ve skipped all that mess!! Anyone who’s friends with him is friends with us…..WAAAAAAAAAH, I MISS HIM!!” Viola drunkenly cries.

“Don’t mind her, she gets like that whenever she thinks about The Orphan Express.” Love retorts.

“The wha?” Lando replies.

Sigh…Kids these days, you seriously have never heard of the infamous gang of orphans? I can’t stand millennials.” Love scoffs.

“I thought that was just a myth! She was part of that!?” Lando exclaims.

“Chihihi!! We all were. There used to be ten of us orphans instead of just seven. We were led by “Oyabun” Jirocho, “Ma” Baker and Lucky “Smooth.”

“Those are some big names!! Are you lying?” Lando replies.

“Shut up brat. You should speak to ladies with respect!” Love exclaims.

“WAAAAAH!! NOW JIROCHO HAS GONE OFF WITH THAT HARLET KATE AND STARTED A GANG OF HIS OWN! WAAAAAAH.” Viola cries.

“Well why did you disband?”

“I’m not sure myself. It was weird. Jirocho came back from a really long expedition. He had such a cold look on his face, like his soul had been dragged out of him. He left with Kate and never came back. A few years went by and we saw “The Zakuya” all over the news.” Love asnwers.

“That gang is terrifying, I heard each one of them has the strength of an army.” Lando replies.

“His gang is called The Zakuya huh? That’s my family name. Jirocho’s so weird hahahahaha!” Manya giggles.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!!??” Viola and Love scream in unison.

The seven deadly sins all stare at him.

“Uuuuh yeah…My names Zakuya Manya!”

The entire room begins shaking in disbelief and the music suddenly stops.

“ARE YOU UNAWARE OF JIROCHO’S FULL NAME!!??” Viola screams.

“No? Guess I never asked.”

“YOU IDIOT! HIS FULL NAME IS ZAKUYA JIROCHO!!!” Love replies.

“Oh? Funny coincidence haha!”

Lando is at a loss for words, staring at Manya with his jaw dropped. Kenzo is asleep from drinking.

Manya continues, “Anyway forget that. Why the hell is the judge-baby DJing now?!”

He points to the high chair at the front of the court. The baby that was previously judging them mercilessly, is now making sick beats on a mixer.

“Oh that’s Baby Gus. Don’t question it, he's a natural genius since he’s the grandson of Albert Apfel.” Love responds.

“Oh come on, now you gotta be lying. First you tell us that you were all part of the legendary Orphan Express and it was led by some of the greatest gangsters in the world. And now you’re trying to tell me that you know the super genius Albert Apfel?” Lando chips in.

“Yes.” she replies.

“Be for real!!” He screams.

“I am. He designed the One-Way Transport System.

“Prove it! Where is he?!

”He left a while ago. Remember how I said there used to be ten of us? Well one of the missing three is in Sepentria right now. He’s King’s older Brother. The other two are a pair of twins. They were actually Apfel’s apprentices. Those brats are always running off and getting into trouble. This time however, they haven’t returned. Albert Apfel has gone after them.”

“I see. I thought Lucky “Smooth” is really strong, why can’t he just deal with it?”

“Pfft. He doesn’t even know. He’s on tour right now and we’d rather not disturb him. If he knew he’d abandon his tour and come running to help.”

“Sounds like a great guy.”

“He is. You’re getting kind of annoying now. Viola! Can we get these guys outta here now?”

“WAAIT! I didn’t just come here to get to Sepentria…I came to see you….I love you Love!”

“...What?”

“I’ve heard all about you, the infamous “Gold Digger” Love. You’re the ultimate thief. I wanna leave here with you. Let’s team u-”

“No.” She interrupts.

Lando’s jaw drops.

A lady has never rejected me before…” He ponders.

“B-but i have an idea for the ultimate heist! We can-”

“Shut up. Don’t care. Is that all?”

Lando immediately loses his spirit.

“I see.” He whimpers.

“Fiiiine. I’ll at least humour you. What's your Taint?”

He immediately regains his spark.

“I can make it rain anything. You name it, I can make it fall out of the sky. Pretty cool right?!” He scoffs, winking at Love.

“Eh not really. Besides, can’t you just make it rain money and not have to steal?”

“Well yeah but that’s not why I steal. It’s purely for the thrill. The adrenaline coursing through my veins. The ecstasy of taking something that’s not mine. That’s why I steal.” Lando smirks.

“Nah, we wouldn't work well together. I cheat and steal because I love money. There no point in-”

“Thief-guy!” Manya interrupts.

“Join me!!”

“Why would I wanna join yo-”

“Screw stealing something as worthless as money. I’m gonna take something worth way more. You can settle with your cute little heist if you want. But what’s a bigger haul…Then the world itself!

“You sound like a crazy person.” He replies.

“Kekekeke! Then go rob a bank! But I’m gonna conquer the world!!!”

A rush of excitement engulfs Lando’s nervous system.

“I-....Take me with you.”

The seven deadly sins watch the interaction carefully.

This kid…He kind of reminds me of him………” Love ponders.

“Then it’s settled!” Manya exclaims.

He lugs Kenzo over his shoulder. 

He continues, “So where is this transport system anyway?” 

“Love! Escort them to the entrance.” Viola orders.

“Uugh fine. Follow me.”

“No. I will take them.” King protests.

“What? Whatever, just make sure they get through safely.” Love replies.

***

 

A few hours later…

Exit B of the One-Way Transport System: Destination Sepentria.

A giant, transparent tube emerges out of the earth, stretching out into the horizon. At the point where the tube meets the ground a thick transparent door rests flush against it.

Manya, Kenzo and Lando are lined up in front of the door. King is stood behind them with a notebook in his hand, writing calmy.

“Alright Kenzo, you all sobered up?” Manya asks. 

“..Tsk..I was never even drunk, bastard!”

“Yeah, yeah. Lando! Over that rejection?”

Sniffle. I’m getting there.” Lando sobs.

“Then we’re off!!!”

“Wait a second.” King commands.

“Jeez, what now?”Manya replies.

King tears the page he was writing on out of the notebook. He walks up to Manya and stuffs the note down Manya’s pocket.

“That’s important. Make sure my brother gets it. Or you will face divine punishment.”


“And how the hell do you expect me to do that? I don’t even know your brother.”

“Don’t worry. He is almost as great as me, he will be hard to miss.”

“Eh? Whatever, I’m not making any promises though.”

Manya then adjusts the note to fit more securely in his pocket.

“Then we’re off, for real this time!”

King slams on a button and the entrance of the tube opens.

“It should be any second now…” King says, tapping his foot impatiently.

“What?” Lando enquiries.

Suddenly, a compact vehicle emerges from the underground part of the tube and stops abruptly right in front of the entrance. The vehicle opens up, giving them access.

“Keke! This must be our ride!” Manya giggles.

The three of them squeeze inside the vehicle. It is an extremely tight fit.

“Hmmmmm” Kenzo thinks, putting his hand to his chin.

“Kenzo, you good?” Lando asks.

“Yeah….Something just feels off. Are we forgetting something?”

“Yeah, now that you mention it…” Manya begins thinking too, rubbing his head.

King pulls a lever and the doors of the tube and vehicle slam shut.

“Whatever it's probably nothing.” Kenzo replies.

In the blink of an eye, the vehicle zips through the tube, heading straight to the northern continent, Sepentria.

***


Meanwhile at the back at the club…

Those bastards!!! Are they really not gonna come back for me!?” Jochi ponders, aggressively mopping the floor.

“Put some backbone into it!” The bartender exclaims.

0