Chapter 9- A Brief Beast’ thoughts 
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Brief Beast’ thoughts 

 

Let us take as one must do sometimes to tell a story , a trip through time . 

Let us go before. 

Before a bomb went click as it wooshed  through the air. 

Before a gavenchi brother thought about his life choices in a small pool of blood. 

Before the doors of a bar were burst through bravely with a kick. 

Before even , said kicker had made it up the street . 

Tuft was listening. 

Tuft grumbled internally at the footsteps as they peddled around the corner and thought fitfully as to how tedious this was all becoming. 

He would probably have to hurt someone tonight. 

And he didn’t mind it ,he thought, in between a sip of his wine . 

He was with a lord ling tonight. 

A lord ling with a symbol on his brace that matched many he had seen around town……Tuft the beast shook out the thought. Regardless of who the boy was , one thing was sure . He was nobility , and nobility could do these things. 

He looked at the boy who payed no heed to his earlier display of strength then scratched his head.

31 cast he had counted . With force as well . It was strange to see such power come from a boy . 

Tuft pondered. 

He could only think of a couple handfuls of people like that . 

Tuft thought back to old memories of adventures had years ago. Yes the boy did remind him of ‘them’ . Especially,

Tufts thoughts were interrupted by the sound .

Click . Click. Click. 

He could hear it’s click from down the street ,so out of place it was , it’s clicking getting closer by the second.

He looked towards the maid , who sat peacefully still and wondered on her abilities as a lords protector. As she would obviously have to be if accompanying a lord around . 

Then he looked closer , ah , never mind, she was well equipped . 

How often did one see one of those ? 

Either way , the strange boy lord , and this scarily armed maid would have to do nothing Tuft thought. 

For he would handle it for his new friends. 

Dong! The door was slammed open by a kick and a bomb whooshed through the air. 

Click . 

Tuft moved . Arms and foot snapping onto the booth above and pulled on with a massive strength . 

Click . 

His body swung back like a yo yo, cracking the booth and facing him to the middle isle where the bomb would sail.

It was also where a gavenchi brother struggled to lift himself up and muttered something along the lines of ….hel….p . 

The beast launched.

Click.

The distance between him and the bomb wasn’t too far. A few feet . Seven or eightish by his count . 

It was covered in less than a blink. 

Then the bomb was slapped . 

Metal bended back in a screech as the bomb was catapulted back through the door, over a gavenchi brother who had managed to crawl back to his feet and through a tavern door. 

Bronny Gavenchi only had time to blink.

Boom!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

Tuft only got to see bits and pieces of the small explosion that rocked the street. Green flame swallowing and spitting itself with enough force to send a man high into the air. 

 

He saw the scene through the flapping of the door. 

 

The destruction and rain of bits revealing itself to the tempo of gravity’s grace upon the wood and an oiling of hinges done only hours before . 

 

As the man looked closer he saw something peculiar. The green of the flames rising into the sky seemed to cast just the right light upon the sign above for the letters to appear in the shadows . 

The Twisted Tale. 

 

Tuft grunted at the irony of that. then watched idly for a while lost in thoughts of fate .

 

“What are you looking at friend . “

 

Tuft looked down to the noble boy, who even now stood with his arms crossed and his eyes clear. 

 

He must be used to this Tuft thought. 

 

Then the boys eyebrows raised as high as the heavens . 

 

“Nina!!!! There’s a fire !!! What do we do?!”

 

Zabu turned to Nina who was still slouching on the couch , now with a finger in her nose as she patted her belly , finally full from its 5th steak. 

 

The maid tilted her head left , then right , thinking about it . 

 

How bout plan B young masta ? 

 

Zabu’s eyebrows fell a little . Plan B, he said regaining his cool. 

 

Plan B?

 

He put out a hand and a fist fell in it gently . 

 

“What was Plan  B again? “

 

“Run like hell young masta . “

 

“Umu . “Zabu said nodding his head . That sounds good . Friends he turned to Tuft and tossed a glance at Tiara ,who had at some point popped up as well. 

 

“We should run like hell . “

 

Tiara eyes that peaked out at the flame were filled with calm , she shook her head. 

 

“Tufts got this . “

 

And indeed he did. 

 

Before another word was said , the beast was out upon the street . The flame even a distance away could be felt. 

 

It was awesome to behold, a roaring green that swallowed itself and spread high into the air in one motion, with a pace that threatened to consume one of the closed city street stores behind it. 

 

Tuft walked closer to the flame, until his tounge began to get heavy with cooling sweat. 

 

Then the fire was gone. 

 

Collapsed as it were . Smushed some would say . Removed from all oxygen in the world by the Magic of the beast. 

 

A crystal green blue orb appearing around Tufts hand was the start of the spell . A crystal blue that quickly jumped off spread to the length of a large platform and fell heavily upon the flames . 

 

A gust of wind gushed out of the sides at the fires collapse. Quiet fell on the streets. There had some who had crawled up to the streets edge as the sound of Zabu’s thunderous beams destroying the bar . 

 

More who had skittered around the bars edge and even One that had edged semi close to the door. 

 

Of course when the bomb when off they had been blasted away  and now they lay a while away in a state of dishevelment and  pain. The beast chuckled a grunt  as his eyes met what his ears had heard. 

 

The beast finished his turn and his eyes met those of his protege , the one who would take the arts he had mastered and would be the legacy to the Gold and Blue Beast clan. 

 

Her eyes shined with amazement. He scratched his head . Ah yes , it had been a while since she had seen this ability . 

 

One day it would be a power she too could wield . 

 

Then his eyes fell upon the young Zabu.

 

A young lord whose eyes were also filled with amazement . The beast had a budding respect for the boy. He handled insults to his friends like those of the Beast tribe , ….. he was turning out to be a good friend and a true warrior. 

 

Which is why Tuft the gladiator slave who had been convicted for the count of grand robbery of the royal coffers nine times felt slight guilt as he began the makings of a plan. 

 

So guilty in fact , that he lost control of his manifestation of the platform .

 

Zoom!

 

The energy in the field singed as it flickered out of existence and finally the young lord uttered three words.

 

“That was Awesome”

 

And so a group of three true friends and one not so true named Tuft departed from the Twisted Tale and into enjoy a day in Sword-Town 

0