Chapter 229: The Five-Fold Flames
97 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This beautiful female cultivator was actually Wei Haolong!

The entire venue was stunned into silence, deeply immersed in shock for a long time.

The Fiery Cloud Instant Sect always prized masculine and robust appearances in their male cultivators. As a result, male cultivators of the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect were typically muscular with broad shoulders and waists, and this image was favored to avoid scorn from others.

Although Wei Haolong had a more androgynous appearance, his formidable strength had always shielded him from prejudice within the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect.

But now, he had audaciously appeared in a female form on the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard platform.

Such a thing was unprecedented in the history of the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect!

The cultivators present were at a loss for words, maintaining their silence. However, amidst this quietude, a thunderous voice broke the calm.

"Rebel!"

This loud reprimand echoed like the ringing of a grand bell, sending waves of pressure that resonated in everyone's heart.

Everyone's gaze turned to the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard stand, where Heavenly Fire Elder was visibly furious. His robes flapped wildly, and the jade chair behind him shattered instantly, with surging ground flames burning at his feet.

Unable to contain his anger, Heavenly Fire Elder berated, "How did I end up with such a disgraceful child like you? Get off the stage! I'll skin you alive!" With a slap in the air, an irresistible burden immediately bore down on Wei Haolong's shoulders, forcing him to kneel on one knee.

Yet, Wei Haolong still wore a smile, holding his head high and defiant, with beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

Seeing this, Shu Han quickly brought out his golden brick, confronting the oppression from Heavenly Fire Elder.

Raising his hand in a salute, he loudly stated, "Heavenly Fire Elder, the explicit rules of the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect's Heavenly Fire Leaderboard clearly state that, apart from the sect leader, no one should interfere with the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard platform! Currently, I'm in a match with Senior Brother Wei. I implore you to cease immediately!"

Heavenly Fire Elder, boiling with rage, snapped back, "Who do you think you are? He's my son; I have every right to deal with him as I see fit! Out of my way!"

In an instant, the pressure doubled. Shu Han's eyes twitched as he increased his spiritual power to maintain the golden brick, countering Heavenly Fire Elder's force from a distance.

"Overestimating your abilities!"

Just as Heavenly Fire Elder was about to exert his force and push Shu Han aside, Song Jinglun intervened, grabbing his wrist. Song Jinglun calmly stated, "Old Wei, whatever personal issues you have with Haolong, I would request you settle them after this match."

Seeing the sect leader stepping in, Heavenly Fire Elder suppressed his seething rage and retorted, "I'll deal with you after this match, rebellious son!"

The pressure on Shu Han dissipated instantly. He took a deep breath, turned to Wei Haolong, and chuckled, "So, this is the surprise you wanted to show me? How is this a surprise? I've seen you like this countless times. Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're dressed as a woman."

Blood trickled from the corner of Wei Haolong's mouth, but he still laughed, "You sure have high expectations! Enough talk, let's get this started. Didn't you hear? I have personal matters to handle after the duel."

Shu Han looked back at Heavenly Fire Elder, the smile fading from his face, concern evident, "Aren't you scared doing this?"

Wei Haolong laughed, "Of course I'm afraid of my father, but I don't want to fear him forever. You were right, I can't live under others' expectations forever." Wei Haolong then looked around, scanning the shocked expressions of the disciples, and mockingly said, "Look at their surprised gazes. For years, I've been running from such looks. Now, I'm tired and don't want to hide anymore. It suddenly occurred to me that being looked at this way... isn't so bad after all."

Suddenly, a hysterical shout came from below the stage.

"Master! Look at this! Go, Master, give it your all!"

Wei Haolong followed the sound, spotting Di Guxue among the silent crowd, fervently cheering for him.

Inspired by Di Guxue, Bai Xingyan also shouted, "Master Uncle Wei looks so gallant!"

Song Changyi joined in, "Brother Wei has always been indomitable! He needn't care about what others see."

After a moment of surprise, Wei Haolong sighed deeply, looking up at the sky, "Shu Han, let's do this. Show me your true strength!"

Shu Han smirked, "Sorry, I can't, still healing from our last bout. Otherwise, I'd have knocked you off the stage already."

"You always talk too much!"

Whoosh!

A silver spear appeared in Wei Haolong's hand, and in an instant, the surging ground flames circulated throughout his body, quickly compressing.

With a mighty shout from Wei Haolong, forty-eight fire dragon candle holders scattered like stars, swirling around him. His silver spear began absorbing the power of the fire from these holders, transforming it into a red and white intertwined fire dragon, which coiled around the spear's tip.

In a split second, Wei Haolong's vigor was at its peak.

The platforms around him started to melt and crumble.

Observing this, Shu Han laughed and remarked, "Old Wei, you're resorting to the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique right from the start?"

Wei Haolong retorted, "Nonsense! How many times have we sparred? Do ordinary moves work on you?"

"Well said!"

With a resonant shout from Shu Han, his sleeves burst open, revealing his arms covered in black patterns.

A dark aura enveloped him as he entered the Heavenly Fire Internal Strength state, ready to unleash his Heavenly Fire Fist at any moment.

The silver spear, drawing power from the fire dragon candle stands, transformed into a brilliant white beam, charging directly at Shu Han. Shu Han neither dodged nor avoided; he unleashed a punch, and his dark fist's energy clashed head-on with the white beam. The solid platform exploded, leaving a huge crater.

Both were relentless. Wei Haolong's spear danced to and fro, and a red dragon with a hint of white followed its movements, swiftly orbiting him. The overwhelming aura of power it emitted was like a roaring thunderstorm on the platform. Shu Han quickly maneuvered to dodge, and wherever he left, that spot was immediately obliterated.

Shu Han moved swiftly, constantly attacking with his dark fist energy, while Wei Haolong parried with his long spear. At first, Wei Haolong indeed found it hard to handle, being knocked about by Shu Han. But he persisted, swinging his spear repeatedly. With the continuous stacking of Heavenly Fire's power, his dragon became smaller and whiter, radiating a heat rivaling the Heavenly Fire Sun.

Although Shu Han admired Wei Haolong's courage to step up, a fight was a fight, and he wouldn't hold back.

He keenly observed that Wei Haolong was intentionally taking damage from his punches to enhance his Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique. Soon, his technique reached its current pinnacle, the fourth layer.

Shu Han gathered all his strength, knowing that once Wei Haolong's fourth-layer dragon took form, it would be an overwhelming assault.

If he was prepared, Shu Han wasn't afraid of Wei Haolong's four-fold Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique.

He steadied himself, refraining from attacking, waiting for Wei Haolong to make the first move. He knew that maintaining the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique drained one's energy significantly. If Wei Haolong didn't act soon, the technique would backlash.

However, Wei Haolong made a decision that took Shu Han by surprise.

After reaching the fourth layer of the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique, the dragon had turned completely white. But instead of attacking, Wei Haolong summoned twelve more fire dragon candle stands, continuing to absorb the ground dragon fire's power.

Wei Haolong, seeing the shocked expression on Shu Han's face, laughed, "Old Shu, I know the four-fold Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique might not defeat you! So, witness the fifth realm of the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique!"

Suddenly, the dragon expanded rapidly, swallowing Wei Haolong whole.

Within the dragon, Wei Haolong began to ascend, slowly merging with the dragon.

Shu Han shouted, "Old Wei! It's just a match! There's no need to risk your life!"

5