CHAPTER 20
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[[ Notification: Congratulations, host, for completing the quest. Please check your rewards. ]]

The soft chime of the system’s notification echoed through Shen Tian’s brain.

Hearing that, Shen Tian’s eyes lit up as this signaled the completion of a grueling quest that spanned three days.

With joyous steps, Shen Tian skipped happily towards the house. He didn’t forget to leave some instructions for Shao Haoran, though.

“Shao Haoran, sorry to trouble you but can you bring the farm tools back to the shed? We’re done with the farm now so once you’ve done that, you can go back to the house to rest!”

Shen Tian didn’t wait for Shao Haoran’s response and went straight back to the house. His destination is the storage room as he knows full well that he can expect the rewards to be deposited there.

As expected, the rewards promised by the system materialized in the storage room. He examined the bounty before him – 50 sacks of rice, 50 sacks of potatoes, and an assortment of 10 vegetable seeds. A satisfied smile played at the corners of his lips, especially when he saw the vegetable seeds. After all, they represented not just sustenance, but the promise of growth and renewal.

With determination, he decided to himself that he will immediately plant the vegetable seeds tomorrow so that they can grow quickly and he can add fresh greens to his meals as soon as possible.

Speaking of meals, Shen Tian's thoughts then turned to a warm, home-cooked meal. With his newfound ingredients, he planned to craft a feast worthy of celebration.

Taking out the ingredients and various cooking tools, Shen Tian immediately went to work. In no time, the aroma of fried chicken, potatoes, and freshly cooked rice wafted through the air, mingling with the anticipation that filled the room.

“Is there anything I can do to help?”, Shao Haoran’s voice rang as he entered the kitchen with Baobao in tow.

“Yes, please set the table.”, Shen Tian responded. “We’re going to have a feast tonight!”

They settled at the table, conversation flowing seamlessly as they indulged in the savory delights before them.

"Thank you, Shao Haoran," Shen Tian began, his voice carrying a note of sincerity. "You’ve been a great help with the farm. I’m so happy that we were able to prepare the farm and plant the seeds within three days. I can’t believe just how fast we were able to complete the farming.”

Shao Haoran's lips quirked into a small smile, a glimmer of pride in his eyes. "It’s all thanks to my superhuman physique that doesn’t get tired as easily as normal humans. I’m happy to see the rice seedlings and potato seedlings planted on the ground too. I’m quite excited to see them ripen!”

“Me too!”, Shen Tian agreed without hesitation. “When the time comes, we’ll have another feast then!”

As the meal drew to a close, Shen Tian broached a topic that had been on his mind. "Are you planning to return to the base soon?"

Shao Haoran nodded. "Yes, I feel that my power is fully restored now. The forest journey back should pose no challenge."

With a warm smile, Shen Tian extended his well-wishes. "Then, travel safely, Shao Haoran. And remember, if any of your companions from the base want a safer haven, they're welcome here. I still have a guest room with two beds available."

Gratitude flickered across Shao Haoran's features. "Really? Then, I’ll keep that in mind. There may be people who are willing to migrate here.”

“But make sure to let them know that there’s only one guest room available now.”, Shen Tian reminded him. “If there are more people, they can bring a tent with them. I’ll just charge them for land use, with manual labor as payment instead of crystal cores.”

“Do you still have a lot of tasks that require manual labor around the base?”

“Yes, I do. I plan to make this safe zone a sustainable place to live in for survivors, and I’m just starting. I won’t be able to build this place on my own.”

“I see. I’ll be sure to bring in more people then.”

“That’d be greatly appreciated! Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to give you priority if anything good ever comes up!”

Shen Tian and Shao Haoran gave a toast to their newfound alliance.

As night fell, Shen Tian retired to his bedroom, a sense of accomplishment warming his heart. He hummed happily as he sat in his bathtub, soothing his body from the accumulated fatigue of the three days of physical labor he just experienced.

In the guest room, Shao Haoran diligently prepared for his return to the base. After packing what he needs to pack and making plans for the journey, Shao Haoran headed to bed, intending to rest fully so he can travel back to the base in good condition.

Both Shen Tian and Shao Haoran rested, ready to embrace the dawn of a new day.

1