Chapter 6- A Duo Appears
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Duo Appears 

Nina the maid and Zabu the young master walked past the rest of the defending , decending, slamming and ascending blades with thier eyes unimpressed. 

It’s just not right , the young Zabu said shaking his head . 

I agree young masta , I agree. 

The boys eyes we’re annoyed,

I don’t get it he said with frustration. 

Nina leaned back head in hands . 

He’s all the way up there young masta , she said pointing high. It’s hard to understand stuff that high. 

The boy shook his head. 

The demonstration hadn’t been grand. 

The others had been. 

A sword that flowed like stampeding wolves snapping at thier opponents heel ,

biting and clawing at will. 

Spears that coiled like twisting dragons falling like boulders upon bone and flesh , a painful reminder to all who would challenge them. 

Even a blade in the hands of a sorcerer, a man who could make his weapon disappear at will, confusing and confuddeling one to death. 

This blade did none of those things . 

It raised . 

It fell. 

Then it rose to the left and fell to the right. 

Then it raised and looped and fell again. 

It’s movements were simple.

And yet. 

It was perfect. The young Zabu said suddenly.

It’s like his sword was perfect . 

The maid thought it over with the boy . 

So your gonna give Lord Vedro his name ?

Zabu nodded 

Hmmm The maid said her eyes looking around loosely. 

“What do ya wanna do now young masta , we still got plenty of time . “

Zabu made it a few seconds into a ponder over the matter when he saw them .

The first , blue, bulky and covered in fur . His form hunched  and the knuckles he used to walk with bruised and heavy . 

Easily Towering above the crowd. 

His large steps made the ground shake , and slowly but surely the rowdy streets filled with swordsman parted. 

Vedro’s eyes grew big as soon as he spotted the creature. 

All that fur , he thought . Before the boy knew it he started walking closer , slinking through the tall forms of blade peddlers while keeping his eye across the way , where they walked just ahead of them. 

Finally as they rounded a corner into a slightly less crowded road , he was able to catch the look of the beast full on. 

He was gigantic. 

The blue creature tossed Zabu a look as they approached , it’s eyes only visible for moments at a time. They were covered as it were by a swaying tuft of hair , that had …. Zabu blinked . 

that couldn’t be right. 

“Stop looking at Tuft’s braids , it’s rude!”

Zabu wouldn’t admit it but he jumped a little at the voice that yelled at him from the shadows 

“I haven’t finished braiding them , the voice finished a little quieter . “

A figure then appeared from under the beast side with speed and anger ,thier form no longer hidden by the beast gargantuan frame. 

It was a girl. 

With a belt of small daggers looped around her waist and thin pale scars on her face . She looked to be one who had seen battles , as his father would say. 

She couldn’t be much older than him Zabu thought. 

The girls hands were in her belt of daggers and she looked at the young Zabu with venom in her eyes. 

“I don’t think she likes you very much young masta . “ Nina commented. 

Zabu looked at the girl who had appeared much closer than he expected.

Zabu tilted his head to the side at the girls closeness then he peered at her belt of daggers before raising a brow and lifting a finger.

The girl grabbed a daggers hilt.

“Come Tiara.”

It was A heavy grunt the beast spoke with, ons that fell on the air and boomed into the ears. 

The girl stared for a second then let go of her belt of murder weapons, huffed , spun a round and walked away . The cracking of the beast knuckles and her light steps fading as they went further into the distance . 

Along with the rustle of the chains that were tied upon thier neck . 

“Strange necklaces “ the young Zabu said as he watched them go . 

A second went by as Nina narrowed her eyes at the chains of crimson black she could see swaying on their necks as they walked off into the distance. 

“Thier not necklaces young masta ,” she said her hand fiddling with her large maid pocket in the front of her apron. 

“Those were Slave chains  .”

The young Zabu drifted into thought for a while then , the young lord pondering something heavy . Ahh he said, his head lifted in a hurry ,snapping to the distance .

“Cmon Nina “he said following after the giant and the girl , “we gotta catch up to them we still have time. “

“Oh “, Nina said eyes sparkling. 

“Hey you! “ Zabu yelled out to the two who had made it down the end of a long street. 

“ Wait up!  “

 Then the young lord of House Vedro yelled down the street. 

“I wanna feel your fur! “

0