Chapter 1: Awakening
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's still hard for me to believe how all of this happened. I'm writing this journal in order to wrap my head around all of this. 

I guess I should start from the beginning. It was like any other night for me. Just playing games with my best friend that I've known for more than 10 years. I'd never met him in real life before since he lives in Canada. We ended up discussing the possibility of me coming to visit while playing one of our favorite games Halo Master Chief Collection.

Sab: "Come on man I know it's a long way up here but once you get here you can just crash on my couch no worries. Hotels are way to pricey anyway!"

Zach: "Idk man. I would really like to come hang out and do some paintball and other shit with you but, it's such a long trip up there and I'd have to get a passport."

Sab: "Think about all the other places you can go if you get a passport. Not just here but anywhere in the world really. Plus I mean, it's going to be my birthday soon. It would really be awesome for my bro to come up and celebrate with me."

Zach: (He's even using the birthday card on me now. It's been a hell of a long time knowing him. Every year it seems like something comes up but this time I'll try my best to show up. I got a much more stable job so things should work out as long as I don't wreck or something.) "haha Alright, alright I'll get my damn passport and come visit. Those paintball fields better be really good though!"

I saw something flick on my second monitor. I normally kept discord on there while gaming on my second monitor. Glancing over I saw it was sab turning his webcam on with a nervous look.

Sab: "Are you for real?"

Zach:(I don't blame him for doubting me. I've said this a few times and never ended up coming due to fear or finances. Sigh I always felt bad for that.) "Yes I'm sure this time nothing is stopping me. You know I'm decent on money now so yeah I'm coming up."

Sab let out a long breath and then looked serious into the camera.

Sab: "I need to tell you something when you come up. Let me know when you have your passport and are on your way. Are you trying to get here all in one go or are you getting a hotel?"

Zach: (Don't know what that's all about but whatever. He's always been overly dramatic with things so I doubt it's anything to worry about)"Haha I plan on doing it all in one go and don't look so serious as long as you don't plan on sacrificing me in some sort of dark ritual shit. I doubt you'll chase me off"

Sab looked shocked for a second then started laughing his ass off.

Sab: "You got one hell of an imagination as always man. I'm glad we decided to hang out tonight. It's been a while since we both had free time like this."

Zach: "Yeah, me to man, me to. Now let's get back to killing this noobs!"

Sab: "Alright. One to left on ramp.. nice kill."

Things were a bit of a blur after that. We ended up not being able to hang out due to our schedules never matching up which honestly was pretty normal. Today was the day I'd call them and let them know I was on my way. I had just gotten my passport and put in 2 weeks worth of vacation time at work. It's also when I truly began questioning everything..

Zach: "Hey man guess whatttttt!"

Sab looked like he'd just woken up. Probably due to me calling him.

Sab: "hnng what is it?"

Zach: "I'm on my way to Canada man! "

Sab's eyes went wide and it looked like someone injected him with pure energy as he shot up out of bed knocking his phone on the floor.

Sab: "Fuck, one second!"

Zach: "Haha surprised much? Anyways just called to let you know. Right now I'm just stopped at a gas station probably like 2 hours away from you. "

Sab had picked the phone up and looked happy but also a bit odd I couldn't place it at the time but looking back now I know it was a hint of fear.

Sab: "Uh, yeah alright. Awesome! Guess I should get things ready then haha. Be careful driving through Detroit man just fill up plenty where you are at and don't stop anywhere in Detroit. Let me know when ur close or get lost."

Zach:(Detroit is dangerous noted...lets not ponder on that one to much) " Yep sounds good man I'll see you soon." 

Only 40 minutes away from Sab and still in Detroit I got a flat tire...

Zach:(Oh great just what I need! This place is giving my eerie vibes I mean all the buildings around me are run down and no one is outside.. I think I might be fucked here better call my on the road assistance and get this fixed fast) 

I went for my phone only to notice it had no service. Like how the hell did it have no service here? *Sighs* Sorry back to it.

Zach:(Just my luck... guess I gotta hope the spare is still good and that I got the stuff to swap the tires off.)

I got out of the car and popped the trunk quickly looking for the things I'd need.

Zach:(Hell yeah! Got everything I need now I just gott-)

Stranger: "Hey man you know where u are?"

I let out a sigh preparing for a fight as I turned around and was greeted with the sight of 3 gangsters I guess? rough looking demeanor and all were packing guns in their waistbands not even trying to them. I mean if you're going to put them there how much effort does it take to where a longer shirt and hide them? ahem sorry. Wait this is my journal why the hell am I apologizing to myself!

Zach: (Great. Exactly what I wanted to happen....)"Quite frankly no I don't. I'm trying to get to a friend in Canada and my tire blew out."

Stanger: "You for real right now?" 

The main guy in the middle said and then pulled his gun out at me

Stanger: "Give me everything you got and I'll let you walk to your little friend."

this is where things get hazy for me ... I remember being scared shitless for my life but then like in my nightmares as a kid I got pissed off I was infuriated that I was scared and that anger grew into a rage and everything went blank when I came to the three men were just ground up hunks flesh. Like a semi truck ran them over and backed up to squish them some more. My heart began beating out of my chest and I began to hyperventilate 

Zach(WHAT! THE! FUCK!)

I remembered some breathing exercises and after a few minutes of standing in a dark street with 2 street lights everything was quiet. No cops no screams of terror. Absolutely nothing.

Zach: (you got this man just get a new set of clothes and ? I'm not covered in blood? How? What the hell is going on!?)

I stared dumbfounded at the tiny driver side mirror I also took my camera out for a better view.. Not a single drop of blood was on me.

Zach: (Just....Just don't think about it... don't think about it just fix the tire and drive)

After 30 minutes I was gone.. slowly driving my way to Sab's house with a million thoughts racing in my head and I hoped he could distract me enough not to think about them. I wasn't ready for what came next...

 

A/N: Thanks for reading my first book. I'm planning on releasing at least 3 chapters per week. I know the quality might not be the best but I hope you all enjoy it nonetheless. Please leave some comments and ideas for what I can do. I won't promise I'll do them but I'd love to read them and maybe get inspired by them! :)

0