Prologue: Sherry Aweber
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue Chapter: Sherry Aweber

One day, Sherry Aweber was still fast asleep in her light and bright pink striped coloured bed and dreaming of being in an empty void, with her thoughts being the only thing that filled the atmosphere all around her in her dream. Sherry thought to herself in this dream.

It’s a big world out there! Out of all the things to happen in my life here in Dwindabre, who would’ve ever guessed that I would get the chance to meet the superhero Josephnite Flyer himself face to face!? Or, Iron Flyer, should I say since that’s what he used to go by back when he rescued me!”

In the dream that Sherry was having, it started to brighten up and become clearer and clearer to her. At first, Sherry could only imagine her voice in a lightless void until she started to manifest in the dream herself and realised that she was walking barefoot across shallow waters beneath her. She walked on the ‘ocean’ floor which was three centimetres in height.

As Sherry walked along the film of water below herself, she looked down at the water and started to notice some tiny ripples of water form below herself as the water splashed around as she walked. Because of the reflection of the water reflecting only the sky, if a person were to view Sherry from afar at this moment, they would think it was fiction with the way Sherry seemed like she was floating in the sky!

This works due to the salt, sand, and water consistency below Sherry. These special conditions and elements at play give Sherry this gracious-looking and surreal-looking moment of herself seamlessly floating in the pale red sky of Janiki, full of white fluffy clouds that surround her, even those clouds that are reflected off of the water.

As Sherry kept walking forward, the salt and sand started to fall off from the soles of her feet as she raised one foot higher than the other and stepped forward. As Sherry continued walking and narrating to herself in whispers, she finally took notice of the bizarre situation she was in as the wind blew onto the back of her light, pink, and long-flowing straight hair.

As Sherry stood at her tallest height of five foot, five inches tall, her light blue eyes shun in the reflection of the purple sun that hid behind a cloud in the pale red sky. For a moment, even Sherry seemed to realize that it looked like she was suspended in mid-air. Somehow Sherry managed to shake off this feeling of floaty-ness very quickly and managed to keep herself grounded while still standing on the solid ground that was beneath the film of water below her feet.

Sherry smiled with a gasp as she looked out and ahead of herself since the water, she stood in seemed like a never-ending ocean. After seeing her hairclip start to slip out from her hair due to the wind swishing her hair in one direction, Sherry raised her hands up and over her face to fix her little red strawberry-themed hairclip on the right-hand side of her hair.

From Sherry’s shoulders to down beneath her knees, she wore a pure white dress with a big red ribbon that went around her waist. Sherry’s white dress swayed with the direction of the wind while her long pink hair continued to follow suit. Sherry tried to hold down her long pink flowing hair so that she could completely fix her strawberry hair clip as it continued to try and slip down from its usual spot on the right-hand side of her fringe.

Sherry looked to her left-hand side of herself and continued monologuing to herself in the dream.

“Ever since that day, I keep thinking about wanting to meet Josephnite Flyer again in the flesh! It would be nice! It would also feel like the right thing to do after all this time! I want to take any chances I get to talk to him and tell him how much I appreciate him for saving my life when I was younger! When I nearly died…”

Sherry briefly heard the echoes of the noises of a typical mini truck, screeching its tyres as the driver of the mini-truck was trying to bring the vehicle to a halt by pressing down hard on their mini-truck brakes while honking their horn. Sherry quickly turned around in a panic since she thought an actual mini-truck was going to hit her head-on since it sounded so close to her but she was surprised since she couldn’t see a mini-truck anywhere around her in her dream.

The sounds of the mini truck started to come from all around Sherry, all at once all around herself. Once Sherry stopped looking around as the mini-truck noises started to disappear, she looked down at herself and raised her hands from her sides. Sherry raised her hands just enough so that she could make out the finer details in the palms of her hands as the shining light from the purple sun broke free from the clouds hiding it.

Sherry started smiling and blushed at the thought of what it would be like to see Josephnite Flyer eye to eye again since it would be a miracle. Sherry imagined Josephnite Flyer as Iron Flyer again, making her feel at ease as if everything would be okay since he had arrived to save her once again. This moment in Sherry’s dream started to feel more and more like when Josephnite Flyer, as Iron Flyer, flew off after cradling Sherry and protecting her from the oncoming mini-truck and had asked her before he left her.

“Hey! Are you okay?”

Deep down, Sherry still wishes that she didn’t get caught up in the moment of Josephnite Flyer’s heroics and managed to tell him as loud as she could before he flew after the speeding mini truck that almost hit her.

“Thank you, Josephnite Flyer!”

As Sherry thought about saying thank you to Josephnite Flyer, she said thank you to herself out loud in her dream without even noticing it. After saying thank you out loud, Sherry thought to herself with a gentle smile plastered on her face.

“I do hope that one day, I get the opportunity to meet him again and thank him from the bottom of my heart!”

 

Suddenly, Sherry heard a voice faintly call out from inside her dream. The voice calling to her grew louder and louder with each attempt to call for her. Before Sherry knew it, she suddenly woke up in her bed from that bizarre dream sequence she had just gone through.

0