Chapter 219: The Origin of the Spirit Concealment and Void Transformation Technique
108 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wei Haolong took a deep drink, "After being drenched with the Unbearing Waters, it took only two moments for my spiritual power to be completely drained. At that time, the sect leader was still engaged in battle with the Jiao dragon. The Abyss of Falling Skies was fraught with dangers, so the leader sent a message asking my two fellow disciples and me to leave immediately."

As Wei Haolong recounted this experience, his hands trembled.

"Without spiritual power, without cultivation, it was then that I truly felt my insignificance. At that time, a single ferocious tiger or a venomous snake could have easily ended my life. The three of us desperately fled from the Abyss of Falling Skies. However, with limited stamina, it took us half an hour to finally escape the vicinity of the Abyss. In our panic, I got separated from the other two. Alone in the vast wilderness, unsure of when my spiritual power would return, I felt a sense of helplessness I had never experienced before."

Wei Haolong continued, "Though I had escaped from the Abyss of Falling Skies, I could still hear the intense sounds of the battle between the sect leader and the Jiao dragon. An hour later, I heard the dragon let out a reluctant roar, seemingly subdued by the sect leader. I thought I was finally safe. However, after defeating the Jiao dragon, the sect leader didn't come looking for us."

Song Changyi explained, "That's because the transformation of the Unbearing Waters into a dragon wasn't a mere accident. Someone had intentionally set a trap. After the leader defeated the Jiao dragon, his spiritual power was severely depleted. Three mid-stage Core Formation cultivators ambushed him. With no spiritual power left to defend himself, he had to flee immediately. Luckily, those three Core Formation cultivators were no match for him, and they eventually retreated without achieving their goal."

Nodding, Wei Haolong continued, "Since the sect leader didn't return, I had to find my own way. I eventually discovered a cave to rest in and continuously attempted to restore my spiritual power. It took a whole half month before I regained some of my cultivation. With some spiritual power at my side, I immediately went to find my fellow disciples. However, near the wastelands of the Abyss of Falling Skies, I didn't find them. Instead, I stumbled upon a severely injured young woman."

Speaking of the woman, Wei Haolong's eyes sparkled, "She was dressed in black, with a veil covering her face, curvaceous and exceptionally beautiful. She was staggering through the wasteland and eventually fainted due to exhaustion. By chance, I came across her. As I helped her up, I realized not only was she gravely injured, but she also had lost her spiritual power, seemingly drenched by the Unbearing Waters."

"As cultivators, how can we stand by when someone is in distress? Acting out of chivalry, I immediately decided to help the young woman."

Chivalry?

Shu Han sneered inwardly, "You were probably smitten by her beauty!"

Wei Haolong, ignoring the disdainful look from Shu Han, animatedly continued, "I brought the young woman back to the cave and transferred some of my restored spiritual power to her. However, it seemed her body had been thoroughly permeated by the Unbearing Waters. No matter how much spiritual power I infused, it would be entirely consumed. Later, when she woke up and realized I meant no harm, she eased up and accepted my treatment."

Wei Haolong said with admiration, "Due to the damage to her spiritual power, the healing was slow. I spent a full eighteen days in the cave with her before her injuries were completely healed. Ah, those eighteen days were undoubtedly the highlight of my life! We got along very well, and waking up to see such a stunning beauty beside me, if it weren't for my concern for her injuries, I might have wanted to slow down the treatment to spend more days with her. Ah, I probably won't ever forget her figure in this lifetime..."

Seeing Wei Haolong sighing dreamily, Shu Han's face fell in annoyance, exclaiming, "Damn it! I don't have time to listen to your cave love story! Get to the point!"

Jolted back to reality, Wei Haolong said, "You really lack patience. The part I just shared was the crucial part! There's not much left to say afterward. Once her injuries healed, I escorted her back to her home. In gratitude, she taught me the Spirit Concealment and Void Transformation Technique."

"However," he continued, "she mentioned that she was quite interested in our Fiery Cloud Instant Sect and might visit me in the future. Sadly, it's been 150 years, and she still hasn't come."

Wei Haolong, looking dejected, took a long swig from his wine flask.

So, the Spirit Concealment and Void Transformation Technique was a reward from Wei Haolong's heroism. Could that young woman be Gu Panchun?

No, that can't be! Given Wei Haolong's infatuation with her, if she really were Gu Panchun, how could he not recognize her? Could there be a connection between that mysterious woman and Gu Panchun?

Unable to contain his curiosity, Shu Han asked, "Where did you send her?"

Wei Haolong became wary, "Old Yu, what do you mean? Why are you prying into a young lady's whereabouts? What are your intentions?!"

Shu Han rolled his eyes, retorting, "I was just asking!"

Wei Haolong huffed, "Even if I told you, it wouldn't matter. You wouldn't be able to find it. Heck, even I can't locate the entrance to that cave any more."

"Oh? Why is that?"

Wei Haolong scratched his head and explained, "I remember dropping her off near the Abyss of Falling Skies, in a secluded cave within the Black Dragon Mountains. I remember the location vividly and planned to visit her later with some spiritual herbs. But as soon as I left the Black Dragon Mountains, I realized I hadn't even asked for her name. When I tried to return and ask, I couldn't find that cave again."

Shu Han laughed, "Isn't it obvious? She probably set up a formation to hide the cave, fearing you'd come back to bother her."

"You think so? I got along well with her for over a month; she wouldn't have set up precautions against me, would she? Plus, I did a thorough check and didn't find any traces of a formation. But back then, my cultivation wasn't very high, so perhaps I missed it."

Suddenly, he slapped the table in realization, "Right! With your Clear Bright Spiritual Eye, we might be able to locate that cave entrance now!"

As he said this, driven by the alcohol, he seemed ready to set off to the Black Dragon Mountains. Shu Han quickly grabbed him and scolded, "Are you drunk? It's been 150 years; she might've even forgotten you! And the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard is upon us soon. Are you not competing in the Heavenly Fire Arena?"

Wei Haolong responded, "You're right. This time, let's ensure the three of us don't face off early in the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard competition! Let's take the top three spots, with the two of you fighting for the top, and I'll be content with the third."

Turning to Song Changyi, Wei Haolong nudged him, "Old Song, you're the sect leader's son. Can you pull some strings during the draw to ensure the three of us are placed in different battle zones? It wouldn't look good if we were to fight against each other early on."

"No way!"

Song Changyi slammed the table, "Who dares to cheat in the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard? So what if I'm the sect leader's son? Even I must abide by the sect's rules!"

Wei Haolong muttered, "So stubborn..."

He then glanced at his disciple, who was dozing off on Bai Xingyan's shoulder, and his heart ached.

"That damn kid, daring to take advantage of my Xue'er! I'll castrate you!"

โ€ฆ

Half a month later, the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard group draw took place.

With trembling hands, Wei Haolong drew his lot for Group 7. He sneaked a peek at Song Changyi's and felt relieved to see him in Group 1. Then he looked at Shu Han's lot and his head started buzzing.

Group 8!

Shu Han was equally stunned. History seemed to be repeating itself. He waved his token in front of Wei Haolong, teasing, "Old Wei, after the intergroup matches, we'll meet in the advancement round!"

Wei Haolong exclaimed, "No!!!"

6