Bonus Chapter #1: Josephnite Flyer
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bonus Chapter #1: Josephnite Flyer

A blue sky filled the dream that Josephnite Flyer was having at this moment. Josephnite Flyer’s suit is light green, dark green and black themed. Josephnite Flyer’s light green helmet is lightweight and contains a visor inside of it for when he needs to hide his eyes and view more information about what is going on around him when he patrols Janiki or fights people who pop up and cause trouble.

Josephnite Flyer has repulsors on both of his hands and his boots, which allow him to fight and fly with light beams of light green energy coming out of them in different forms; his boot repulsors are typically used to propel himself off of the ground so that he can fly around the skies of Janiki. While Josephnite Flyer’s hand repulsors are generally used to stun people and fight them, Josephnite Flyer can also switch them into lethal mode which can be useful for when he needs to blow things up.

Josephnite Flyer also has a belt on his waist that directly connects to his suit, allowing its crystal-looking gem in the middle of it to glow, and is mainly for show. At odd times, Josephnite Flyer will pretend to grab for something on his belt to throw off the person he is fighting and cause them to either flinch or run away from him instead of trying to fight him head-on. This allows Josephnite Flyer to use this bluffing method to his advantage on his patrols or battles with the perpetrators he’s pursuing.

On Josephnite Flyer’s chest is his signature symbol. The symbol itself is a big dark green stretched-out and tilted hexagon, with a black outline and black initials written on the inside of the dark green tilted hexagon that spells out the initials of his name ‘JF.’

 

Josephnite Flyer was unable to realise at this moment that he was in a dream but was still over the moon to realize that he was finally in a place that reminded him of Earth again. Josephnite Flyer didn’t even think logistically for a second about how he made it back to Earth from Janiki and told himself with tears streaked down his face from underneath his visor.

“Man, where on Earth am I? This looks so cool!”

Josephnite Flyer exclaimed in the empty but breezy place as he looked around with a grin under his bright and light green visor. Josephnite Flyer, while still in his suit, stood at six feet tall, or one hundred and eighty-three centimetres tall, to be exact. Before Josephnite Flyer could bask in the feeling of being back on Earth and in a strange place that reminded him of the first scene of an anime opening that involved ghouls that he watched back on Earth, Josephnite Flyer saw a message in his visor that was trying to tell him.

“Josephnite Flyer, it appears you are in * ***** “

Josephnite Flyer was still so flabbergasted that he was back on Earth that he didn’t even read the message properly and opened up his visor, to reveal his puffy red and teary eyes. Josephnite Flyer told himself out loud while tears streaked down his face and his voice chuckled at how unrealistic this situation seemed.

“It seems to be the perfect conditions to see the ocean mirror the sky and give off the illusion that I’m floating in mid-air!”

Josephnite Flyer himself is a human man in his early twenties named Joe but tells everyone that his name is Joseph. A five foot, ten inches tall or one hundred- and seventy-eight-centimetre, tall man with long messy white hair and black facial hair. Josephnite Flyer’s body is healthy, strong, and fit due to the amount of work he has to do daily that involves him actively fending for his life once he leaves his base of operations, either willingly or unwillingly.

Josephnite Flyer decided to fly upwards but didn’t feel like he was moving at all when he tried to. Josephnite Flyer felt tethered to where he was currently hovering since the sky did not seem to change in altitude at all. No clouds passed him, making it look like he was boosting up in a spot of air.

Josephnite Flyer stopped at what he thought was in mid-air by turning off his boot repulsors, only to realize that he was only a few meters above the water that he was hovering above. Once Josephnite Flyer hit the ground below himself with a thin film of water on it, the water below him splashed while rippling, seemingly infinite all around him.

 

Josephnite Flyer soon heard a familiar voice behind him and in the distance as it approached him in his dream, but once Josephnite Flyer blinked his eyes in his dream, he woke up in his bed with Bronze Flyer knocking on his bedroom door from the outside of his ‘bedroom.’ Bronze Flyer was asking Josephnite Flyer to wake up since he was still in bed when he should be getting up to prepare for the day.

Joe pushed his grey and dirty bedcover off of himself and sat up in his bare-bones bed while getting his phone off of the mini square-shaped table beside his bed. Once Joe rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he soon got up and out of his bed while it creaked loudly due to wear and tear. Josephnite Flyer sat upright in his bed and paused for a moment with a long-drawn-out sigh as he was about to begin his long day of work.

Josephnite Flyer saw an e-mail on his phone from a company named ‘School Entertainment Inc’ and thought about checking it later if he had the time to. However, he should have read it sooner than put it off till later in the day since the email contained something very important regarding a competition that he is trying to set up with School Entertainment Inc. A competition about a genre of music that he hasn’t seen widely on Janiki, ever since he’s lived on Janiki.

Josephnite Flyer went over to his dreary-looking bedroom door and opened it up, to be instantly greeted by Bronze Flyer standing in the doorway. Bronze Flyer was the same height as Josephnite Flyer and had a colour scheme of bronze with dark blue lights all over himself, from his glowing blue symbol on his chest up to his digital blue eyes.

Bronze Flyer asked Josephnite Flyer as soon as he left his dinky little bedroom.

“Good morning, Joe, I know you’re not feeling up for the day as per normal but I’ve got to tell you that Psycho-Pat has been spotted loitering around a school in Gravdonvar! Lucky for us it’s four in the morning so you’ll have some time to expel her from the school before the kids go in for their first day of school!”

Josephnite Flyer looked at Bronze Flyer up and down and decided to walk past him and over to the kitchen area of their base to get a nice cup of latte to wake himself up. Bronze Flyer frowned but wasn’t angry at Josephnite Flyer, he was just simply worried that his mood had been down recently since he took the time to watch the Golden Case: Documentary that detailed and debunked everything that he had done during his time as Golden Flyer, a villain.

Bronze Flyer knew that if he watched it, he would be replaying all the horrible and atrocious things in the back of his mind but felt at the time that he needed to deal with what he had been through to see the future a bit more brightly, regardless of how bleak the idea of being owned by the J-Land government was. The idea of being chained up like a dog.

Luckily Bronze Flyer didn’t have to deal with anything like that himself, since he became Josephnite Flyer’s biggest rival, along with the group of heroes Bronze Flyer led, to try and take down Josephnite Flyer when he was still Golden Flyer, during his Golden Phase. Even now, Bronze Flyer is considered Josephnite Flyer’s surveyor and has to report back to the J-Land government on how Josephnite Flyer is doing. Half the time Bronze Flyer just copies and pastes what he wrote the last time he was filling out his reports.

Bronze Flyer followed Josephnite Flyer cautiously into the kitchen area of their base, as he asked their computer AI to brew him a nice latte with the equipment and resources, they had available in the kitchen. Bronze Flyer put his hand onto Josephnite Flyer’s shoulder, causing Josephnite Flyer to turn and look at him tiredly and jokingly told him.

“Ah, why can’t she just be awake at normal hours like a normal Janikan being?”

As Josephnite Flyer smiled Bronze Flyer’s mouth visualiser screen also started to turn into a smile. Josephnite Flyer continued talking to Bronze Flyer about his current mood.

“Sorry Bronze, I’m just… tired this morning that’s all… had this weird dream that I was back on Earth, AGAIN! I know it seems like it’s a lot more frequent since you freed me from being a slave to The Invisible…”

The computer AI pinged Josephnite Flyer that the latte he asked for was ready to be drunk. Josephnite Flyer took the grey cup it was brewed in and inhaled a deep breath while lifting the grey cup to his nose. Josephnite Flyer let out a sigh of pleasure, as the smell of coffee in the morning perked him right up, along with the absurd number of shots he asks the computer AI to use to keep him going for the day.

“I know I’m going through some shit Bronze but… I’ve got to keep pushing along, right? My family are depending on me to find them, so I can’t just let everything weigh me down forever!”

Josephnite Flyer took a sip of his freshly brewed latte and was pleased that it was warm enough to drink but not hot enough that it would scold his mouth. Josephnite Flyer tapped Bronze Flyer on the shoulder and beckoned him to follow him by tilting his head towards his bright green armour from across the base’s main hub of operation.

They walked over calmly to his suit and looked behind it, to see the monitor screen that was displaying a flashing selection of suits that were being planned up then turned their attention to the monitor screen beside the light green Josephnite Flyer suit that gave twenty-four-hour diagnostics on how charged up the suit was and if its systems were functional or not.

Josephnite Flyer placed his latte onto the work table beside his suit and heard the clink of his big grey mug reverberate throughout the base since it was the loudest sound caused at this moment. Josephnite Flyer’s suit automatically opened as the computer AI detected him approaching the suit and understood his intention to enter the suit since he needed to take care of Psycho-Pat.

As Josephnite Flyer slipped into the light green Josephnite Flyer suit he briefly thanked the computer AI by telling it in a groggy voice.

“Thanks… AI? We really need to come up with a name for you soon! I don’t know how we haven’t after all this time! Thanks for the latte as well!”

Since the AI was unable to speak, as it was still in its early phases of being built up into a full-blown AI, it lowered the visor in Josephnite Flyer’s suit and wrote the words “Thank You” across his visor before raising the visor back up again.

Josephnite Flyer stepped down from the step the suit stood on and adjusted his wrists while Bronze Flyer asked him.

“Things seem quiet tonight, do you want me to fly over with you too, to back you up?”

Josephnite Flyer tightly twisted the right wrist of his suit until he heard it click into place and answered Bronze Flyer with confidence in his voice.

“Ah nah it should be fine! She hasn’t been able to beat me since I’ve started using this suit so hopefully today’s no different!”

 

Josephnite Flyer looked down upon himself and gazed upon his Josephnite-covered suit. Josephnite itself is a crystalline material that came from the outer reaches of the Dark System, the solar system Janiki resides in. Josephnite was first discovered by Joe at the end of his Golden Phase when he dawned a modified version of his Iron Flyer armour.

Josephnite Flyer quickly learned, with the help of Bronze Flyer, that this alien crystalline material can be morphed and shaped into a thin layer that wraps perfectly over and onto his armour.

Regardless of his more metallic look, it’s the strongest crystalline substance known to Janiki and is perfect for all sorts of conditions, whereas before, Josephnite Flyer, when operating as Iron Flyer needed to have multiple versions of his suit for different scenarios. Some of these scenarios include; underwater combat, extreme heat combat, and space combat to say the least. Josephnite Flyer would have a dozen suits just to perform his heroic deeds.

As technology improved and with the introduction of his Josephnite suit, he only requires the suit he’s dawned onto himself now along with a spare backup suit and a bigger special suit he’s working on with Bronze Flyer and his computer AI that’ll be more advantageous for bigger battles wherever they may arise.

 

Josephnite Flyer continued to reassure Bronze Flyer.

“As long as she doesn’t magically gain a good chunk of Josephnite, her knives and swords will never crack through this suit!”

Josephnite Flyer opened his right arm up to reveal a mini-screen hiding underneath his armour and flicked it with his index finger to open the main exit that his big light green jet was parked beside. Josephnite Flyer turned to Bronze Flyer and told him.

“I’ll be fine Bronze! Try get some sleep soon, okay? You still need it yourself!”

Before Bronze Flyer could reply to Josephnite Flyer, he had taken off from where they both stood and shot out through the hanger-sized exit, leaving a trail of light green energy behind himself that slowly disappeared. Bronze Flyer asked the computer AI.

“Can you close that hanger door please…?”

The computer AI flashed a message on the monitor that was checking the vitals of the Josephnite Flyer suit before it was unplugged from where it stood and told Bronze Flyer.

“Of course, Bronze Flyer. Can I designate myself a name since Josephnite Flyer said ‘We need to come up with a name for you soon’?”

Bronze Flyer told the computer AI out loud, nearly looking like a crazy person shouting to themselves and mumbling under his breath.

“Oh, you can give yourself a name? That was fast… Alright, what did you have in mind?”

The computer AI made the main set of monitors beep loudly behind Bronze Flyer, to direct his attention away from the vitals monitor as it turned off to reserve its power. Bronze Flyer walked up to the main set of monitors, which had one massive fifty-inch monitor in the middle and was surrounded by multiple mini-monitors surrounding this big monitor.

Bronze Flyer stood in front of the array of monitors as he looked around to see what the computer AI wanted to be called. The computer AI flashed its name of choice on the main big monitor, over the footage of cameras it was cycling between to keep an eye on where Josephnite Flyer was flying to. Bronze Flyer looked at the name confused and told the computer.

“I’ve never seen that name before. How do you pronounce it computer?”

The computer AI opened up a clip of Josephnite Flyer on the mini monitors, while he was still Iron Flyer as he told Bronze Flyer in the clip it was displaying.

“…so yeah the name of that river in Ireland is called the ‘River Shannon’ and…”

 

Bronze Flyer was awed at the computer's attention to detail and was surprised with its fast development but was also happy with the name it or she wanted to use, Shannon.

Josephnite Flyer was speeding up to the northern side of J-Land to intersect Psycho-Pat as she was now reported and seen on top of a tall building in Gravdonvar but now away from the school. Josephnite Flyer told himself out loud, with a shimmering light green plasma-like shield covering his face so that he would stay warm and protect his face.

“Okay Pat, let’s hope this is a real quick date! There are no nice places open at this hour!”

 

To Be Continued in Sherry Aweber's Story: Volume 2!

0