CHAPTER 4- Preparations.
67 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 4 - Preparations.

(Pov - Saik.)

People gather to see the results board outside the school. Well, well. How many people are there in this place? I estimate there are about 400 people, maybe more. And did all of them pay for the entrance exam? I hope they don't actually steal the money and use it to improve public schools.

I hate it when the rich steal money to become even richer.

Let's see... There's a list, from 1 to 100. If 400 people took the entrance exam, that means only 1/4 managed to get in.

"Father, I did it," said a girl next to me who is also looking at the board.

I glanced at her because I heard a sob coming from her.

She's crying... Well, well. Was she afraid of failing and making her father angry? No, those tears are of pride and happiness, not relief. She probably wants to make her father proud.

Yes, I understand, random girl. If I had taken this exam on my own and without cheating, I would also cry from happiness. But I cheated, so I'm not yet able to say that I succeeded. I can only say I've fulfilled my promise when I can be the best without cheating.

Oh, that man behind her is crying too... I see.

Hey, random girl, don't worry. You've made your late father proud... I wish I could say the same.

"Well, well. That girl has big breasts. Hehe. Don't you like that, Saik?"

Ignoring Yuki pretending to grope that girl's breasts, I looked for my name on the list. I should be first or second.

Ram got two questions wrong, so I should be first because Number 2 helped me by correcting the exam.

Let's see... Yes, I'm first.

Saik Norsai - 27282937dhd7282 - 1 - Class 1-B.

My name, registration number, position, and the class I've been assigned to.

I wish they had put my score, you know, to boast about an achievement I got through cheating, but an achievement is an achievement. Besides, that would help restore some of the reputation my family name lost because of me. Beating up the rich kids who used to mock me gave me a bad reputation.

Anyway, I'm in the first place, and Ram, the girl we copied most of the answers from, is second and in my class.

Why did they put us in Class B? Isn't Class A the best? I guess it doesn't matter.

I moved away from the crowd.

Some people are crying because they failed. Why are they crying? They have plenty of options. Seriously, I don't understand what makes this school so special, aside from teaching humility to students.

I should have researched it more, but I can't be bothered. I've already gotten in, there's no turning back now. I'll go pick up my papers and pay for the three years.

Yuki stayed behind, looking at the people, or rather, looking at the women. Is she still going with her plan to find me a girlfriend or friends? Unnecessary. I don't need a girlfriend, let alone friends. They won't do me any good; they'll just be distractions.

"Saik!!"

This random guy again?

The fat guy I saw during the entrance exam grabbed my shirt collar, looking at me angrily.

"What's the matter?"

"What kind of cheat did you use?! It's impossible for an idiot like you to get first place!!"

Ah, now everyone's looking at me, and the criticism toward me begins.

The usual stuff I've always heard: "Is that scruffy guy the first place?" They're mainly criticizing my appearance for hiding my eyes with my hair.

Ah, what a nuisance.

"Look, I'll warn you once, just once. Stay away from me, pig, or you'll be without children. You disgust me."

"I've always been better than you!! Why did I fail and you didn't?! You definitely cheated, you miserable..."

... He shouted so close to my face that his saliva landed on me. Disgusting.

Well, I don't want witnesses. It might jeopardize my entry into the school.

Mmm. Let's see... Well, I came up with something.

I recognized the bodyguard of this idiot and approached him, dragging this idiot by the ear with me.

He tries to push me and hits me, attempting to make me let go, but his punches are weak, they don't hurt me at all. Pathetic.

"I'd like you to take us to a discreet place. I'd like to talk to him privately."

"Alright."

"What do you mean 'alright'?! Don't listen to him, idiots!"

"Your father said that if you got into trouble with Saik, you should handle it yourself. You're no longer a child, sir. Don't behave like one."

Well, well. This idiot has a good father. My respects, sir.

Amid tantrums and struggles, I forced him into the limousine, and we were taken to an old abandoned factory. On the way, this idiot scratched my arm, which was holding onto his ear, and even drew blood, but he'll soon regret doing that to me.

I pulled him out of the limousine and stretched my arms.

"Are there security cameras?"

"No."

"Perfect. You tell your boss that his son earned this."

"Tsk. Shut up, you're nobody to...!" the fat guy said, but I didn't pay him any more attention.

Blah, blah, blah. What a bother.

I clenched my fist and hit him so hard in the groin that a loud scream escaped him.

Nah, that's not enough.

I kneed him in his massive belly, knocking the wind out of him, and he vomited. Fortunately, I managed to move away, but when he stopped vomiting, I kicked him in the face, leaving him suffering on the ground. He didn't faint, but it would have been better, sparing him the suffering he's feeling.

Feeling his testicles as if they had exploded, the stomach pain, and his broken nose.

Yes, this will do.

"Well, I'm off. I'm leaving him to you."

I started running back to the school.

Ah, this idiot wasted my time. I hope I don't worry Yuki; she was watching the women.

After running for 15 minutes, I returned to the school and saw Yuki still observing the people, or rather, observing the women in detail, as if analyzing them, searching for the best options.

Ah, Yuki, that's unnecessary, but since I see that it entertains you so much that you didn't even notice I went off with that fat guy to beat him up in private, I won't say anything about it, at least not today.

I entered the school and looked at the map at the entrance to find my classroom.

The school consists of six main areas. The administrative building, the first, second, and third-year buildings, the cafeteria, and the club rooms. They also have a swimming pool, sports areas, a soccer field, basketball court, tennis court, and running track. Is that what it's called? No idea.

The place is quite extensive, but it still doesn't seem like a school for millionaires to me.

Anyway, whatever.

I reached my new classroom, where we'll receive our papers and get to know our classmates. The latter is optional; I'll leave after receiving the papers.

I entered the classroom and only glanced at the people inside.

The girl who cried for her father and other random people I'm not interested in. That girl's ghostly father is here too, behind her. He looks like an intellectual man, and the emblem on his suit is the same as the teacher's. Was he a teacher at this school? Most likely.

Well, well. That blonde girl with the cleavage looks like a slut, no offense, but she does. I can see her large breasts and her red bra, in addition to her overly short skirt. Well, well. It's true what they say about not judging a book by its cover. She passed the entrance exam; she must be intelligent.

I approached the teacher.

"Are you handing out the papers?"

"Yes. Your name?"

"Saik Norsai."

"Oh, the first place. Congratulations."

She handed me an envelope with the school's emblem on it, consisting of two white hands shaking hands with the black cursive letter "R" in the background.

"Can I leave now?"

"There's a small celebration for those who passed the admission exam. Don't you want to stay? The bus will arrive in 20 minutes. It will be at the restaurant..."

I interrupted her, as I'd already lost too much valuable time.

"No, thank you. Goodbye."

Without wasting any more time, I left the classroom with the envelope in hand.

Ah, what a hassle to stay at a party with people I don't know.

"Hey, wait!"

Ah, what a nuisance. What now? I want to get home and celebrate with Yuki.

I stopped and turned around to see the guy who was shouting at me.

A guy stopped in front of me.

Glasses with very high prescription, very overweight, brown hair... No, I don't know him. What does he want from me? Some diet advice? Is he going to ask me to train him to lose weight? What a bother, but I feel sorry for him. Well, the main reason I'll help him is so that he owes me a favor. He's rich; I'll probably need his help someday. I'll recommend some easy exercises for him to do and advise him to see a nutrition specialist since he needs a personalized diet.

"What do you want? I'm in a hurry."

"Here, the teacher asked me to give this to you."

A box of chocolates?

"For me?"

"I think she's giving them to all of us."

"I see."

I took the box.

"Thank her for me."

"Sure, no problem."

I continued on my way.

Let's see...

An overweight guy, a potential easy girl, girls and guys with normal appearances, a sensitive girl, Ram (though she wasn't in the classroom).

Mmm... Well, I guess I can have a normal school life. Everyone seems so normal, except for that girl who seems easy and Ram, who surely thinks she's better than others.

Ah... Well, I won't judge them until I get to know them. My mother would probably scold me if I thought that way about people I don't know. Maybe that girl just likes to wear comfortable clothes, which is why she dresses like that.

Girls consider me ugly and repulsive, so they always keep their distance from me because I'm a weird and violent guy.

And if someone tries to mess with me, I'll hit and humiliate them, and that'll keep others away from me.

Yes, I can definitely have a quiet and normal school life... Normal, huh?

Being a normal person... What do normal people do? I should investigate about it.

If I'm going to be a normal person, I'll do it right.

I got home and opened the envelope on the table, and as if summoning her, Yuki came down to the dining area, passing through the ceiling.

"You finally arrived. Where were you, young man?"

"Sorry, Mom. I went to the store to buy a few things. Here."

I handed her the box of chocolates.

"Oh, for me?! Thank you!"

She immediately opened the box, realizing that only half of the chocolates were left.

"Hey, don't get my hopes up like that!"

"Half and half. We have to be fair."

I took out all the contents of the envelope.

A student ID card with my information, paperwork, and information I might need in the future, and a certificate of honor for being the first place. I would hang it on the wall, but it would feel disgusting. I'll do it when I feel I've truly earned it.

Ah, there's also a letter, congratulating me for achieving it.

Well... I made it.

"I got accepted. Perfect results."

"Congratulations, though you cheated."

I left the acceptance letter on the table.

"Well, I need to get ready. We're going shopping."

"Yes! Let's go!"

I'll need a lot of school supplies and some extras I might need.

After a long day of shopping, I have all the materials I'll need for school.

And of course, I also bought some video games.

How did I get so much money? I know the school isn't cheap. What I did was sell my old house. And I also have money from my parents' life insurance... Or something like that... Well, legally, I'm an adult. I've emancipated myself.

I can take care of myself; I don't need anyone to look after me.

I have enough money to survive a couple more years.

"I guess that's it."

"How nice."

I stopped and turned to Yuki. She's looking at a dress.

Ah, unfortunately, she can't change clothes. Well, she can, but the clothes she died in are the only ones she can wear without anyone seeing her. The clothes people die in become a part of them, allowing ghosts to wear clothes and not be naked all the time. Yuki can take off her clothes and wear others, but people would see those clothes as if they were floating. Yuki's current clothes are the only ones others can't see.

And I can't buy her the dress; that would be weird. I mean, I'm a guy with hair covering his face. I'd definitely be labeled a pedophile or a pervert.

I took out my cellphone and stood next to her.

I pretended to be talking to someone on the phone to avoid people seeing me as "talking to myself."

"It's a shame you can't wear other clothes."

"That's true... I can take off these clothes and put them on again. No one can see this clothing, but if I put on that dress, people might see me."

Yeah, yeah, I know what you're trying to do, but I can't let you reveal the existence of ghosts to people; that would only bring trouble from certain annoying ghost hunters.

If it were so easy for people and ghosts to coexist peacefully, they would have done it a long time ago, but unfortunately, it's impossible. The consequences would be more negative than positive.

"And they'd probably kidnap me and take me to a secret government lab, where they'd experiment on me to figure out how I can see ghosts."

"T-That's way too scary."

"But possible. I decided to hide that I can see ghosts... Come on, I can't buy you the dress, but I'll buy you a slice of cake. Actually, the whole cake. I'm in a good mood today."

"Yippee! Yuki loves cake! Come on, let's go!"

"Yes, yes, let's go."

I'd like to buy her clothes, but she won't be able to wear them... Wait... She won't be able to wear them outside, but she can inside... Mmm.

I think I'll surprise Yuki, like the good older brother I am.

(Pov- Yuki.)

"Yuki's bored!"

Saik went out without me and left me all alone... Fufu. Is he on a date with a cute girl? I recommended several, but I think he pretended not to listen and went to look for them.

"Hahahahahaha! That's impossible!"

After all, I'm talking about Saik, the weird guy with no friends. It's impossible for a girl to be interested in him.

Yes, I'm trying to get him interested in a girl, but if he keeps the same messy hair, he'll keep scaring off women, and none will be interested in him.

Saik, make things easier for me and comb your hair! You're just wasting my valuable advice.

"I'm home now. I'm back."

Finally!

I immediately ran down the stairs and welcomed him with a big smile, being the good friend I am.

"Good evening, Saik!"

"Here."

Did he bring me something?

He handed me a bag. It's not very heavy. What could be inside?

"Uh? Are these sweets?"

"No."

Mmm... It smells new. A toy?

I opened the bag.

Eh?! It's the cute pink dress I was looking at! And there are two more dresses!

Saik bought what I wanted?! I-I thought he didn't want to.

"Is it for me?"

"No, it's for me. I like to wear little girl's clothes."

"..."

"It was a joke."

"Yeah, I know. It surprised me that you made a joke. It's not your style."

"And what is my style?"

"Being a solitary, silent, and serious guy. That's your role. And my role is to be the cute and fun girl!"

"I see... Well, where are my thanks? It was really difficult to buy that clothing without looking like a pervert. I had to pretend it was a birthday gift."

With a big hug full of love, I thanked him.

"T-Thank you!"

I was tired of wearing the same clothes every day! I want to change my look!

Thank you so much, Saik! I'll definitely find you a girlfriend, even if it costs me my afterlife! Although, well, I'm already dead. Fufu.

"Just make sure you only wear the clothes at home and never go out in that outfit."

"I'll be really careful! Thank you so much!"

"I'll go take a shower and then prepare dinner."

"It's the other way around."

Usually, Saik has dinner first and then takes a shower.

"I know, but I want to shower first."

... Saik is way too strange, but even he has a very kind and cute side.

He can be a true gentleman when he wants to... He's adorable... Adorable?!

"Hey, I'm supposed to be the adorable one!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Hmmh."

I pouted and looked away. Look, I'm the adorable one in the house! Don't steal my job!

"... Are you trying to look adorable?"

"No!"

"Well..."

Huh? He... He patted my head with his hand. H-Hey, at least warn me first!

"Because you achieved it without even trying. You're so cute that you might give me diabetes just by looking at you."

"Eh?!"

"Or maybe I feel this way because I've eaten too many sweets? Ah, whatever. I'm going to take a shower."

He walked away from me and entered the bathroom.

... That's not fair!

I'm supposed to be the one making your heart race, not the other way around!

7