Chapter 1 – Trouble In Runescape
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baby the brown mackerel tabby cat lounged lazily on the desk, her striped tail swishing back and forth as she watched her owner Rose fire up the computer. The familiar RuneScape login screen appeared and Rose eagerly entered her username and password. Baby was accustomed to Rose spending hours immersed in the online fantasy world, clicking away at the keyboard and mouse, while colorful characters and landscapes flashed on the screen. 

As Rose's avatar spawned into the bustling streets of Varrock, Baby's curiosity was piqued. She crept closer to get a better look at the strange creatures her owner interacted with - goblins, dwarves, mystical wizards, and common chickens and cows. Oh how she wished she could explore that world! To lope through those forests in search of mice and birds to chase, to prowl those dark dungeons and see what surprises awaited around each corner, to meet other curious cats roaming the alleys.

"Hey Baby, come check this out!" Rose said, scratching the tabby behind her ears. "There's a huge drop party happening in Falador. I bet we'll get some awesome loot!" 

Baby meowed quizzically back at Rose, not comprehending her words. But the affectionate scratching felt nice and she purred her contentment. 

Rose clicked on a teleport to Falador spell and suddenly a flash of bright white light engulfed the screen. When it faded away, Baby realized she was no longer perched on the desk. She was standing in the middle of a bustling stone paved street, beneath a crystal blue sky. All around her towered walls and buildings of white stone bricks. This was clearly Falador.

Shocked, Baby realized she had somehow been transported into the game! She was surrounded by a sea of players garbed in robes and armor of every color, all talking excitedly amongst themselves. Overwhelmed, Baby's fur stood on end. How would she ever get back home?

"Meow! Meeeow!" she cried loudly, but Rose was nowhere to be seen or heard. She was still sitting at her computer, oblivious to Baby's predicament.

Baby slowly explored the streets, mewling plaintively at each person she passed, but no one seemed able to understand her distress. Some paused to briefly pet her before moving on with their questing.

"What an adorable kitty cat!" one player remarked. 

"Is this a new NPC or something?" mused another.

But all Baby wanted was to find Rose again. Surely her owner could help get her out of this mess and back home where she belonged.

Baby entered a building and saw players were lined up excitedly, removing items from their packs and placing them in a donation chest. With the pull of a lever, balloons cascaded from above which players gleefully popped for random prizes.

Baby’s eyes lit up. This was a drop party - players donated items to give away as prizes to others. She wanted to join in the fun.

Baby slipped outside into the sunny streets of Falador. Across the way stood the imposing white marble walls of the bank. An idea sprang to mind and Baby scampered over. She reached up with her furry paws and tugged open the heavy wooden door. Inside, clerks busily assisted customers while others accessed items from their personal bank chests. 

Somehow, there was already a chest allotted to Baby. She padded over and nosed it open. To her delight, it was filled to the brim with burnt lobsters. Baby eagerly clamped a bundle in her jaws. This would liven up that drop party!

Hurrying back across the street, bundle of lobsters dangling from her mouth, Baby rejoined the festivities. Players were still lining up with donations and eagerly awaiting their prize balloons. When there was a lull, Baby stealthily crept forward and shoved the pile of inedible, charred fish into the chest gleefully. When it was full, she slapped her paw on the lever. Balloons cascaded down as people cheered.

However, as they began popping the balloons to claim their prizes, angry shouts erupted. One by one, players retrieved nothing but burnt lobsters from the balloons.

"Ugh, burnt lobster again!" one player griped, tossing the worthless charred fish aside in disgust.

"This drop party is garbage! Who's the troll that filled the chest with trash?!" shouted another.

As a chorus of disgruntled players complained, Baby mischievously began collecting the discarded burnt lobsters to refill the chest. But her antics did not go unnoticed for long.

"Hey, it's that darn cat putting the burnt fish in!" 

"Get that little furball out of here!"

Baby's eyes widened in alarm as the mob turned on her. She scooped up a mouthful of burnt lobster and fled, the angry players in hot pursuit. Nimbly she wove through the streets of Falador, dodging legs, leaping over obstacles, and scattering lobsters in her wake. 

Baby continued running until she reached the city gates. She bolted through them and kept going, putting as much distance between herself and Falador as possible.

The little cat soon came across a strange portal floating in a field. It looked like a swirling vortex of purple and blue light. Outside it, several players were gathered advertising a house party.

“Level 99 construction party at Wildypker36!” a player shouted.

Curious, Baby wandered through the portal. She felt a tingling sensation as she passed through the light.

She found herself in the largest house she had ever seen! Baby explored the many rooms, filled with exotic decorations and furniture. She soon came across a lavish throne room. There was a throne on a raised platform, surrounded by red cushions and candles. Perched atop the throne was a player named Wildypker36 wearing an red party hat and his construction cape. He looked bored as he greeted the groups of guests who milled about the room.

As Baby crept closer, she noticed a lever on the side of the throne with signs labeling options for Varrock, Falador, Camelot, and Trollheim. Curious, the mischievous cat climbed up onto the platform and selected Trollheim. She pulled the lever, wondering what it might do. 

Suddenly, a group of players who had just entered the room disappeared in a flash of light. Baby chirped with amusement, realizing the lever was a teleporter. Just as more guests arrived, Baby pulled the lever again, making them vanish before they could properly greet their host.

“Welcome, everyone!” the homeowner proclaimed with a warm smile to each new group that entered. But each time, Baby teleported them away mid-sentence, chirping to herself.

Eventually, the host noticed his throne room was empty except for the chirping cat. When the next group appeared, he watched in frustration as Baby pulled the lever, whisking them away once more. 

"Stop it noob!" Wildypker36 shouted at Baby. But the cat ignored him, continuing to toy with the lever.

Having finally had enough of her antics, the homeowner pressed a hidden button on his throne. With a zap, Baby was forcibly ejected from the house and banned from entering again.

The little cat found herself back outside in the field, disappointed her fun had been cut short. She sighed and wandered off in search of new adventures and mischief to cause in the strange world of RuneScape.

Eventually Baby made her way to the village of Draynor. There she spotted the Wise Old Man, dressed in his robes and blue party hat, sitting outside his home. With a mischievous glint in her eyes, Baby sauntered over and leapt right onto his lap.

"Hey! Shoo, pesky creature!" the Wise Old Man scolded as he tried to brush Baby off. But she dug her claws in and refused to budge, nuzzling up against him insistently. 

The Old Man continued protesting as adventurers came by for advice. He tried giving sagely wisdom while simultaneously attempting to remove the purring cat curled up on his lap. Eventually he had enough and cast a telekinesis spell to lift Baby up and deposit her a distance away.

Unperturbed, Baby trotted off towards Draynor Marketplace. The stalls were bustling with merchants selling their wares and customers haggling for deals. Perfect for causing some trouble! 

Baby snuck up behind a man inspecting potions and batted a whole tray off the stall, sending colorful bottles crashing to the ground. The potions spilled and mixed, creating a cloud of smoke and a foul smell.

“Hey! What are you doing?” the merchant yelled in anger, trying to grab Baby. 

But Baby was too quick for him. She had already moved on to a fisherman’s stall. She swiped his pile of fresh fish with one paw, toppling them from the table and letting them flop to the dirty ground.

"Oi, Stop that this instant!" the fisherman cried in dismay, helplessly watching his livelihood flop around in the mud. He grabbed his net and flung it at the troublemaking cat, but she leapt out of reach once again.

Baby's next victims were the loaves of bread and cakes neatly arranged at the baker's stand. She hopped up onto the table and began nibbling on a large frosted cake. 

"My cake! Get away from there!" the baker protested. Baby responded by spitting a mouthful of cake crumbs directly at his face.

Chaos erupted around the marketplace as the cunning cat left wreckage and furious vendors in her wake. While they scrambled to stop her, Baby always managed to escape their grasps at the last second. Having thoroughly enjoyed herself, she scampered away from the havoc-filled square, pride swelling in her chest at the mayhem she had caused that day.

Baby made her way into the Lumbridge swamp, slipping unnoticed past several players engaged in various activities. She saw some fishing with a net, some mining for iron, and some chopping willows. She wasn’t interested in any of that. She wanted something more exciting.

Her green eyes lit up when she spotted a dark, dank cave entrance ahead. Creeping forward, Baby could see clearly in the dim light with her cat vision. Further in, she noticed a lone player exploring the cave with a flickering candle. He was wearing full black armor and wielding a dragon scimitar.

As the player turned, he spotted Baby and assumed she was a lost pet. "Well, hello there little kitty," he said as he approached. "What are you doing in a dangerous place like this?"

Baby let out a soft meow in response. 

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you," the player assured. "You can come along if you want. I'm looking for a cave crawler to slay. Nasty bugs...they poison you but they have some good loot."

With an encouraging chirp, Baby began following along behind him. 

Deeper into the cave, neither noticed the pockets of flammable swamp gas pooling on the rocky floor. As the player's candle passed over one, it ignited and exploded, extinguishing his light.

“Whoa! What was that?” the player exclaimed, startled by the blast.

He quickly relit his candle, hoping no one had seen him. He didn’t want to look like a noob.

But as soon as he did, the explosion happened again. The swamp gas was highly flammable and reacted with his candle.

“Ow! That hurt!” the player cried out, feeling his hit points drop.

He checked his health bar and saw it was rapidly decreasing. He realized he was in trouble.

He tried to run out of the cave, but he couldn’t see where he was going. Bugs began attacking him, dropping his hit points fast.

Baby watched with amusement as he panicked and fumbled in the dark.

Finally, a hand emerged from the cave wall and finished him off. His body disappeared, leaving behind a pile of coins and items.

Baby then trotted over and began inspecting the dropped items. She swatted a helm with her paw then nudged a boot around, clearly amused.

She saw his dragon scimitar lying on the ground and picked it up with her mouth, placing it in her bag.

She then started to collect the rest of his items - armor, food, coins, runes and even a Santa hat! Once her inventory was full, she went to the bank in Draynor to deposit the loot.

Pleased with her haul, Baby returned to the swamp cave to lure more victims. She sat at the entrance, meowing pathetically like a lost kitten. Several more players approached, wanting to help the “poor cat.”

“Hey there little fella, are you okay?” one player asked.

“You look lost, do you need help?” another player offered.

Baby let them venture fully into the cave before the swamp gas traps ignited, claiming their items. She rushed in to collect the drops, bringing them to deposit in her bank account.

After a few rounds of this, some of the players who had lost items gathered outside the cave. They complained to a Jagex moderator about a thieving cat in the cave.

“Mod Mark! Mod Mark! There’s a cat in there that’s scamming people!” one player shouted.

“Yeah! It lures us in with its cute meows and then lets us die to the swamp gas so it can pick up our items!” another player added.

The JMod investigated the situation and confirmed their claims. He placed a warning sign outside the entrance, reading “Beware of swamp gas! Bring a lantern.”

Baby’s easy source of items was cut off. She was annoyed by the JMod’s interference but decided to move on and see what else she could get into. 

The little cat made her way to Lumbridge, the noob village bustling with new players. She wandered the streets, knocking over stacks of cabbages and fruit carts. 

Curiosity led her to Lumbridge Castle. She slipped inside, her little paws silent on the stone floors. She peeked into rooms as she explored, finding beds to jump on and curtains to claw. Eventually she made her way to the castle kitchens, following the savory scents wafting through the halls. 

The head chef was busy preparing that night's feast, chopping vegetables and checking bubbling pots. Baby crept up behind him, licking her chops hungrily as she watched him work. When the chef turned to grab more ingredients, the mischievous cat leapt onto the counter.

The chef yelled in surprise as Baby meowed loudly in his face. "Shoo! Shoo, you furry menace!" he cried, waving his arms. Baby just meowed again, swatting at the man's chef hat and sending it toppling to the floor. 

The commotion brought the guards running. But each time they tried to grab the cat, she darted away with a hiss, knocking over bowls and tipping pots. Food and utensils went flying through the air as the guards slipped on spilled ingredients. 

Baby watched in delight from atop a high shelf, chirping happily at the chaos she had caused. With a final flick of her tail, she jumped through an open window and disappeared into the Lumbridge streets, leaving the castle kitchen in shambles behind her.

Next, she slunk into the Lumbridge crafting shop. She hopped up onto a spinning wheel and batted at it, sending threads unraveling in all directions. The shopkeeper yelled and tried to shoo Baby away, but she leapt over to a table and pushed a stack of cut leather onto the floor.

"Darn cat! Get out of here!" the shopkeeper shouted, waving his arms angrily. 

Baby ignored him and knocked over a basket of bolt cutters before diving under a table covered in bowstrings. She rolled around gnawing and tangling the bowstrings into an unsalvageable mess. 

Finally the furious shopkeeper managed to chase Baby out of the shop. But as she scurried away, a glitter of gold caught her eye. A Ring of Dueling lay on the ground, dropped by a customer. 

Baby curiously pawed at the ring. In a flash, it glowed and let out a magical chime. Before she knew it, Baby felt a swooping sensation and the crafting shop disappeared. 

When the dizziness passed, Baby found herself surrounded by towering castle walls and the sounds of battle. Flags whipped in the wind over spiky barricades. The ring had teleported her to Castle Wars!

Eager to explore this new place, Baby scampered off, weaving through the legs of armored players and past mages shooting spells. Shrieks rang out as she interrupted the battles, but Baby didn't care - this was even more fun than the crafting shop. Let the chaos begin!

Baby scurried through the midst of the Castle Wars chaos, evading capture and spells. She soon spotted the blue team's flag fluttering temptingly in their base. With a mischievous sparkle in her eyes, Baby snuck up and snatched the flag in her jaws before dashing away.

She scurried to a deserted corner and hoarded the flag, hissing and swatting at anyone who tried to approach. Using crates and barrels lying around, Baby built up barricades to guard her stolen prize. 

Soon her own red teammates noticed the flag was missing and came looking. But when they tried to get past Baby's barricades, she fluffed up her tail and let out an angry yowl, swiping her claws to drive them back. 

"Hey! We're on your team, give us the flag back so we can score!" one player shouted in frustration. But Baby refused to budge, guarding the blue flag fiercely. 

Finally her teammates gave up, grumbling in annoyance. With them out of the way, Baby snuck off again, leaving the blue flag hidden. 

She made her way back to the red team's base and wreaked havoc from within. Baby knocked over their flag stand, sabotaging their defenses. Her mischief allowed the blue team to sneak in and claim the flag! 

Her teammates cried out angrily as they saw what she had done. 

“Baby you traitor!”

“OMG wtf noob!” 

But Baby didn't care - outwitting both teams was the most fun of all! Tail held high, she sauntered away, ready for her next round of mischief.

Next, Baby wandered north to the city of Ardougne next. She spotted a group of players staking out the castle walls, peering around intently. Baby realized they were trying to spy on hidden penguin agents for points. A devious idea sprang to mind.

Baby grabbed a nearby bush and pulled it over herself as a disguise. She waddled up to the castle wall and waited for the players to find her.

"There's one!" a player exclaimed. But as they clicked on Baby, they got no reward.

"Huh? Why no points?" another asked in confusion. 

Unable to contain herself, Baby let out a small meow of amusement, giving herself away.

"It's that darn cat!" the players yelled in frustration as Baby emerged from her bush disguise. 

Having had her fun, Baby sauntered away. Near the castle she noticed a strange lever on the wall. Unable to resist, she batted at it with her paw. The lever shifted with a chunk and the ground rumbled beneath Baby' feet. 

In a blink she found herself in the dangerous wilderness. In the distance, she spotted another group of players spying on a penguin. Baby stealthily made her way through the trees closer to the penguin. With quick darting movements, she deliberately scared the penguin away each time the players got close to catching it. 

Their annoyed shouts floated through the trees as Baby led the penguin on a wild chase, preventing anyone from spying it. 

Eventually Baby got bored of chasing the penguin and wandered away, looking for something else to do. Soon she spotted a lone player wandering around with a clue scroll in hand. From her hiding spot in the bushes, Baby watched as he inspected the scroll, looked around pensively, then started digging into the ground with his shovel.

Realizing he was searching for buried treasure, Baby crept up and began sniffing around the disturbed earth. Her sharp feline senses picked up the faint scent of riches, and she started digging a few feet away from the unsuspecting player.

After a few minutes her paws hit something hard. Baby scraped away more dirt to reveal an ornate chest. Quick as a wink, she used her claws to pick the lock and open the lid. Inside, treasure greeted her greedy cat eyes. 

Baby helped herself to an Amulet of Fury, some Guthix trimmed armor, and a Robin Hood hat, stuffing them into her bag. She then took out some grimy old bones, an oak bow and a wizard hat and placed them in the now empty chest before closing the lid and covering it with dirt again.

Just in time, Baby scurried out of sight to watch as the player finally dug up the buried treasure. "Yes, got it!" he exclaimed excitedly as his shovel struck the chest. He wiped away the soil and opened the lid expectantly, only to find junk where riches should have been.

"OMG I HATE YOU JAGEX!" the player cried in dismay. 

Hidden in the bushes, Baby purred with satisfaction wearing her Robin Hood hat and her new amulet glinting around her furry neck.

After exiting the wilderness, Baby sauntered into Edgeville. A loud voice boomed from a colorful tent near the bank - "Come one, come all to Ferdinand's Fantastic Traveling Circus!" A man in a red coat waved tickets in the air, beckoning passersby. Baby let out an inquisitive chirp and bounded over. 

"Well hello there little lady!" the man chuckled. "Care to see the show?" He handed Baby a ticket. She grasped it in her mouth delicately and pranced inside.

The tent was alive with activity. Players were honing their skills at stations set up around the space. Some flung spells at target dummies or levitated objects, improving their magic. Others fired arrows or swung knives at targets, working on their ranging and strength. In one corner, a group of acrobats flipped and tumbled, practicing agility techniques. 

Baby' eyes grew wide at the sights and sounds. She scampered about, weaving between people's legs and chirping happily. A few players smiled at the curious kitten, while others shooed her away from their focused training. 

At the magic station, Baby batted playfully at the hem of a mage's robe. The mage yelled and accidentally shot a fireball, singeing the shirt of a ranger nearby. 

"Hey! Watch it!" shouted the ranger. But Baby had already dashed away, chirping mischievously. 

Some players perked up when they heard the chirps. "Is that Baby?" one asked. A few nodded, having recognized the legendary kitten from her previous antics around Gielinor. They kept a wary eye on her, expecting more mischief. 

Baby scurried up a ladder to the acrobat's platform. She crept along the high wire, meowing loudly. The acrobats wobbled, distracted by the furry intruder. "Shoo kitty!" they cried. But Baby ignored them, continuing to disrupt their act before leaping down and disappearing into the bustling circus.

Baby was having a fun time causing chaos in the circus tent. That is, until the Ringmaster stormed over, his impressive mustache bristling. 

"That's enough out of you, furball!" he bellowed, scooping up Baby. She meowed in protest as he carried her to the entrance and placed her outside. "Shoo! Go on now, you're banned from the circus!" 

Baby sat there for a moment, looking rather miffed at being kicked out. But soon her spirits perked up again. She gave herself a quick bath, then sauntered off in search of her next adventure. 

She made her way through the streets of Edgeville, following the smell of tasty fish coming from the river. Near the bridge, she spotted a tunnel entrance. Baby wiggled into the hole eagerly, curious to see where it led. 

The tunnel took her right to the Grand Exchange. There were so many people here! Baby happily weaved between legs, tripping up merchants and nudging over stacks of trade items. Many shouted in surprise at the kitten underfoot.

"It's Baby!" one merchant groaned. "That menace is back!" Baby trilled with delight at her notoriety. She took off, causing more chaos around the Exchange. 

As she neared the edge, Baby noticed a large trapdoor built into the stone floor. Her whiskers twitched with curiosity. She pawed at the door until it creaked open, then slipped down into the dark passage below. 

The tunnel led her all the way to Keldagrim, the vast dwarven city under the mountains. Baby eventually emerged in the bustling Trade Octagon. She barely had time to get her bearings before a dwarf shouted "Hey! No cats allowed!" 

Baby took that as her cue to flee, the jingle of her amulet echoing through the corridors as she looked for her next chance to stir up some excitement.

Baby scurried through the busy stone corridors of Keldagrim, dodging the thick boots of dwarves as they went about their business. She slipped unseen into the mine cart station, her eyes lighting up at the rumbling carts transporting ores back and forth. 

With a mischievous chirp, Baby leapt into an empty cart just as it began rolling down the tracks into the mines. She peered over the edge eagerly as dark tunnels whizzed by, meowing into the damp air. 

When the cart came to a stop at a depot, Baby hopped out, sending it rattling off down the track once more. She emerged into a large cavern bustling with activity. Mine carts squeaked along tracks lining the walls, while dwarves wheeled barrows laden with shining gold and coal.

Nearby, a shipment of smithing supplies was being unloaded from a mine cart. Baby sidled up behind a dwarf hefting a crate of silver ore. At the perfect moment, she hopped onto the crate, unbalancing the dwarf and sending its contents crashing down.

Chaos ensued as dwarves slipped on ore chunks and yelled after the troublemaking kitten. But Baby was already scampering away, trilling playfully at the mayhem she'd created. She disappeared into the maze of mine tunnels, ready to see what other mischief she could stir up deep under the mountains.

Baby stealthily slunk through the stone tunnels, her nose leading her towards the distinct scent of explosive powders. Soon she came across a heavy wooden door marked "Danger! Blasting Powder Storage." Nimbly leaping up, she managed to swing the door open with her paws.

Inside, hundreds of small kegs lined the room, each filled with volatile blasting powder. Baby' eyes grew wide with curiosity and mischief. She hopped up onto one stack of kegs and began batting at it playfully. The whole stack wobbled dangerously.

Undeterred, Baby sprang to another pile, toppling several kegs to the floor where they rolled around. A few sprung open, spilling black powder across the stone. Baby frolicked through the mess, sending up puffs of explosive dust.

Just then, two dwarven miners entered, carrying a fresh load of powder kegs. “Great Guthix!" one yelled, seeing the powder-covered kitten. "That cat’s gonna blow us all up!" 

The dwarves dropped their kegs and lunged for Baby, but she nimbly darted between their legs and out the door. They could hear her amulet jingling down the corridor as she disappeared into the tunnels once more.

The miners stared open-mouthed at the powdery chaos she'd left in her wake. 

One dwarf groaned, “That’s the last thing we need, Baby runnin’ amok with blasting powder!” 

They cautiously shut the door, hoping to contain the mischievous kitten's damage. 

Tired of causing trouble in Keldagrim, Baby peered into her bag and dug around until she found a stack of runes. She focused her mind on the busy streets of Varrock and felt the runes' magic whisk her away in a blur.

When the dizzying magic faded, Baby found herself in an alleyway near Varrock's central square. The smells of baked goods and roasting meat drifted from the market stalls. Baby's stomach rumbled, reminding her she hadn't eaten in some time.

Following her nose, Baby slunk around the edge of the crowded marketplace, nimbly avoiding the boots of merchants and shoppers. On the far side, she spotted a tavern with a creaking wooden sign reading "The Blue Moon Inn." 

Slipping through the doorway, Baby was greeted by warmth, the murmur of conversations, and inviting smells. She scouted under the tables until she spotted a black cat with a red collar lounging by the hearth. 

"Well, hello there, little one!" the black cat greeted in a gravelly voice. "The name's Bob. What brings you to this fine establishment?"

Baby meowed and introduced herself to the elderly Bob. She explained she was new to this world called Gielinor and trying to understand all its strange customs.

"Ah, a newcomer! Well sit down and let old Bob tell you about the ways of Varrock and Runescape," Bob offered. He shared tales of mighty quest heroes, magical spells and enchanted weapons, terrifying monsters plaguing the lands, and ancient mysteries buried across Gielinor waiting to be discovered. 

Baby listened in wonder, gaining appreciation for how vast and exciting this world was. She realized there was so much more to explore beyond pranks and mischief.

Bob regaled her with local legends until the innkeeper came by with two saucers of warm milk. Baby gratefully lapped up the treat as she took in all the new knowledge about the world she now called home.

Baby had been living in the Blue Moon Inn for a while, enjoying the company of Bob. She had also learned more about the world of RuneScape, and how to use magic and skills to survive. She had even made some friends among the humans and dwarves, who gave her quests and rewards.

One day, she received a letter from a mysterious person named Orlando Smith, who claimed to have discovered the location of Guthix's resting place. He invited her to join him in an expedition to explore the ancient cave and learn more about the god of balance. He said that this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and that he needed someone who was brave and adventurous.

Baby was intrigued by the offer. She had heard many stories about Guthix, and how he had created and shaped this world. She wondered what he looked like, and what he would say to her. She also felt a strange connection to him, as if he was calling her.

She decided to accept the invitation and meet Orlando Smith at the entrance of the cave. She packed her backpack with some supplies and left the inn, saying goodbye to Bob.

She arrived at the cave and saw a man with a black hat, wearing an amulet of cat speak. He greeted her warmly and introduced himself as Orlando Smith.

"Hello there, Baby," he said. "I'm glad you came. You must be very curious about Guthix."

Baby meowed politely.

"I am too," Orlando said. "I've been studying him for years, but I never thought I would find his actual resting place. This is a historic moment."

He gestured at the cave entrance.

"Shall we go in?" he asked.

Baby meowed again and followed him into the cave.

They walked through a series of tunnels and chambers, filled with ancient carvings and statues of Guthix. Orlando explained that these were made by his followers, who worshipped him in secret after he banished the other gods. He also pointed out some traps and puzzles that they had to avoid or solve along the way.

They finally reached a large door that was sealed with a magical lock. Orlando said that this was the final barrier before reaching Guthix's chamber.

He took out a key that he had found earlier and inserted it into the lock.

The door opened with a loud creak, revealing a dark passage beyond.

Orlando smiled and said, "We did it! We're almost there!"

She emerged into a large chamber, filled with plants and waterfalls. In the center of the chamber, there was a huge stone slab, on top of which lay Guthix.

He looked like some kind of monster with green skin and horns and had a peaceful expression on his face, as if he was dreaming.

Baby felt awed by his presence. She approached him slowly, wondering if he would wake up.

She reached his side and pawed his hand gently.

He opened his eyes and looked at her.

He smiled and said, "Hello there, Baby."

Baby was surprised and delighted to hear Guthix speak to her. She wondered how he knew her name, and how he could understand her.

She meowed happily and said, "Hello, Guthix. I'm so glad to meet you."

Guthix smiled and said, "I'm glad to meet you too, Baby. You're a very special cat."

Baby tilted her head and asked, "Why am I special?"

Guthix said, "You're special because you have a pure and balanced soul. You have both chaos and order, light and dark, good and evil within you. You're not bound by any one aspect of this world. You're free to choose your own path."

Baby felt confused and curious. She asked, "What does that mean?"

Guthix said, "It means that you have the potential to become anything you want. You can be a hero or a villain, a friend or a foe, a leader or a follower. You can shape this world or leave it alone. You can follow your heart or your mind. You can be yourself or someone else."

Baby listened intently to Guthix's words. She realized that she had the power to make choices and shape her own destiny, just like Guthix had shaped the world.

Guthix continued, "I have been watching over this world from my resting place, and I have seen the struggles and conflicts that arise from the imbalance. But I believe in the potential of individuals like you, Baby, to restore harmony and bring balance to this realm."

Baby knew that she wanted to make a difference and contribute to the balance of the world. She asked Guthix, "How can I do that? What can I do to bring balance?"

Guthix nodded approvingly and said, "First, you must understand the nature of balance and its importance. Balance is not about eradicating chaos or suppressing darkness. It's about finding harmony and embracing the coexistence of all aspects of life."

He paused for a moment, as if contemplating his next words, and then continued, "Venture out into the world, Baby. Explore its vast lands, meet its inhabitants, and learn from their stories and experiences. Seek out knowledge and wisdom from all corners of this realm. By understanding and respecting the diverse perspectives and forces at play, you can help restore balance." he said, settling back down onto his slab.

Baby thanked Guthix for his guidance and promised to honor his teachings.

As Baby turned to leave, Guthix spoke once more. "And tell Orlando Smith to stop poking around my cave." He chuckled softly before falling back into his slumber.

Baby chirped and promised to pass along the message. 

Baby exited the cave, blinking in the sudden sunlight. She saw Orlando Smith waiting expectantly near the entrance.

"Well, what did you find? Did you see Guthix?" he asked eagerly.

Baby meowed and relayed Guthix's message that Orlando should stop poking around his cave.

Orlando looked disappointed but nodded in understanding. "I suppose the great Guthix values his privacy after all. But at least now we know this is his true resting place!"

He gestured for Baby to follow him away from the cave. "Come, let's return to civilization and plan our next move."

As they hiked down the trail, Baby contemplated her encounter with the god of balance. His words about her potential and unique soul resonated within her.

When they arrived at a crossroads, Baby turned to Orlando and meowed farewell. She knew it was time for her to venture forth on her own journey across this vast realm. There was so much to explore and balance to be found.

Orlando bid her safe travels and they parted ways. Baby followed the east road towards the rising sun and a new adventure. She wondered what lands she would discover, what creatures she would meet, and what wisdom she could gain.

0