Chapter 1 – Among Us
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baby, a mischievous brown and white tabby cat, was curled up on her favorite sunny spot on the bed, perfectly content. Her eyes drifted half-shut as she listened to the soothing taps and swipes coming from her owner's tablet.

"Gotcha, you little imposter!" her owner cried out triumphantly. Baby's ear flicked at the sudden noise but she remained happily nestled in the pillows.

Her owner was fully immersed in her current obsession, a game called Among Us. From what Baby gathered from the colorful shapes and noises emanating from the device, it involved cute little spacemen creatures completing tasks while trying to catch sneaky imposters.

Baby yawned lazily, stretching out her legs. She wished something exciting would happen to disrupt the sleepy afternoon.

As if granting her wish, a strange hum suddenly filled the air, followed by a flash of light that momentarily blinded Baby. She blinked in alarm, immediately on high alert.

When her vision cleared, Baby was shocked to find herself no longer on the bed but inside a spaceship, complete with metal walls and glowing control panels! Baby's fur stood on end as she glanced around warily.

Scuttling around her were the very same little spacemen from her owner's game - lime green, sky blue, and bright pink. Baby watched in fascination as they went about their tasks, pressing colorful buttons and pulling important-looking levers.

Overcome by curiosity, Baby hopped down and began following the nearest crewmate, a perky little pink one. When it tried to ignore Baby's pleas for attention, she resorted to tripping it, sending it squeaking and tumbling head over heels.

Gleefully, Baby raced over to a large, tempting red button on the wall. She remembered her owner hitting a similar button when imposters were afoot. Baby slammed it excitedly with her paw, anxious to see what chaos she could unleash.

Lights began flashing as sirens rang out. Baby's fur stood on end at the sudden cacophony. Doors whooshed open as all the crewmates hurried toward the meeting room, arguing loudly.

Baby scurried after them, squeezing under the large round table they had gathered around. She weaved between their legs, demanding pets and treats. Distracted, the crewmates ignored Baby, too busy accusing each other of being imposters.

Bored with being overlooked, Baby turned her attention to a tangle of colorful wires near the wall, batting at them curiously. The wiring began sparking dangerously.

The crewmates gasped, now convinced Baby was sabotaging their ship. They voted unanimously to eject her out the airlock.

Baby yowled in protest as she was forcibly sucked through the airlock into the inky void of space. But despite the dramatic exit, she felt proud of the chaos she had caused in the short time aboard.

Drifting along silently with only stars for company, Baby wondered what other adventures awaited her. She didn't have to wait long - suddenly, a giant swirling rainbow portal opened up before her. With an excited flick of her tail, Baby let it pull her in, ready to cause more mischief in this new world.

1