Chapter 22: Star Military Academy Dorms
344 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later, it was time for the Academy’s move-in day. Drew was packing up the last of his belonging in Uncle Ryhard’s van since he couldn’t use his Compressed Armory which would draw a lot of suspicions. Yesterday, Drew had received confirmation from Star’s Administration Office that he has been approved for the Individual Study Program, making Drew realize how crazily efficient both Gerald and Admissions were. 

“So it’s finally the day,” Drew heard Elias as he shoved his last box into the trunk of the van. “We’re finally moving into the dorms!” 

Drew chuckled at Elias’s who was rubbing his hands with excitement. He was waiting for this day longer than anyone else and it finally came.

“The best part is, we get to come back home on the weekends since we’re close by.”

“Hey kids,” Uncle Ryhard interrupted. “That means you two get to do free laundry here instead of using Star’s expensive facilities.” 

“That is also correct,” Elias smirked waving his finger. 

Auntie clasped her hands together getting the three mens' attention.

“Alright gang, it's time to hit the road."

With that, the four hopped into the van and speed of the Star Military Academy. Glancing out the window as they passed the snow-covered buildings along the highway, Drew began to daze out. He had kept his promise. He was finally coming back to Star not as an employee but as a full-fledged student.

Twenty minutes later the group had arrived at a complex of multi-storied concrete buildings. In the parking lot, students were pulling their luggage and miscellaneous items out of their vans or cars, shoving them into various bins to move into the dorms. The dorm complex Drew and Elias were staying at was designated for all the first-year students. There were a total of seven different buildings each one labeled A through E. Drew and Elias were assigned to Building E, a seven-story building, where all the Low-Class Students were assigned to. Additionally, since they are Low-Class A Students, they were allowed to get the first choice on their room and roommates for their building. Unfortunately, even though they got the privilege to pick the room, Drew and Elias only knew each other so their last two roommates would be completely random.

Dumping their belongings into separate plastic bins, Drew and Elias, with the help of Uncle and Auntie Ryhard, made their way to Building E which was located at the other end of the parking lot. Arriving there, despite the facilities being old, Drew found the building quite nice for Low-Class students. He was honestly expecting it to be run down but what he saw blew away his expectations. The first floor had most of the major facilities for students to access including a small library, a computer room, some study and conference rooms, lockers for mail, a decently furnished lobby, and a receptionist desk for guidance. That wasn't all, as Drew and Elias made it onto their floor, which was the fifth floor, an all-guys floor, they were welcomed by a spacious community room with ping-pong tables, a place to hook up game consoles, additional study and conference room, and a community kitchen equipped with everything one could think of. From the kitchen, one could catch a glimpse of Star's entire campus, the various buildings surrounding it made it seem as if it were its own city. 

"Okay," Uncle Ryhard began looking at a holographic screen on his communication device while handing the teens their key cards. "So you two are in Room 505..." 

Looking at the signs, Drew found that rooms 501-510 were down the hallway to their right. Following the sign, Drew scanned each room's plaque, that sat adjacent to their wooden doors, for their room number. 501. 502. 503. 504. 505. 

"Here it is!" Drew called from halfway down the hallway waving his key card in the air. 

"How are you this fast?" Elias asked jokingly. 

Drew gleamed. 

"I'm a Scout so finding things quickly is my specialty." 

Elias laughed. 

"Well, I bet that you didn't find that the door was already open." 

Drew glanced over his shoulder, the door was open slightly. Someone must have come before them. Drew shrugged. 

"It must be the other person assigned to this dorm room." 

Pushing the door open, Drew and Elias saw two sets of bunk beds in the middle of the spacious room. One of them, on the top, was already occupied as there were already pillows and blankets resting on it. Against two of the walls, four white-painted, wooden desks with three drawers each and a shelf on top formed an 'L' shape two facing towards the only window in the room while the other two-faced the wall closest to the doorway. One of the desks had books, a lamp, and an alarm clock. It was very plain. On the other two walls were four wooden wardrobes, also painted white, with one side for hanging clothes and the other for folded cloths along with some drawers below for extra storage. It this was the kind of treatment Low-Class students receive, which is pretty good, what kind of treatment did the Genius Class receive? 

"Hey, this ain't bad." Uncle Ryhard commented looking at the room."You know, back in Auntie and my days this kind of room was meant for the High-Class students." 

"Really!" Drew exclaimed. 

"Then what was it like for the Lower Class during those times?" Elias questioned with a trace of astonishment. 

Auntie snickered. 

"The Lower Class back then had a run-down building where everything was broken. There was no AC, no properly functioning bathroom, the toilets flooded every other hour, and the wood on the beds was rotting. That's just to name a few. What you two have now is so much better than then."  

"I guess we are considered fortunate," Drew said folding his arms. 

Elias agreed as he shut the door behind them. 

"Definitely." 

"Well, it seems like one of your roommates is already here so let's unpack as quickly as possible," Auntie said pointing to the bins of Drew and Elias's stuff. 

"Okay," Elias nodded. "Hey Drew, let's rock, paper, scissors for the top or bottom bunk. If one of us loses, we have to take the top bunk." 

Drew cocked a sinister grin holding out his fist. At that moment, Elias knew he fu... no... regretted his decision. 

"How. Many. Rounds?" 

>>>

Some hours later, the duo had finished unpacking with Drew taking the bottom bunk and Elias taking the top. Uncle and Auntie Ryhard had just left the dorm a few minutes prior. The two suns had begun to set in the horizon.   

"I knew I shouldn't have done that..." Elias sighed to himself. He had utterly lost to Drew in that simple game.

"It's not that bad, man. It's just bunk beds." Drew smiled as he discarded some of his plastic bags. 

"Tell me that when you have to climb a ladder every night. How am I going to use the damn bathroom? What if I fall?" 

"Chill," Drew laughed watching Elias complain like a girl. "You can either hold it in or jump down. It's only 200 cm. With your physique, you're not going to die nor break a bone from that height." 

"I swear I'm going to piss on you if I have to." 

"Oh, you don't dare. I will beat you up." Drew threatened. 

"I'm kidding! I'm not that despicable." Elias chuckled. 

"Also," Drew interrupted, "why didn't you take the other bed, which is on the bottom on, the other side?" 

"I'm just being considerate to the other stranger who is going to be rooming with us for the next year." 

Drew rolled his eyes. 

"What a nice guy you are." 

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you very much," Elias said sarcastically. 

"Hey," A voice called from the doorway. "You must be the other people I'm rooming with this year."

It was a skinny guy around 170 cm with brown hair that was tied into a small ponytail and silver eyes that hid behind black plastic-framed glasses which went well with his casual indoor attire that consisted of a gray sweatshirt with Star's logo on it, skinny blue jean, and sneakers, not something a sane person would wear in the middle of winter. What's striking about him was the fact that he had tan skin a silver spiraled horn protruding from his forehead which was an obvious sign that he wasn't a Human.  

"Yeah, and you are..." 

"Rider. Rider Khan. I'm a Unicron." He said with a warm smile on his face as he held his hand out for a handshake. 

"Not a Unicorn?" Elias smirked. 

"Close," Rider laughed. 

>>>

Unicron's are another humanoid race, like Llelfs, who are native to Kraus. Prior to Human colonization, the Unicron's did not have a name for their race. The most common trait they have is their straight spiraled horns similar to the mythological creature from Earth's legends called the Unicorn, hence the name.

>>>

Drew accepted it and shook it firmly. 

"Drew Li, Avian. The pretty boy next to me is Elias. He's Human."

Elias was irritated.

"You didn't let me introduce myself!" He said to Drew as he shook Rider's hand. 

"Intriguing. It seems you two already know each other. How so?" Rider asked observing Drew and Elias's playful behavior as he shook Elias's hand. 

"Both of us were on the same Team for the Team Exam," Elias replied before Drew could speak. 

"Oh, interesting!" Rider exclaimed knowing that the Team Exam was difficult to pass. 

"How about you?" Drew asked. 

"I took the Standard Entrance Exam." 

"Nice, what Position are you?" Elias commented. 

"I'm a Medic." 

"From my knowledge, there aren't many here at Star. It's a rare Position." Drew said placing his hand on his chin. 

Rider thrusted out his arm in a 'voila' fashion.  

"It was tough but here I am. How about you two?"

"I'm a Scout." 

"Gunner." 

"I see. Those Positions are more common." He commented placing his hand on his chin. 

"What Class are you in, Rider?" Drew asked switching the topic quite abruptly. 

"Low-Class A Room 588. I guess you didn't know that most of the guys on this floor are in Low-Class A but in different classrooms." 

Elias shook his head. 

"We didn't." 

"Anyways, what room are you guys in?" 

"Room 589, we're just next door," Drew replied. 

"Aw, what!" Rider pouted. "You guys get the 39th Princess in your class. I'm jealous."

Elias cocked a brow.

"Why you put it that way?" 

"Cause my class doesn't have any Royals..." Rider said looking dejected, his eyes looking down on the ground. "We only have a stuck-up rich dude who's going to be our fourth roommate." 

"Who is he?" Drew asked. 

"I'm not sure who he is but from some rumors, I've heard his father runs some shady business down in Yerburn." 

"Whatever it is, it's best if we don't divulge into that. Who knows, we could end up dead if we get on his bad side." Elias added. 

"But we shouldn't be like everyone else and talk behind his back. Maybe he's a really nice guy. After all, we haven't met him yet." Drew said. 

As soon as Drew finished speaking, the door was pushed open and a guy, a towering 185cm, walked into the room with two luggages and a duffle bag. Ignoring his three other roommates, he placed his things near the only empty bed in the room before flopping down on the naked bed mattress without setting anything up, crossing one leg over the other in a comfortable manner, folding his hands behind his head, then closing his eyes. He was asleep. Taking a better look at him, Drew notice he wore a long black parka equipped with a fur hood that went up to his knees which had hidden most of his features except the black hair peeking out of his hood. Other than that, there was nothing else he could observe about him.

"I'm guessing this is him... he doesn't seem like a scary rich kid to me," Elias whispered slowly creeping closer and closer to his and Drew's side of the dorm. 

"He didn't even bother saying hello." Rider added shoving his hands in his pant pockets. 

"Let's give him some space. He probably had a long day, it's almost six after all. We can try talking to him later when he wakes up." Drew said patting both of them on their shoulders.

Elias sighed before brushing off Drew's hand. 

"Fine by me."

"Anyhow," Rider interjected changing the mood. "There's a dining hall on the first floor. Wanna grab some food there?" 

"Sure, I'm up for it. How about you, Drew?" 

"Why not," He shrugged. "We skipped lunch plus I wonder what dining hall food tastes like." 

"You seriously haven't had it before even though you were a cook and you lived in the Middle-Class Dorms?! What is this blasphemy?" Elias asked him.

"It's called being broke." Drew chuckled. "When you're poor, you have to save up. You have no idea, Elias." 

"Fair point, I did live a decently sheltered life." 

"For a pretty boy, I can see that." Rider added. 

"Drew, it's your fault that Rider is calling me that." 

"It's merely the facts." 

"I swear, if you see a bullet in the wall one of these days, you'll know why." Elias threatened, cracking his knuckles.

"I would like not to see my life flash before my eyes, thank you very much." 

"Now, now." Rider laughed. "Let's stop the arguing and head down. Especially you, pretty boy." 

Elias laughed with a hint of killing intent, "Rider, even though we've only known you for a few minutes, I'm afraid you have been added on to my blacklist along with that green-haired bird!" 

"Woah, dude chill!" Drew panicked flailing his hands up into the air as he tried to calm Elias. 

Meanwhile, as the three were bickering with each other like girls, the fourth roommate, who was trying to get his beauty sleep in, was thinking: What a nuisance...

Alright, short unrefined chapter. Next chapter, we will be discussing the different Classes at Star and more specifics regarding those Classes. I'm sorry if this story is progressing slower than desired but as mentioned earlier, there's a lot of world-building and character introduction I want to do before we pick up the pace. I can guarantee that some more interesting things will happen in a couple of chapters more business management, training, and maybe some thot slaying along the way. I will apologize in advance that we won't be seeing any dead monsters or bodies for some time but trust me, they will come.

 

 

 

7