Volume 1 Chapter 2 – The Guardians
280 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Momonga opened his eyes and blinked once. He had not been booted from the game. He was still in the throne room of Nazarick. Was the server shutdown pushed back?

“What’s going on…?”

He quickly tapped the air, trying to bring up his console menu, but it didn’t work. What was happening? He attempted all manner of game features, including the GM call, but to no avail. It was then that he realized he was surprisingly calm about the situation. However, he did not have time to dwell on that fact.

“What the hell is this!?”

That wasn’t Momonga. He finally noticed that in front of him, at the foot of his throne, was a quivering pile of pink sludge that definitely wasn’t there before.

“Momonga? Is that you?? Where am I!? Is this… YGGDRASIL!?!? Why can’t my body move!?”

“Lord Momonga? Lady Bukubukuchagama? Is something wrong?” a soft, feminine voice came from beside Momonga. He did a double take, staring down at the concerned face of Albedo. The NPC had just spoken. 

Though it wasn’t uncommon for voiced lines to be programmed into preset characters or NPCs, player-created NPCs never did. It was just too infeasible with the current technology.

Then he looked back at the pink sludge that had just spoken. It’s true, it did resemble Bukubukuchagama, his fellow guild member. But why was she here as well?

Momonga’s first guess was that they had been somehow dropped into YGGDRASIL II without knowing. After all, AI voice acting becoming better and better. Perhaps the developers were attempting something with that technology?

However, his theory about a YGGDRASIL II was only enforced when a block of text appeared in front of him, accompanied by a monotonous, yet feminine voice.

<Additional world content indexed. Requesting administrator permission to download required content>

Momonga blinked again in confusion. What…? Index? Administrator? It was like some kind of computer. Or… game…

“What!?!?” Gurgled the slime, her reaction was the same as his, clearly. However, before he could continue his train of thought, the computerized voice continued.

<Access granted. Extracting additional content from repositories>

<New skills have been added. Character [Momonga] has been created. Skill data has been installed>

<Chief administrator D has granted [Momonga] skill [Appraisal LV10]>

<Chief administrator D has granted [Momonga] skill [Naming]>

<Chief administrator D has granted [Momonga] skill [n%I=W]>

<Chief administrator D has granted [Momonga] unique skill [Lord of Nazarick]>

<Chief administrator D has granted [Momonga] unique title [Lord of Nazarick]>

<Installing new data>

Momonga was suddenly hit with a splitting headache. Grunting, he clutched his skull with his bony hands and doubled over. But just as quick as it had appeared, it vanished. Momonga looked up, collecting himself. He would worry about what had just happened in a moment. The first order of business was to assess the current situation. To figure out what Bukubukuchagama was doing here, and why she wasn’t back at her own home, first and foremost, he would have to remain calm. He was surprised once again at how easily this came to him, but chose not to dwell on that thought at the moment.

He turned towards Bukubukuchagama and spoke. “Chagama, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I think… God, did you feel that? It was like a thousand knives in my head at once…” The slime quivered as she spoke. It was definitely her voice.

“Albedo?” He looked over at the succubus, who nodded. “Yes, Lord Momonga. Thank you for your consideration.” She smiles bashfully, a tint of red creeping up her cheeks.

Once again, Momonga chose to ignore the train of consideration that could stem from that and looked back over at Bukubukuchagama. “Did you hear that as well?”

“Yeah, I think I did. Something about… new skills? ‘Humanification’? Wait, wha–”

A light began to shine from Bukubukuchagama, as slowly her form condensed into that of a far more humanoid one. Where there was once a pile of gooey ooze, there was now a tall, tan-skinned, and blonde elf with heterochromatic blue and green eyes. She also had toned abs, erotic curves, and a large– Momonga shook his head. He had been taken by surprise by the sudden appearance of the naked woman in front of him. But still, why was he looking at her like that? He quickly averted his gaze, and spoke up. “Ahem… Chagama, your clothes…” he said in a weak voice, though he found his embarrassment was quickly squashed by an unknown force.

“Oh, come on now! Stop looking!” She huffed, despite the fact that Momonga currently wasn’t looking at all. Momonga turned to Albedo. “Albedo, put Nazarick on high alert and meet me with all of the floor guardians except for the fourth and eighth-floor guardians on the sixth floor,” he ordered. “Oh, and tell one of the homunculus maids to bring Chagama some clothing.”

The succubus bowed. “Yes, Lord Momonga,” she replied respectfully, before walking off.

He then turned to the row of servants stood by the throne. The Pleiades battle maids, which were created to guard the throne room, and their leader, the butler Sebas. Sebas was a level 100 NPC, but the Pleiades were all around level 60, so any player that had managed to get through the first 9 floors of Nazarick probably would not be stopped by them. Their single goal was to buy time so all the guild members could assemble in the throne room for a last stand.

“Sebas! Take Yuri Alpha with you and survey the surroundings of Nazarick. If you encounter movement or a settlement of any kind, retreat immediately. Have the rest of the Pleiades guard the throne room.” Momonga said to the elderly butler. 

The butler bowed. “Understood, my lord.” He quickly turned and walked off, followed by the other six combat maids.

“Lady Bukubukuchagama, your clothes.” Momonga turned as he heard a voice, one that belonged to a young girl in a simple maid uniform. “

The now humanoid slime-elf quickly took the clothes, which were little more than a plain white dress, but it did enough to keep her modesty and do she hurriedly put it on before looking up at Momonga, who was still averting his eyes.

“O-Okay… you can look… sorry.” She mumbles, looking down guiltily. “I think… I messed up…” she mumbles.

Momonga shook his head. “Think nothing of it. You simply took me by surprise is all.” He replied, ignorant to the fact that this was not at all what she had meant. “More importantly, we should explore these so called skills. It appears we each both different skills.”

“Momonga… I need some time alone to process this, please.” She replied, looking up at him.

Momonga watched her carefully, then nodded. “You’re right. I apologize for my insensitive suggestion. Go ahead and get some rest.”

Bukubukuchagama nodded and stood up, starting to leave, but before she did, she paused and looked up at Momonga sitting on his throne. “By the way… I don’t know how you did it Momo, but you’re really really cool now.” She replied, before disappearing in a flash of light, teleporting to the 9th floor. 

Momonga blinked and covered his face with a skeletal hand. ‘I look cool now? I wasn’t cool before?’ He shook his head. Though in fairness, even he had to admit that he was kind of an introvert before. For some reason, he felt that now he had a lot more confidence, and didn’t get flustered nearly as easily.

Though the most glaring issue he would have to attend to would be how Bukubukuchagama had appeared in the throne room of Nazarick upon the supposed server shutdown, that could be discussed with her at a later time. Right now, he had to try and parse these new skills he seemed to have received. What were they again? He racked his brains to remember. He wasn’t really paying attention at the time, and with the inability to bring up his game menu, he was forced to try and remember.

“Let’s see, one of them was… a bunch of numbers I think, and another was called Lord of Nazarick. What were the others? Was it… Appraisal?” He muttered to himself. However, to his surprise, at the word “Appraisal,” a display would appear in his field of vision. 

<Tenth Floor of The Great Tomb of Nazarick: Throne room>

Momonga nodded with surprise and interest. So this was a skill that did exactly what it said, it seemed. And all he had to do to use it was just to think about it? He tried turning the skill on himself and used it once more.

<Overlord LV100 Name Momonga

Status: HP 29,098 (green)                                     MP 31,572 (blue)

            SP 20,862 (yellow)                                          21,856 (red)

Average Offense Ability: 16,462                          Average Defense Ability: 14,546

Average Magic Ability: 30,756                             Average Resistance Ability: 17,241

Average Speed Ability: 22,922

Skills:

HP Ultra-Fast Recovery LV1  •  MP Rapid Recovery LV10  •  MP Minimized Consumption LV10  •  SP Rapid Recovery LV10  •  SP Minimized Consumption LV10  •  Ultimate Life LV10  •  Ultimate Magic LV10  •  Ultimate Movement LV10  •  Fortune LV10  •  Fortitude LV10  •  Stronghold LV10  •  Deva LV10  •  Sanctum LV10  •  Magic Power Super-Attack LV10  •  Energy Super-Attack LV10  •  Dark Enhancement LV10  •  Black EnhancementLV10  •  Magic Divinity LV10  •  Magic Power Conferment LV10  •  Magic Conferment LV10  •  Battle Divinity LV10  •  Energy Conferment LV10  •  Ability Conferment LV10  •  Dimensional Maneuvering LV10  •  Cooperation LV10  •  Tactician LV10  •  Fartalk LV10  •  Kin Control  •  Create Undead LV10  •  Sublimation  •  Concentration LV10  •  Appraisal LV10  •  Precise Magic Power Operation LV10  •  Heretic Magic LV10  •  Fire Magic LV10  •  Flame Magic LV10  •  Lightning Magic LV10  •  Bolt Magic LV10  •  Shadow Magic LV10  •  Dark Magic LV10  •  Black Magic LV10  •  Spatial Magic LV10  •  Dimensional Magic LV10  •  Heavy Magic LV10  •  Abyss Magic LV10  •  Negative Energy Touch  •  Destruction Resistance LV10  •  Destruction Super-Resistance LV9  •  Impact Resistance LV10  •  Impact Super-Resistance LV9  •  Cutting Resistance LV10  •  Cutting Super-Resistance LV9  •  Piercing Resistance LV10  •  Piercing Super-Resistance LV9  •  Shock Resistance LV10  •  Shock Super-Resistance LV9  •  Flame Resistance LV5  •  Black Nullification  •  Heavy Nullification  •  Status Condition Nullification  •  Acid Nullification  •  Rot Nullification  •  Faint Nullification  •  Fear Nullification  •  Lightning Resistance LV10  •  Bolt Resistance LV10  •  Bolt Nullification  •  Ice Resistance LV10  •  Freeze Resistance LV10  •  Freeze Nullification •  Heresy Super-Resistance LV6  •  Pain Nullification  •  Suffering Nullification •  Night Vision LV10  •  Five Senses Super-Enhancement LV10  •  Despair Aura LV5  •  Rite of Darkness LV10  •  Undead Aura LV10  •  Undead Creation LV10  •  Undead Domination LV10  •  Undead Strengthening LV10  •  Naming  •  The Goal Of All Life Is Death  •  Lord of Nazarick  •  n% I = W

Skill Points: 30,000

Titles:

Lord of Nazarick  •  Super-Tier Magic Caster>

The sheer amount of words that flooded his field of view caused Momonga to freeze up momentarily. He suddenly felt a soothing sensation, and once again found himself much calmer. It seemed that whenever his emotions began to rise, something forcefully pushed them back down. Whatever the case, he found it rather useful for this particular situation, as his mind quickly returned to processing the information he had just been assaulted with in a logical manner. 

A brief glance over his stats and skills told him that most of his abilities were simply some form of transferred or translated version of the skills he had in YGGDRASIL. His spells were not listed, but as the thought crossed his mind he realized he already had instinctive knowledge of all of the spells he could cast. 

There were two skills that stuck out to him, however. First was a skill that looked like glitched code. He couldn’t begin to parse what it meant or did, so he chose to ignore it for now. The second was the Lord of Nazarick skill. Considering the name of the skill, and that it appeared to be tied to a title of the same name, Momonga concluded that it had something to do with his position as guild leader. 

Momonga stood up and prepared his teleport ring. The rest of his skills could be examined more deeply at another point in time. As of now, he wanted to run some tests, and the best place to do that would be the sixth-floor colosseum.

<X>

Momonga appeared in the entryway to the Colosseum in a flash of light, before stepping out into the large stone arena. Hundreds of golems sat in the stands, watching what currently appeared to be nothing at all. However, as he glanced around the arena, he noticed a tiny blur catapult from the edge of one of the ledges at the arena’s edge and land on the ground below with a thump and a dramatic pose.

The blur then rushed over to Momonga and skidded to a stop about a foot in front of him. There stood an elf girl with tomboyish features, short blonde hair, dark skin, and blue and green heterochromatic eyes. She really did resemble a younger version of Bukubukuchagama’s new “humanified” form. Ainz already knew who she was, and realized not only did he remember who she was, but he also had instinctive knowledge of all of her new stats and skills. He could only assume this was a result of his [Lord of Nazarick] skill.

“Welcome to the sixth floor of Nazarick. Lord Momonga!” The dark elf girl bowed deeply as she addressed the overlord.

“Aura. I will be intruding for a while.” He tells her, making his way to a more centered position in the arena.

“What are you saying, Lord Momonga? You are the supreme ruler of Nazarick! There’s no way you could be intruding!” The girl responded, following eagerly after him.

“By the way, where is your brother?” Momonga raised a skeletal hand to his chin in thought as he made the observation.

“My bro—?” She blinks, looking around before turning back to the way she came. “Mare!! You’re making Lord Momonga wait!!”

A meek voice came from the other side of the wide arena. “B-But sis… it’s scary…”

“Mare!!!” Aura shouted again, shaking her head and shooting Momonga an apologetic grin as another figure dropped from the ledge, though with much less style or grace, nearly stumbling over as they landed, before hurriedly rushing over.

The young boy did not look like one, having the longer hair of a girl and wearing a short skirt rather than pants like his sister, though he clearly resembled her in appearance. The boy fidgeted anxiously as he squeezed his skirt and looked up at Momonga.  

“I-I am sorry, Lord Momonga…!” He apologized quickly, looking away guiltily.

“Don’t worry about it, Mare. I just wish to run some tests.” Momonga replied, waving his hand in a reassuring gesture. At his order, a pair of straw dummies were hauled out into the arena by some of the golems from the stands. Momonga waited until they had left before watching the dummies thoughtfully from his position. Raising a hand into the air, he was once again able to recognize that he had an instinctive knowledge of how to craft the magic circle required to cast the spell. It was a little different than in YGGDRASIL, but he was able to summon the magic circle he desired within only a brief moment, complete with specifications for range, duration, and targets or area of effect, if applicable. A bright red magic circle appeared before his palm, complete with an intricate design, as he felt the mana flow through his body, and collect in the tips of his fingers, allowing him to release the spell whenever he wished once the magic circle’s construction was completed.

“[Summon Primal Fire Elemental!]” Releasing the spell, he spoke with a booming, powerful voice, and watched as the two straw dummies each burst into flame. The fires collected and condensed together until they formed a large, swirling mass of burning fire and anger. A Primal Fire Elemental, in YGGDRASIL it was about a level 80 summon, and thanks to his [Lord of Nazarick] skill, Momonga didn’t have to appraise it to know that the same was true here. It appeared that his [Lord of Nazarick] skill applied not only to denizens of the tomb, but to anything he summoned as well.

“Woahh!” Momonga heard a gasp of surprise from by his side. Turning to look, he saw Aura watching the elemental with an excited look.

“Aura, would you like to fight it?” he asked, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

The dark elf girl looked up at him with big, excited eyes. “Can I!?”

Momonga nodded, and watched as Aura dragged her weakly protesting brother into the middle of the ring. “Primal Fire Elemental, attack the twins!” he shouted and stood back as he observed their fight. The two level-100 NPCs should have no issue fighting the summon.

“Lord Momonga,” He heard a gruff voice in his ear. Looking around, he saw nobody, but quickly realized the voice was coming from inside his head. {This Fartalk skill appears to function similarly to the Message spell. I hope it is not a problem to communicate in this manner?}

Momonga recognized that the owner of the voice was Sebas, who he had sent out to do some reconnaissance. After a moment of trying to get the hang of the new skill, he too was able to learn that it functioned in much the same way as the Message spell. {It is no problem, Sebas. What have you found?}

{Nazarick appears to be situated in a grassy plain as far as the eye can see. There is no sign of anything intelligent or living, with the exception of a few small wildlife,} the butler replied in his head.

{Oh? Just grass? Does the grass have any status effects, like cutting or poisoning when it’s stepped on?}

{As far as I can tell, my lord, it is just ordinary field grass.} Sebas’s report suggested that the Tomb had moved locations, in fact, it was likely no longer in YGGDRASIL at all, or at least none of the nine realms within the world of the game. 

{Understood. Return to the sixth floor of Nazarick, and give your full report in person,} Momonga ordered, before turning back to the two dark elf twins who had just defeated the summoned elemental and were now running up to him, panting and out of breath. 

“Thank you, Lord Momonga! I haven’t had a workout like that in a while!” Aura said, chuckling as she bent over, resting her hands on her knees as she caught her breath.

“You two must be thirsty,” Momonga observed, deciding that this was a perfect opportunity to test if his inventory, as well as the items he had within it, still worked as they were supposed to. As he reached out with the intent to summon something from his inventory, it opened up a dark portal which he reached into, and found the item he wished to use immediately within his grasp. 

Pulling what appeared to be a pitcher of water from the void, as well as two small glasses, Momonga handed a glass to each of the twins and poured the pitcher of water for them. His inventory worked, and items did too, it seemed. He quickly put the pitcher of water back into the void he had taken it from, just as a similar dark void appeared to his right.

“Oh~! Th-Thank you, Lord Momonga!!” The two blushing twins ecstatically thanked him, gulping their glasses down like eager puppies.

“I-I expected you would be scarier, Lord Momonga…” Mare observed, shifting anxiously where he stood.

“Oh?” Momonga chuckled. “I can be scarier if you would like,” he offered.

“N-No! How you are now is good!” The young elf frantically covered himself.

“Oh my, am I first~?”

A high-pitched, childish voice rang out as a small, pale girl in a gothic Lolita-style dress with crimson eyes and long silver hair stepped through the void.

“Shalltear. So you’ve arrived.” Momonga observed, watching the pale girl with interest. He didn’t need to Appraise her to know that she had a very interesting set of skills, and with his [Lord of Nazarick] skill, he already knew exactly what each of those did. The most notable one was her new skill [Vampire]. Unlike in YGGDRASIL, it seemed that now she had the ability to turn any creature she drank blood from into her vampire thralls. Whether it be human, demihuman, or even beast, it appeared that the only restriction to the skill was the level of the creature, as she couldn’t turn anything that was a higher level than her or had higher stats than her in more than two categories. Still, at Level 100, that didn’t seem to be a major issue, assuming the new world they found themselves in was anything like YGGDRASIL in terms of the average power level.

Suddenly, the girl rushed forward, and threw herself into the chest of Momonga with a delighted squeal, her arms hanging around his neck like some kind of bizarre necklace. “Oh, Lord Momonga! My beloved master~! The sole being I cannot conquer!” She sighed wistfully into the skeleton’s chest.

Momonga’s body was engulfed in a bright green glow and the flustered feelings he felt at suddenly having this young-looking girl clinging to him completely washed away.

“Ugh, I think that’s enough…” Aura mumbled, in a voice just barely audible to Momonga and Shalltear.

“Shut it, pipsqueak,” Shalltear grumbled back.

“Hmph. Fake boobs.”

“Uwah–!? How did you know!?” the vampire yelped, letting out a cry of indignation as she covered her chest.

“Looks like I was right! That’s probably why you used a [Gate] to get here, isn’t it? You stuffed them so much, so they would move around if you ran.” The young dark elf girl crossed her arms and grinned smugly.

“Hmph! You’re one to talk! You’ve got nothing yourself!” The vampire fired back.

“I’m only seventy-six, so I’ve got time to grow! You, on the other hand, are undead, so you just gotta be happy with what you got!” Aura declared, confident in her winning snipe. And it appeared that she had, as Shalltear seemed to struggle to find a response to that, merely letting out a series of annoyed grumbles and expressions of “shorty” but lacking any proper counter.

“WHAT A RUCKUS.” A deep, booming voice interrupted the pair’s squabble, as a large, bulky insectoid approached, a cold chill following in his every step. “YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF A SUPREME BEING. CONTROL YOURSELVES.”

The creature had a shiny blue carapace, and six, large, round eyes. Instead of a mouth, it had two large, grasping mandibles that appeared large enough that they could easily eviscerate the average human if given the chance. It stood on two, sturdy legs, and four powerful arms rested at its sides. It had a tail that was nearly the length of its body, which was covered all over in large ice spikes, the largest of which sprouted from the creature’s shoulder blades.

“Thank you for coming, Cocytus.” Momonga greeted the approaching creature, who merely shook his head as he planted the large halberd that he carried into the floor of the arena. 

“I COME IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU CALL, SUPREME ONE,” Cocytus replied with a slight bow of his head. “IT APPEARS DEMIURGE AND ALBEDO ARE HERE AS WELL.” 

Momonga followed the warrior’s gaze to see Albedo leading a man in a bright orange pinstripe suit with a hooked nose, round glasses, and slicked-back hair toward Momonga. Albedo bowed in greeting, and the man followed suit, giving an elegant bow before speaking. “I am sorry to keep you all waiting.”

“This is everyone then,” Momonga noted.

Albedo nodded in response, kneeling before Momonga and speaking. “Guardians. Let us perform the ritual of allegiance.” 

Shalltear stepped forward first, lowering her head as she kneeled before Momonga as well, each of the Guardians present following in turn. “Guardian of the First, Second, and Third floors, Shalltear Bloodfallen. I bow before you, Supreme One.”

“GUARDIAN OF THE FIFTH FLOOR, COCYTUS. I BOW BEFORE YOU, SUPREME ONE” The insectoid copied Shalltear, kneeling as he lowered his head and held his halberd aloft at his side.

“Guardian of the Sixth Floor, Aura Bella Fiora. I bow before you, Supreme One!”

“A-Also Guardian of the Sixth Floor, Mare Belle Fiore. I bow before you, Supreme One.”

The twins repeated each in turn, before quickly kneeling at the same time as a unit.

“Guardian of the Seventh floor, Demiurge. I bow before you, Supreme One.” The demonic figure stepped forward and spoke with an elegant bow.

“Head of the Floor Guardians, Albedo. I bow before you, Supreme One.” Albedo finally declared, kneeling as she looked up at Momonga. “We await your orders, Supreme One!”

The pure devotion displayed by the floor guardians momentarily gave Momonga pause. He stared in astonishment briefly, before he was once again calmed by the soft green aura. Lamenting the fact that he, as an ordinary salaryman, was not prepared for this kind of situation, he collected his thoughts and spoke up.

“For those unaware, Nazarick is currently caught up in an unknown situation. First and foremost, you all must be aware of the skills you have been granted. Though why we have these skills remains to be seen, it does not appear that they are harmful in any way, so please inform all of your respective subordinates that there is nothing to worry about in that regard.”

“Yes, Lord Momonga!” The guardians all shouted devoutly together, looks of relief washing across each of their faces. It appeared that they were all somewhat worried about that new development.

“Secondly, for some unknown reason, Nazarick has also been transported to a different location altogether. I sent Sebas out to scout the area, and he will now give a detailed report of what he found.”

Momonga turned to look at the butler who was standing by the entrance to the arena. How long he had been standing there was a complete mystery, but regardless, Momonga had noticed he had returned at some point during the guardian’s ritual of fealty. He awaited the butler’s report as the man stepped towards him.

“Yes, my lord. Like I said in my message, It appears that Nazarick is surrounded by grasslands as far as the eye can see. There are no intelligent entities, settlements, or monsters within the general vicinity, only small animals that one might expect to be living in such a setting.”

“Grasslands… I see. Nice work, Sebas. Guardians! Raise the security level of Nazarick to maximum. Be on guard for potential raiders, and capture any intruders alive if possible. Buku appeared in the throne room without warning, so it’s possible we might have other unexpected guests.” Momonga ordered the guardians.

“Yes, Lord Momonga!” They shouted, however this time Mare and Aura refrained from voicing their affirmation. Momonga noticed the complicated expression they shared and gestured to them. 

“Mare, Aura, you two may speak your minds.” 

The two elves nodded quickly, and Aura looked up at him and spoke with a trembling voice much unlike her. “L-Lord Momonga… By… ‘Buku…’ Do you happen to be referring to Lady Bukubukuchagama…?”

Mare looked up at him as well with hopeful eyes. “I-Is it true? L-Lady Bukubukuchagama has really r-returned!?”

“Ah, right.” Momonga nodded to himself. The two elf twins had been created by Bukubukuchagama in much the same way as Albedo and her sisters were created by Tabula. To be informed of her sudden appearance in such a casual manner was probably more than a small bombshell for them. He quickly nodded and chose to ease their emotions. 

“Yes, she has returned, but she is currently attending to something important and is not to be disturbed,” the Overlord told them. It was a bit of a lie that she was doing something important, but he figured that this was the best excuse to get all of the guardians to leave her alone. He suspected that she needed time to herself to make sense of her situation. After all, he had been completely blindsided by the sudden situation, and he had the advantage of his emotional suppression, as well as already being in-game and so having less of an adjustment to make. Buku had neither, so he couldn’t blame her for taking it pretty hard.

Momonga ignored the two elves’ sighs of excitement and glanced down at Mare. “Is there a way we can conceal Nazarick? I think it might be too strenuous to maintain an illusion spell large enough to keep the tomb hidden.”

The dark elf thought for a moment, before speaking up. “P-Perhaps if we covered the walls with d-dirt?” He asked anxiously, almost as if trying to consider if that was actually a viable option. Or perhaps he was trying to guess something he thought Momonga had already imagined.

“You would soil the glorious walls of Nazarick with dirt!?” Albedo hissed, glaring back at him.

“Albedo. Enough. I am speaking to Mare.” Momonga spoke with a powerful finality that left no room for argument, not that the succubus would dream of doing so. Instead, she lowered her head in apology.

“I-I am sorry, Lord Momonga. Forgive me.”

Momonga then turned back to Mare. “Is it possible to conceal the walls with dirt?”

Mare slowly nodded. “Y-Yes… but, only if you allow it of course…” He seemed quite apprehensive after Albedo’s outburst. However, Momonga considered it a beneficial strategy.

“Then that is what we shall do. Lastly, I have a question to ask you all. I would like to ask you all, what kind of person do you see me as? Shalltear?” He looked at the vampire curiously. He had to confirm the devotion they expressed for himself.

“You are a concentration of perfect beauty, Lord Momonga! I cannot imagine a more perfect existence than yourself!” She replied without a modicum of hesitation.

“Cocytus?”

“THE STRONGEST IN NAZARICK, AND THE MOST POWERFUL WARRIOR OF ALL.”

“Aura?” 

“A wise and merciful ruler, as well as exceedingly considerate!”

“Mare?”

“I-I think you’re really cool, and kind…!”

“Demiurge?”

“You make every decision with the utmost consideration and carry a boundless intelligence. I think the word ‘inscrutable’ describes you perfectly.” 

“Sebas?”

“The ruler of Nazarick, and the leader of all the supreme beings.”

“And lastly, Albedo?”

“You are the greatest of the Supreme Beings, the strongest, and the one who stands above them all! Especially in the most important ways~!” She shot him a flirtatious grin as she responded.

“I see. I believe I understand all of your opinions of me. Carry out your work dutifully, and strive to serve Ainz Ooal Gown as best as you can!”

With that, he teleported away using his ring and sighed, leaning against one of the walls as he appeared in a random corridor on the ninth floor. He rested a hand on his face and grumbled to himself. “Ahhh… Why do they all think so highly of me?”

It was then that he facepalmed once again, realizing he had his despair aura turned on. How long had that been active? He must have turned it on by accident at some point during his meeting with the guardians, as it definitely wasn’t active when he was alone with the twins.

Picking up his staff, he shook his head and sighed once again as he started down the expansive and extravagant corridor. “Oh… I should probably check on Buku. Out of the fire and into the frying pan, it seems…”

7