Chapter 4
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Hana woke up with Roman's arms still wrapped tightly around her, his bare chest against her back. She could feel his slow breaths on her neck.

Carefully, Hana rolled over to look at him. Roman was sleeping deeply, his features relaxed. Hana took in every detail of his face - his strong jaw, the purple markings on his face. Even asleep he had a powerful energy that excited her.

Unable to stop herself, Hana softly touched his cheek. Her light touch made Roman's eyes open slowly. He seemed confused at first then smiled when he saw her.

"Good morning, Hana," he said in a gravelly just-woke-up voice.

"Morning," Hana replied, blushing a little.

Roman pulled her closer, stroking her hair and back. Hana nuzzled into his neck, breathing in his earthy scent.

For a while they just held each other, enjoying the feeling. The steady beat of Roman's heart soothed Hana. She wished they could stay like this forever.

But eventually Roman got a pained look on his face. "As much as I want to stay with you, I have duties as the leader of the Dark Signers to attend to," he said regretfully.

Hana understood. "The kids at the orphanage probably miss me too."

Roman tilted her chin up and kissed her forehead for a long moment. "Last night was incredible, but now we have to get back to our responsibilities."

"I know," Hana said sadly. She kissed him softly, trying to remember how his lips felt.

Reluctantly they got out of bed. Hana stretched, feeling a bit sore between her legs. They got dressed and Roman led her through the dim halls of the Dark Signer lair. Hana stayed close, occasionally touching his arm since she didn't want to lose all contact yet.

Stepping outside, Hana blinked against the sudden brightness and breathed in the stale, smog-filled air. Just a few blocks away, she could see the Daedalus Bridge stretching partially across the inlet dividing Satellite from New Domino City.

Hana turned to Roman, her eyes searching his. "When will I see you again?" she asked, unable to hide the longing in her voice.

Roman cupped her cheek, his thumb gently stroking her skin. "Soon, Hana. Very soon. I'll be waiting for you here."

Hana smiled at his words. "I'll see you soon then." She rose up on her toes and pressed her lips to his in a final, lingering kiss.

Roman wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close as he returned the kiss intensely. All the passion and desire from the night before reignited in that moment. Hana savored the feel of his mouth on hers and the taste of his lips.

When they finally broke apart, Hana's heart ached, not wanting this to be their last kiss. Looking up at Roman, she saw a matching yearning in his eyes.

"Go on," he said softly, releasing her from his embrace. "I'll be thinking of you until we meet again."

Hana stepped back slowly. Their hands clung together for a second longer before she forced herself to let go. She walked away but glanced back over her shoulder every few steps.

Roman stood unmoving where she had left him, watching her small figure retreat into the distance, his dark cloak flapping around him in the wind. Even from afar, Hana could feel his piercing gaze following her until she disappeared from view.

As Hana made her way home, broken sidewalks littered with trash and debris passed under her feet. In the distance, smoke billowed from factory smokestacks day and night, cloaking the streets in a perpetual haze. Makeshift houses cobbled together from scrap metal and plywood leaned against each other, as if hoping mutual support might keep them all from collapsing.

She passed a vacant lot filled with broken bottles and rocks, but it was the only playground around for the underprivileged children here. Their laughter rang out as they found ways to create games and fun despite their circumstances. The innocence of their play stood in stark contrast to the poverty surrounding them.

But the bleakness and economic divisions faded from Hana's mind when she was with Roman. None of the disparity between Satellite and New Domino City mattered when they were together. He made her forget the grim realities of this forgotten suburb.

After walking for a while, Hana came upon a small cafe tucked between two run-down apartment buildings. She decided to stop for a coffee before heading home.

Pushing open the creaky door, she stepped inside the dimly lit cafe. Only a few patrons sat scattered at the tables. The bitter aroma of coffee filled the air.

Hana walked up to the counter and ordered an espresso. As she waited, a familiar voice called her name.

"Hana! Over here!"

She turned to see Yusei sitting at a table in the back corner. He waved her over.

Smiling, Hana made her way through the maze of tables and sat down across from Yusei. His blue eyes studied her curiously.

"I haven't seen you since last night at the duel," he said. "I was worried when you disappeared after I defeated Roman."

Hana looked down, unsure of how to explain. Just then, the barista brought over her espresso. She took a sip, gathering her thoughts.

"Yusei, I...I followed Roman after the duel," she began slowly. "I felt this deep connection with him that I can't explain. When I caught up to him, I confessed my feelings. And he felt the same way."

Yusei's eyes widened in shock. "What? You and Roman?!"

Hana nodded. "We went to the old reactor site and spent the night together...and then we had sex."

Yusei's grip faltered, causing him to accidentally drop his coffee cup on the table. "You what?" he exclaimed, shocked.

Hana winced at the sound of the dropped cup and the shock in Yusei's voice. "I know it's crazy, but it happened," she said.

Yusei sat back, running a hand through his hair as he absorbed her words. Concern filled his eyes. "Hana, do you really know who Roman is? He's dangerous. I don't want to see you get hurt."

Hana shook her head. "You don't understand, Yusei. What we have is real. I've never been more sure of anything in my life. Please, just trust me on this."

"Hana, you can't be serious. You can't trust him. He's deceiving you. He's manipulating you. He's incapable of love. He can't love anyone," Yusei reasoned, attempting to discourage her.

"I understand that it's hard for you to believe, but I see a different side of him. He's not the dangerous man you think he is," Hana argued.

Yusei sighed. "Hana, I want you to be happy, but I can't ignore the danger. Roman is involved in something bigger than any of us can understand. His actions have consequences, and they could put you in harm's way."

Hana looked down. "I can't help how I feel, Yusei. I've never felt this way about anyone before. I know it's risky, but I have to follow my heart."

Yusei reached out and gently took Hana's hand in his. "Hana, you're like family to me. I don't want to see you hurt or caught up in something you can't control. I'll support you, but I can't just stand by and let you walk into danger blindly."

Hana looked up at him. "Yusei, I appreciate your concern, but I have to make my own choices. If there's a chance that Roman can change, if there's a chance for us to be together and find happiness, I have to take it. I'm willing to face the risks."

Yusei squeezed her hand gently, understanding the depth of her emotions. "Hana, I can't change your mind, but I'll always be here for you. If things get dangerous or if you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to me. Promise me that you'll stay safe."

"I promise, Yusei. Thank you for caring." Hana gave a small smile, grateful for his attempt to understand. She took another sip of espresso, her thoughts returning to Roman once more. She couldn't wait for their next secret rendezvous.

Hana and Yusei sat chatting for a little while longer as they finished their coffee. Despite Yusei's concerns, it felt good to confide in someone about her feelings for Roman.

Eventually Hana glanced at the clock on the cafe wall. "I should really get going," she said. "The kids at the orphanage are probably wondering where I am."

Yusei nodded understandingly. After Martha's sacrifice in the duel against Roman, Hana had taken on more responsibility caring for the children at the orphanage, which was also her home.

Hana said goodbye to Yusei. Stepping back out into the dreary streets, she made her way through the familiar winding alleys toward the orphanage.

When she arrived, the kids spotted her immediately and came running.

"Hana's back!" they cried happily.

Hana smiled and hugged them. "Did you miss me?"

The children nodded eagerly. She spent the next few hours playing games with them, helping the younger ones practice reading, and preparing dinner.

After dinner, Hana was tidying up the kitchen when she heard voices at the front door. She went to see Yusei, Akiza, Jack, Luna, Leo, Blister, Mina and Trudge filing into the dining room.

"Hey everyone, come on in," Hana said. "What brings you all here today?"

"We need to discuss our plans for defeating the Dark Signers," Yusei replied seriously.

Hana followed the group into the dining room. Yusei, Akiza, Jack, Leo and Luna took seats at the table. Blister leaned against the wall, arms folded, as Mina and Trudge stood nearby. Hana took a seat across from Yusei.

As they settled in, Trudge sighed heavily. "I can't stop thinking about Martha. I was right there, I should've grabbed her hand before she fell. It's all my fault," he said remorsefully.

Jack shook his head. "Don't blame yourself, Trudge. It was the Dark Signers' doing."

Yusei nodded solemnly. "They're responsible not just for Martha, but Rally, Blitz, Tank and Nervin too."

Hana spoke up gently. "I think we can get Martha back, and the others too. If we defeat the Dark Signers..."

Jack's violet eyes narrowed skeptically. "You really think we can bring Martha back?"

Hana nodded, hands clasped in her lap. "I know we can. Roman told me himself."

Leo's brow furrowed in confusion. "Roman? But how did you talk to him?"

Hana took a deep, steadying breath. This wouldn't be easy for them to hear. "During Yusei's duel, I felt...a connection with Roman. I can't explain it, but I was drawn to him."

She made eye contact with Yusei, whose expression remained neutral.

"After the duel, I followed Roman and confessed I had developed feelings for him. To my surprise, he felt the same way." Hana blushed but continued. "We ended up spending the night together."

Mina gasped, hand flying to her mouth. Murmurs of disbelief rippled through the group.

Luna and Leo exchanged wide-eyed glances, their faces flushing with embarrassment.

Leo wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Ewww, that old guy that was dueling Yusei last night?"

Luna's eyes widened in shock and she stood up abruptly. "But Roman is a Dark Signer! He's our enemy!"

Leo's expression mirrored Luna's. "Yeah, Hana! How could you do that with someone who wants to destroy us?"

Akiza remained quiet, but her eyes bore into Hana's with a mixture of disappointment and concern.

Hana's shoulders slumped as she looked down at her lap. "I know it's hard to understand, but Roman isn't just a Dark Signer to me. He's...different. He's not like the others."

Luna and Leo looked at each other, clearly not convinced. "But he's still a bad guy, right?" Luna asked suspiciously.

Hana sighed, realizing that it might take some time for the younger kids to understand her feelings. "Yes, he's a bad guy. But I believe that there's good in him too."

Luna and Leo still looked skeptical, but they didn't say anything else.

Jack stood up and said firmly. "Hana, we can't trust the Dark Signers. They're dangerous, and we can't let our guard down."

Hana looked up at Jack, pleading in her eyes. "I know that, Jack. But Roman isn't just a label. He's a person with feelings and emotions, and I care about him."

Blister spoke up, his arms still folded. "Hana, we're not saying that Roman isn't a person. But he's a person who's aligned himself with our enemies. We can't just ignore that."

Trudge nodded in agreement. "Blister's right. Hana, you're putting yourself in danger by getting involved with a Dark Signer."

Hana sighed. "I know it's risky, but I can't help how I feel."

Akiza finally spoke up, her tone soft. "Hana, we understand that you have feelings for Roman. But you need to be careful. We don't want you to get hurt."

Hana nodded. "Thank you, Akiza. I'll be careful."

Yusei cleared his throat, bringing the focus back to the task at hand. "Regardless of our personal feelings, we need to stay focused on defeating the Dark Signers."

Blister leaned forward. "That Devack guy mentioned the four stars of destiny. What do you think he meant by that?"

Mina spoke up knowledgeably. "He must have been referring to the four control units of the original Ener-D reactor, each codenamed after a different Nazca Line."

She went on to explain how the old Ener-D reactor had gone out of control before being sealed. "The four controllers were given code names - Ccapac Apu, Ccarayhua, Aslla Piscu, and Cusillu. In Quechuan, they mean Giant, Lizard, Hummingbird, and Monkey."

"So isn't there a spider too?" Luna asked.

Mina nodded. "Yes, the spider is Uru, which is the code for the reactor itself. In order to reverse the reactor and stop the flow of negative energy, we have to activate each of those four controllers located around Satellite."

Mina unrolled a large map of Satellite on the table. She pointed to four locations marked on the map. "These were the four control units. We needed to defeat the Dark Signers guarding them."

Trudge scratched his chin. "Should we all go and hit these locations one by one?"

"No, that would be a waste of time," Jack insisted, folding his arms. "Duels are one-on-one. We're going to have to split up and go solo."

"So who should go with who then?" Trudge asked.

Yusei closed his eyes in thought. "I'm pretty sure the Giant is Kalin. I'll go there."

"And Misty is at the Lizard tower. I'll go there," Akiza added.

Luna touched her arm where her mark rested. "Devack is the Monkey. I have to get Ancient Fairy Dragon back so I'll take him on."

Jack scanned the map, his eyes settling on the Hummingbird tower. He knew Carly was there, transformed into a Dark Signer, but he kept that to himself. "I will take the Hummingbird then."

"I'll go with Luna and protect her," Leo declared.

Trudge nodded. "I will take you both and keep you safe."

"I will come with you, Akiza," Mina offered.

Blister sighed. "I guess that leaves Hana and I on babysitting duty here. We will keep an eye on the kids."

Yusei stood up from the table. "Alright, it's settled then. Tomorrow we will head out to our respective locations."

Everyone murmured their agreement and began to say their good nights to Hana before leaving. Yusei lingered for a moment, watching as his friends filed out of the door.

After everyone else had left, Hana approached Yusei with a pleading look in her eyes. "Yusei, I'm begging you please don't duel Roman tomorrow. I know he's done terrible things as a Dark Signer. But if you defeat him, his soul be will sent to the Netherworld...I...I cant let that happen. Please, there must be another way."

Yusei sighed, seeing the anguish on her face. "I know you care about him Hana, but Roman has to be stopped. He's responsible for all of this."

Hana shook her head, on the verge of tears. "We have to find another way! Maybe I can talk to him, make him stop all this..."

"I wish there was another option," Yusei said sadly. "But Roman is committed to this path. I have to face him, for the sake of Satellite and everyone here. You know I don't want to hurt him, but it's the only way."

"But if he loses, he'll die!" Hana cried. "There must be something else we can do."

Yusei put a hand on her shoulder. "When it comes down to it, I'll do everything possible to save Roman too. But this duel may be unavoidable."

Hana lowered her head, tears spilling down her cheeks. Yusei pulled her close to comfort her.

"This isn't over yet. Somehow, we'll figure this out. I promise, we'll find a way," he said.

Hana held him tightly, hoping he was right and that they could save Roman.

After a few moments, Yusei gently pulled back from their embrace.

"It's getting late. We should both get some rest," he said.

Hana nodded, wiping the tears from her eyes. "You're right. Just...promise me you'll think about what I said. About finding another way with Roman."

"I will," Yusei assured her. He gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze before turning to walk out the door.

Hana watched him go, fresh tears threatening to spill over. Once he was gone, she took a shaky breath and headed to her small bedroom down the hall.

She changed into a sleeveless silk nightgown and crawled under the covers, her mind swirling with fear and doubt. As much as she cared for Yusei and his cause, she couldn't bear the thought of Roman being destroyed.

Hana tossed and turned, replaying her conversation with Yusei. She wished more than anything she could make him understand her feelings. But Yusei was committed to defeating the Dark Signers, no matter what.

A soft knock at the window interrupted her thoughts. Peering out, she saw Roman's silhouette in the darkness. Her heart quickened. She crossed the room and opened the window.

"Roman! What are you doing here?" she asked in a hushed voice.

"I had to see you, Hana," he replied, his eyes drifting over her. "May I come in?"

Hana nodded and stepped back. Roman slipped gracefully through the open window into her room.

As soon as his boots hit the floor, his arms went around her, pulling her close. Hana melted against him, feeling the solid strength of his chest. She tilted her head up as his lips found hers in a passionate kiss.

"I've missed you," Roman murmured against her mouth.

"I've missed you too," Hana whispered before pulling him into another kiss.

Having him here in her room was risky. They had to be quiet with the children sleeping close by, but that only added excitement to their reunion.

Roman lifted her in his arms, her legs wrapping around his waist, and carried her a few steps to the bed. They laid down together, their lips never breaking contact. Hana ran her hands over his back, feeling the soft fabric of his cloak. She slid her hands underneath to caress his powerful shoulders and arms.

Roman gave a low groan at her touch. His lips left hers to trail hot kisses down her neck while his hands explored her body.

Hana's breath quickened, heat coursing through her. She tugged at Roman's cloak, wanting it gone so she could feel his skin against hers.

Obliging, Roman sat up just long enough to unclasp the cloak and let it fall away. Beneath he wore only a sleeveless black and red shirt that showed off his toned arms.

Hana pulled him back down, enjoying at the feel of his bare shoulders under her palms. She kissed him hungrily, losing herself in the bliss of his embrace.

As the kiss continued, Roman's hands slid under her nightgown, caressing her thighs. Hana gasped at the sensation, arching into his touch.

She fumbled to remove his shirt, needing to feel his bare chest pressed against her. Roman obliged, tossing the shirt aside.

His hands reached for the hem of Hana's nightgown, sliding the silky material up. Hana raised her arms over her head, allowing Roman to remove it.

Leaning down, Roman kissed his way down Hana's neck, leaving a trail of wet kisses behind. He paused to suck on her skin, leaving a love bite in his wake.

Roman reached down to remove his gloves, wanting to feel her skin with his own. He tossed his gloves to the floor and leaned back so Hana could see both of his hands - his mechanical arm and his flesh and blood one.

The spider mark on his right arm began to glow, casting a soft purple light on the room. Hana reached out to touch it, her fingers tracing the lines of the birthmark.

Roman smiled as he watched her. He leaned down and took one breast in his hand, massaging it gently before taking her hardened nipple between his fingers. He rolled and kneaded it while Hana gasped, arching her back in response. He flicked his tongue across her other nipple, then took it into his warm, wet mouth.

Hana moaned and threaded her fingers through Roman's hair, holding him against her breast. The pleasure built with each suck and nibble, spreading through her body like wildfire.

With his mouth still latched onto Hana's right breast, Roman slid his flesh and blood hand down from her other breast until his fingers brushed against the silk of her panties.

Hana gasped as his hand made contact with her sensitive area, her body involuntarily bucking up into his touch. "Roman," she breathed.

Roman responded by slipping his fingers under the edge of her panties, his fingers brushing against her slick folds. He could feel her arousal, the wetness coating his fingers, and it only spurred him on. He slowly moved his fingers in a circular motion, teasing her clit before dipping a single digit inside her.

Hana's breath hitched as he entered her, her walls immediately clenching around his finger. He added a second finger, stretching her as he began to move in a slow but steady rhythm. His thumb found her clit again, pressing down and rubbing in small circles as he continued to finger her.

Hana's moans grew louder, her hips moving in sync with his fingers as she sought more of his touch. Her hands gripped the strands of his silver hair tightly as she held on for dear life. The pleasure was overwhelming, the sensation of his fingers inside her and his thumb on her clit driving her towards the edge.

Roman's mouth left her breast, trailing kisses up her neck and along her jawline until he reached her lips. He kissed her deeply, his tongue exploring her mouth as his fingers continued to work their magic.

Hana's body tensed as her orgasm approached, her breaths coming in quick gasps as she clung to Roman. He could feel her walls tightening around his fingers, her body shaking slightly as the pleasure built. He quickened his pace, his fingers plunging deeper and his thumb pressing harder on her clit.

With a final thrust of his fingers, Hana's body convulsed as her orgasm hit. She cried out, her voice muffled by his mouth as he continued to kiss her through her climax. Her body shuddered, her walls clenching around his fingers as waves of pleasure washed over her.

As the last tremors of her orgasm faded, Roman pulled his fingers from her, his thumb making one last swipe over her sensitive clit. He pulled back from their kiss, looking down at Hana with a grin. "Did you enjoy that?" he asked.

Hana could only nod, her chest rising and falling heavily as she tried to catch her breath. She was still reeling from her orgasm, the pleasure still rippling through her body.

Roman hooked his thumbs under the waistband of her soaking wet panties and slowly slid them down her legs while maintaining eye contact.

Hana's breath grew heavy in anticipation. The air felt cool against her now fully exposed skin and she wanted nothing more than for Roman to ravage her.

Unable to wait any longer, Hana reached for the waistband of Roman's pants. Together they removed his pants and underwear, freeing his erect cock.

Roman's eyes hungrily took in Hana's nude form. He moved back over her, positioning himself at her entrance. Their eyes locked as he reached down, taking his cock in his hand and rubbed the head against her slick entrance.

"Please...I need you," Hana breathed.

Gripping her hips, he slowly slid inside her tight pussy. Hana moaned, arching her back as Roman filled her completely. He began thrusting steadily, going deep with each stroke. Hana wrapped her legs around his back, meeting his rhythm.

"You feel so good," Roman grunted, increasing his pace. The bed creaked faintly in time with their movements.

Hana clutched at Roman's muscular shoulders, rocking her hips against him. "Don't stop," she gasped breathlessly. She could feel her climax building rapidly.

Sweat glistened on their skin as their pace grew faster, more urgent. Roman drove into Hana relentlessly now. She raked her nails down his back as her cries of ecstasy filled the room.

With a few more powerful thrusts, Hana came hard around him, waves of pleasure crashing through her. Roman followed seconds later with a loud groan, spilling himself deep inside her.

They collapsed on the bed, breathless and spent, their bodies entwined.

Hana rested her head on Roman's muscular chest as it rose and fell with his breathing. She could hear his racing heartbeat gradually returning to normal.

Roman's strong arms encircled Hana, keeping her tucked against him. His hand gently stroked her hair, damp with sweat and then pressed a tender kiss to the top of her head.

Hana closed her eyes contentedly, feeling safe and happy in Roman's protective embrace. She traced light circles on his chest with her fingertips, noticing the contrast of his smooth skin over hard muscle.

Legs tangled together, they stayed like that for a while, simply holding one another close. Hana breathed in Roman's masculine, intoxicating scent mixed with the lingering musk of their lovemaking. She wished she could freeze time and remain here with Roman forever, but eventually he had to leave.

"I wish I could stay here with you," Roman said softly, "But it's too risky."

Hana sighed, not wanting him to leave but knowing he was right. She couldn't risk the children finding him here with her.

Reluctantly, Roman unwrapped his arms from around Hana and sat up. Hana shivered as the blanket fell away, her skin still flushed. Roman drew the blanket back over her for warmth before he stood up to put his clothes back on.

"Tomorrow, come find me at the old Ener-D reactor site," Roman said as he finished dressing. "I'll be waiting for you."

"I'll be there," Hana replied. "I can hardly wait to see you again."

Roman leaned down and gave her a deep, passionate kiss goodbye. "Until tomorrow," he whispered.

Then with one last caress of her cheek, Roman turned and slipped out the window into the night.

Hana watched him leave. She lay back down, surrounded by his lingering scent on the sheets. Eventually she fell asleep, dreaming of their next intimate encounter.

0