Chapter 19: Advances
356 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That’s about the gist of it,” Sylvia concludes crossing one arm over the other in a pleased fashion. “It’ll take some time but the results will be highly impactful.” 

“So what do you want to do first?” Drew asked. 

“Do you guys all have your Intergalactic Licenses?" 

Elias leaned back on the sofa and scoffed. "Yes. Why?" 

"We first need to gather some funds. Being the 39th Princess, I don't receive as much money or support as the other Princesses so we'll need to find other means of obtaining cash." 

Wan gasped.

"You don't mean..."

"That's right," Sylvia continued, "We're going to have to take some Requests from the public. There are tons of easy ones that pay well and I have some in mind which don't require us to leave Ozwarth." 

>>>

As a short reminder, if a person possesses an Intergalactic License, which they can receive upon becoming F-Class Genetic Warriors, they are granted permission to take on Requests (formerly called 'missions') issued out by the public. These Requests are then gathered into one place called the Requests Center where Genetic Warriors (Intergalactic Warriors) can freely take them and earn some sort of compensation if completed. The compensation doesn't just come in the form of money it can also come in the form of Genetic Regiments, Techniques, Artifacts basically anything one could think of with the exception of a few things. However, Genetic Warriors are restricted by the type of Requests they can take depending on their Class. For instance, an F-Class Genetic Warrior cannot take on a Request which requires killing Genetic Beasts until they become D-Class Genetic Warrior as it would lead to the instant death of the F-Class Warrior. Therefore, Genetic Warriors can only take on Requests suitable for their Class until they become stronger to take on higher Requests but there is an exception. If a Warrior collects enough Request Points, basically merit points, the Points can be used to dictate whether a Warrior of a Lower Class is suitable to take on Request of a Higher Class but even though someone may have enough Points, it still requires permission from the Request Center in order for that person to take on that Request. 

>>>

"Okay," Drew agreed immediately, "but if that's the case, what is our goal before we begin on the actual project?" 

"The goal for Phase 1 is to raise $5000 Kalas before the Winter Semester starts. Once that is achieved, we can move on to Phase 2." 

"Sounds good with me." Elias smiled turning to Drew and Wan. 

"Works with me," Wan added while fiddling with one of her pigtails. "So when do we start?" 

"How about tomorrow. We can head over to the Request Center at around nine so let's met at the station at eight-thirty. Are you three okay with that?" 

"Sure. Fine with us, it's not like we have anything planned before the Academy begins," Elias replied. "What do we get in return for serving you?" 

"From each Request that is completed, you will be able to take 30% compensation until the goal for Phase 1 is complete. I will also be doing the same so it's only fair. As for the rest, I will figure that out along the way." 

"How do we know that you will not embezzle those funds collected?" Wan asked. 

"Do I seem like the kind of person who can afford that in my situation?" 

"Not exactly..." Drew answered adjusting his hat on his head. 

Even though the trio had met Sylvia today and her motives seemed genuine, they couldn't exactly trust her for sure. However, Drew had a feeling that cooperating with the Princess would bring the trio tremendous benefits, that is, if everything goes according to her plan. Their reason for working with her was because they shared a similar opinion, mindset, like her, to help the public. They reflected on their own situation and compared it to that of others living in Ozwarth only to realize that they are more fortunate than most citizens. If they went along with this plan, they could help millions, trillions, of people and gain some self-satisfaction for doing a good deed. It may take a while but it will have a tremendous impact. 

"Any other questions?" 

Drew glanced at Elias and Wan who were shaking their heads from side to side. 

"No." 

Sylvia was satisfied. Maybe this War of Royals won't be as bad as she predicted. 

"Very well, we'll meet up at the station at nine tomorrow." 

"Wan," Elias nudged. "You better not wake up late." 

"Fine," She groaned. "I'll set my alarm." 

Drew held out his hand. 

"We have a deal." 

>>>

The next day, the trio met up with Sylvia at the station. The first sun, a glowing orange sun, had risen halfway in the sky while the second sun, a smaller red sun, had begun to rise in the sky. White powder had piled up even higher from the day before, now going up to Drew's knees. Drew felt as though he was trudging through mud with every step he advanced towards the station, the warmth emitting from his body melting the snow partially. To think that a Snowhawk hybrid like Drew was behind obstructed by snow! What a joke! Then again, he hadn't awakened his Snowhawk bloodline yet. Looking over his shoulder, he noticed that Elias wasn't doing any better, he had fallen flat on his face, ten steps behind, trying to take another step in the thick snow. 

"Dude, you okay there!" Drew hollered over to Elias who was trying to push himself up. 

Elias raised his arm. 

"Asm oshkahy. (I'm okay)" He signaled lifting his face off the ground, leaving an imprint in the snow. 

"You sure?" Drew asked with concern. 

"Yeah," he replied shaking off the frozen fractals from his hair. "We're almost at the station." 

"Hey! Over here!" A female's voice called from the entrance of the station. It was Wan. 

Besides her, Sylvia was leaning against the wall, awaiting Drew and Elias's arrival. 

Drew and Elias trudged the remaining distance through the snow.

"You made it," Sylvia said stroking her red hair with one hand. 

"Can we not do this today? I'm already tired from walking through this thick snow!" Elias heaved placing his hands on his knees. 

"Come on!" Wan whined. "You don't even live as far as me from the station!" 

Drew sniggered, elbowing Elias in the gut. 

"She's got a point. Kind of pitiful for a guy who can handle triple recoil from a gun without flying backward." 

"That's the arms and the core! Not the legs you damn bird!" Elias spat wanting to punch Drew in the face. 

"Alright," Sylvia clasped her hands together in a scary fashion. "Enough of your bickering shall we get going?" 

"I don't think that was a question..." Elias mutter. 

"It wasn't..." Sylvia answered giving the trio an icy glare. "It was an order." 

"Scary." Drew murmured feeling a chill run down his spine, not from the biting cold though...

>>>

The group departed from Glass Road, taking a twenty-minute commute from there to Ozwarth's city center where the Requests Center was located. This was the beginning of a project that would change the Intergalactic Alliance, bringing welfare to people of all classes reducing inequality between those divisions which have lead society astray.

Arriving at the city center, the group had advanced to the Request Center an all-glass building located in the middle of at an intersection right across the station. The building was shaped like a pyramid, probably inspired by the ancient Egyptian civilization on Earth, with its glass walls converging together, creating the pointed tip of the pyramid. At the base of the pyramid, two steel pillars greeted them with birds perched on the top of each one.

Sylvia, who stood in the front of the group, glanced up to the peak of the pyramid. Drew took a glance at her. Her usually composed face broke out into a smile, one which Drew couldn't think she could pull off. It was genuine, radiant and it made him wonder when was the last time he smiled like that? Not one of sarcasm or joke but one of pleasure. 

"Let's go." 

Sorry stuff happened in real life so this short chapter was published later than scheduled.

 

 

6