Chapter 11: First Element (Part Two)
174 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I am back! I have gotten a new job, so I was still adapting to my new schedule. But all is well now. I have adapted. From now on, this story's update schedule will be two chapters every week. I will post chapters every Saturday and Sunday. That's my note. Enjoy the story

"I can help you attain your unique elemental power, but only if you promise to eliminate a specific individual," Paradicus stated.

"Grandpa, why are you asking my disciple to do something terrible?" Mircalla inquired with concern.

Paradicus regarded her with a stern expression. "Because we are warriors. Quit coddling your disciple," he replied, his tone shifting to a more solemn one.

Mircalla was taken aback by her grandpa's request, but Hazel wasn't. He didn't want to commit an extreme act for a questionable motive, so he inquired, "Who do you want me to eliminate?"

"Don't fret, child. It's an evil entity. What do you understand about the otherworlders who have arrived on our planet?"

Hazel hesitated before responding, "Well, I'm not entirely sure if it's appropriate to discuss this with you both, but our education and culture have instilled biased views towards you, the otherworlders. We emphasize our own civilization while branding you as savages."

Paradicus nodded thoughtfully. "Ah, I see. That's understandable."

"Of course, I don't believe that. Mircalla is a good person, and you sound like one too!" Hazel chimed in enthusiastically.

"Child, I'm about to ask you to take someone's life. I wouldn't classify myself as good, but I'm not inherently evil either. Well, it seems you might not be well-versed in the ways of otherworlders, so let me explain the basics. We, otherworlders, hail from various realms. Those from my world are categorized into three groups.

"The first group comprises unaffiliated individuals, and you should be cautious around them. Most will go to great lengths for personal gain, often disregarding the ecosystem of this world.

"The second group belongs to the Lazarus Organization, an evil faction with ambitions of dominating this world. Their leader, Marxazar Xarxes Lazarus, is both my and Mircalla's sworn adversary."

Upon hearing the mention of this organization, Mircalla's eyes widened. "Grandpa, you don't mean to ask him to eliminate their leader, do you? I'd be furious if that's your plan."

"Of course not, my dear granddaughter. I'm stern, not cruel. However, I do wish for him to deal with a specific individual from this organization. You needn't do it immediately; you can wait until you've grown stronger. If you agree, I'll provide you with your unique elemental power as an initial investment."

Hazel remained uncertain. If the elderly man, suspected to be as formidable as Mircalla, couldn't defeat this person, it indicated a formidable adversary. Nevertheless, he considered it, driven by the prospect of obtaining his first special elemental. "Who is this individual?" Hazel inquired.

"Leonidas Marxazar Lazarus, the youngest child of Marxazar. He's roughly your age, but he conceals his true identity within society. Reliable sources indicate that he controls notorious evil organizations in this world, working from the shadows to bring about its destruction. As an otherworlder, I'm unable to locate him. I want you to act as my operative, discover his whereabouts, and, when the opportunity arises, eliminate him."

"What if someone else has already eliminated him, or if I can't locate him?" Hazel inquired.

"You have my word, nothing will happen to you," Paradicus assured.

Hazel nodded, contemplating for a moment. "Alright, one last question. I assume you and your associates belong to the third category of otherworlders you mentioned earlier. So, what's your purpose in coming to this world?"

"It's purely business. We're here to establish economic ties with your people. To us, this world is like a vast rice field, and the malevolent organizations are akin to pests. Our aim is simply to eradicate these pests so that the rice field can flourish and yield high-quality produce."

Hazel grinned, appreciating the straightforward response. Trusting someone who was transparent about their intentions, especially as Mircalla's grandparent, felt right. Without hesitation, he replied, "I accept this task."

[Paradicus's affection for you has increased by 5!]

The old man's contented smile indicated his approval. "I appreciate decisive kids. Let's go collect your gift now!"

Paradicus extended his arms, and a green orb emanated from his chest. "This is my gift to you, my friend. I hope it proves valuable on your journey to become stronger. It's all yours, but I implore you not to employ my gift for malevolence or destruction."

Hazel replied in jest, "Don't worry. If I ever turn into a rampaging monster, Mircalla can deal with me in my sleep."

"Hmph! Don't suggest I do something terrible to my disciple!" Mircalla retorted, puffing out her cheeks.

"Just kidding. Anyway, you can trust me, sir. I've spent 18 years of my life in poverty, yet I've never succumbed to despair about my circumstances. My resilience is one of my strengths," Hazel affirmed.

Paradicus chuckled heartily. "I suppose Mircalla is content with your character. Please take care of my dear granddaughter until she's liberated from the ring." With those words, his form dissolved into green particles.

Hazel felt grateful for meeting him. Thanks to Paradicus, his list of grandpas grew. He checked his system as he allowed the green orb to merge with his being.

[GRANDPA LIST

3. Paradicus. Affection: 65.]

Hazel felt a twinge of regret that he hadn't had more time to converse with Paradicus. If only they could have shared a longer dialogue, he was certain he could have raised his affection to 69.

Pushing his disappointment aside, Hazel refocused on his training. The green orb had fully integrated into his body, but he sensed no immediate change. However, the system promptly delivered a notification.

[Congratulations! You have acquired the Nature Element Seed!]

"Have I truly obtained my first elemental?" Hazel wondered aloud. Despite the system's assurance, he felt no discernible difference in his body.

"Yes, but you must concentrate on training for the next 8 hours. If you can achieve that, I guarantee your aura will awaken upon completing the training," Mircalla said.

Hazel's eyes widened in astonishment. "Only 8 hours? Most people require an extended period to awaken their aura. Many high-level individuals haven't even achieved it yet, and here I am, still below level ten, potentially attaining it in less than a day!"

"Don't forget the effect of your Father's Love Ring's rank-zero spell," Mircalla reminded him.

Hazel momentarily forgot about his invaluable treasure in the form of a ring. He rubbed the jewel and summoned the ring's system screen.

[Name: Father's Love Ring]

[Effect 11: Limit Breaker. It was a rank-zero spell, highly regarded even among celestial beings. Its utility remained significant even as the user achieved higher levels. This spell enabled the user to shatter the boundaries of their potential during rigorous training, thereby enhancing the likelihood of improving the user's stat grade.]

The spell was passive, operating automatically during training, and Hazel took note of it. In addition to the passive spell, he had access to the [Training Potion] and [Stamina Potion]. With these three tools in hand and unwavering commitment to training, Mircalla assured him that his aura would awaken. Hazel nodded in readiness.

Mircalla proceeded to explain the intricacies of the [Celestial Gardens of Nine Stars], emphasizing that he should commit the technique to memory.

To awaken one's aura using this breathing technique, the practitioner needed only to repeat the mantra mentally while maintaining a specific rhythm in their breaths. The philosophy behind this method was the power of imagination. It was also the foundation of manipulating mana. Mana, a pure form of energy, could transform into various manifestations, including aura. Thus, the practitioner needed to envision the awakening of their aura while synchronizing it with their breathing.

However, simply imagining it while breathing was the conventional method. There was a more effective way—engaging in body movements, akin to dance and martial arts.

Hazel attentively followed Mircalla's movements as she demonstrated the dance of the first phase of the [Celestial Gardens of Nine Stars].

The dance was a graceful blend of acrobatics and martial arts. Hazel's initial attempts were clumsy, but within half an hour, he had perfected the mimicry.

Even as Mircalla ceased her demonstration, Hazel persevered, practicing without interruption. Ten minutes became an hour, which turned into two.

Time seemed to blur as the outside sky shifted hues. Hazel was alone in the training field, his determination unwavering. He remained wholly engrossed in his training, determined not to squander the effects of the [Training Potion].

Eight hours passed in this relentless pursuit. The potion's effects had waned minutes earlier, but Hazel pressed on. His body was drenched in sweat, his heart pounded in his chest, and his vision blurred, yet he persisted. He refused to give up before awakening his aura.

Even Mircalla, now in her spirit form, could only watch him with growing concern. She had miscalculated. Hazel couldn't attain aura awakening in his current condition.

After wrestling with her hesitation for several rounds, Mircalla finally spoke up. "Hazel, it's my fault. You can stop your training and rest. You're not well."

Hazel, however, remained unresponsive. In his state of exhaustion, he couldn't hear or think clearly. His body and breathing functioned on autopilot.

But Hazel, being a low-level individual, had his limits. His ax slipped from his grasp, his legs gave way, and he began to fall.

Yet, just as he teetered on the brink of collapse, a miraculous event occurred. His body emitted a faint light that steadily grew brighter. After a while, a vibrant green aura enveloped his entire being, and a system message materialized before him.

[Congratulations! You have learned Aura Ignition!]

[Congratulations! Your Celestial Gardens of Nine Stars has reached level 2!]

6